2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

R.I.P. SPECIAL CRATE DROPS

bipolarzebra

Fellow crate hunters...I have noticed a disturbing trend. Where are the special crate drops? It seems like past holidays there have been plenty of shirts dropping. Now it seems like they just give them to you when you log on, or do the recent BS twitch giveaway. Do you think we will see more of this blasphemy?! I hope they havent decided to do away with them, Crate hunting is seriously the most fun I ever have on GTAO.

• Like 3

It's not just crate drops, but all freemode events prior to the freemode update.

I was starting to wonder if all of the old free roam random events were gone for good, or if they were just on hiatus to give exposure to the new events.

Does anyone know for a fact whether the old free roam events are currently planned to ever come back or be permanently gone?

not doing crate drops on Xbox One, PS4 and PC is actually one of the smartest things that Rockstar has done in the two years that GTA Online has been open for. Between them being pretty much broken - would only drop one out of 10 times - and then the few times it would drop without glitching out, the idiots that hide in god mode would make it impossible to get.

I do agree however that the way they went about releasing the halloween shirts through a raffle on a dumb livestream was an incredibly stupid decision, and the fact that they only gave a four hour warning in the middle of a weekday for a livestream that also took place in the middle of a work day where people are still at school and work and have no chance at being able to watch the livestream and get the shirts makes it that much worse.

at this point, at least until Rockstar finally pulls their heads out of their butts and patches the multiple god mode exploits and completely overhauls the crate drop system to make sure they don't glitch out, the crate drops need to stay away from the game. If they do that, then sure bring them back, but until that happens (if it ever does) they don't need to be doing the crates.

• Like 1

Miss Malevolent

I hated crate drops. Except for the last one, when they had what I term, "smart" crate drops. Cause getting the same thing over and over again was soooooooooo silly.

If they brought back "smart" crate drops, I'd be okay with it. But I'm quite happy with logging in and getting a shirt. Or playing a playlist and getting a shirt.

• Like 4

TheKingChivas

Between them being pretty much broken - would only drop one out of 10 times - and then the few times it would drop without glitching out, the idiots that hide in god mode would make it impossible to get.

Yeah...no. I was a major crate collector whenever an event came up. Once in a while, there'd be a crate glitch, but more like one in 20-30 (at least...I didn't have one crate glitch out since last year). I never had god mode players going for one either, just the occasional passive one (though I realize situations can differ from session to session). Regardless, they worked fine...sorry they weren't just presented to you on a silver platter.

• Like 1

Passive mode destroyed crate hunting...I won't miss it.

Edited by TreFacTor

TheKingChivas

I don't think so...most who tried using it were pretty bad at it. I saw many a player in passive get killed by the NPCs. It never stopped me from getting the items I wanted.

I don't think so...most who tried using it were pretty bad at it. I saw many a player in passive get killed by the NPCs. It never stopped me from getting the items I wanted.

it took no skill to use. Passive +armored kuruma= easy grab.

Lack of crate drops? I can live it.

Since Rockstar halted development on old-gen systems they've given us the Events Update, Lowrider Update and now the Halloween Update.

That's something I can definitely live with on next-gen.

TheKingChivas

it took no skill to use. Passive +armored kuruma= easy grab.

Most in cars never even saw the crate in my sessions. I thought you were at least talking about people in passive using planes and copters. Still wasn't an issue for me.

I rather get special shirts from a crate or from playing a playlist than from watching a stream any day of the week and Sunday.

Edited by r.lorenzo13

BiscuitTheCat59

I never had any issue with crate drops, I always ended up getting them. Although I understand how they can be bad for a lot of people.

They could give stuff away for playing the event playlist like they used to.

Edited by BiscuitTheCat59

Good riddance.

It's not just crate drops, but all freemode events prior to the freemode update.

I did get a "Destroy Aircraft" event a few days ago. They're still there, but a lot more rare now.
  • Like 1

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

I hope they stay with the livestream method when giving players limited edition stuff...atleast when talking about clothes....the tears of the past days on this subforum have been delicious.

You just can't put a price on those things :)

TheKingChivas

I hope they stay with the livestream method when giving players limited edition stuff...atleast when talking about clothes....the tears of the past days on this subforum have been delicious.

...until they give away something you DO want in one...then you'll be singing a different tune.

Let me guess, you're saying that because you're a last gen player?

I miss doing those. Hope they come back soon.

• Like 1

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

...until they give away something you DO want in one...then you'll be singing a different tune.

Railgun ?

Again...with that amount of people who do not get it i do not think i woud come across someone who is gonna use it against me.

A super that looks like an aventador/huracan and destroys other supers or is atleast equal to the t-20 ?

Again the same story....and have fun getting kicked from races all the time.

Im still on old gen...i do not feel the need to have everything thats nice.

Why so salty bro ? :)

Crate drops are so annoying, you literally have a 50 50 chance of getting the same special t-shirt over and over again if you already had it. Getting them is easy, but waiting for one to come and dealing with the same t-shirt is stupid especially when there are at least 3 to get.

I could see you no life having bastard enjoying it, lol...figures you're on last gen....mad much

b7WKJtF.jpg

Edited by r.lorenzo13

BiscuitTheCat59

Railgun ?

Again...with that amount of people who do not get it i do not think i woud come across someone who is gonna use it against me.

A super that looks like an aventador/huracan and destroys other supers or is atleast equal to the t-20 ?

Oh look goldadderXd is trolling again. oh you.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Let me guess, you're saying that because you're a last gen player?Nope...because i think personaly its sad to see people cry over virtual t-shirts and i have a dark sence of humor :)

I love crate drops, total heart pounding rush! They will be back at Christmas time, likely with the live stream Halloween shirts etc...

Never used passive either, just went for it and come what may. Can't begrudge another player for beating me to it, part of the thrill 😎

• Like 1

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Railgun ?

Oh look goldadderXd is trolling again. oh you.If this is trolling...wow...people are so soft and mad...i better stick to giving sertain comments thumbs up then.

Otherwise i have to deal with the angry butthurt player thats gonna spam the report button and then i have to deal with the angry moderator and before i know i have to make a new acount

Not worth it

edit:

Feel free to harras me be pm if you want :)

Bye

TheKingChivas

Railgun ?

Not salty at all...Rockstar just chose a stupid method to give away things that it would seem many players wanted. To use a live stream that many people had no chance of watching (for whatever the reason...work, family, region) was incredibly dumb. For a lot of us, the shirts are fun. My character wears basically the same thing all the time but switches t-shirts, hence why I want a bunch of them.

This isn't people bitching because they can't have the new cars on last gen or the like...this is a far more legitimate gripe and I don't blame people for not being happy about it.

I never cared for crate drops. The ones I collected was because I felt like being a dick. Killed a guy just above a crate as he parachuted towards it. Then I nicked it, put it on, and climbed up and down a ledge as he tried to run me over in a super.

Also I agree with goldadderXD. Been great seeing the threads crying over a pixel t-shirt. And when I upgrade, I'll do drive-bys on a chrome faggio with pink wheels while everyone is distracted watching a livestream for a dildo bobblehead.

• Like 2

Lack of crate drops? I can live it.

Since Rockstar halted development on old-gen systems they've given us the Events Update, Lowrider Update and now the Halloween Update.

That's something I can definitely live with on next-gen.

While I do like and have been enjoying the freemode events, (especially any involving flight) the intensity of collecting crate drops in my opinion, is unmatched thus far.

Edited by bipolarzebra

Next week, we'll get a chance to be part of a raffle, to win an exclusive pair of limited edition shoes. Only 14 people will get them. All we'll have to do is tune into the X Pop Factory Idol to find put how.

Edited by normanself