2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How do you play with friends?

BarryRiley

Trying to start a Lamar mission for a friend to join but every single time I join the mission it joins a full one and launches immediately.

So how do you launch the Lamar missions with a friend? Even an invite only and closed friend session launches with randoms

Anyone? I really don't understand how you play with friends. Every two player game I've started already has someone in

Yeah it's pretty dumb, just go into the circle and if you aren't a host just leave immidiately and then join again until you are a host...

So you can't play missions in GTA Online with friends? Nice...

How the hell are R* making this much money from such a poorly made game?

Edited by BarryRiley

I would've told you to start an invite only session and then start the mission, but you said it didn't work so i don't know what to tell you.

The Lamar missions are the first to work this way with matchmaking. It's either a mistake, or misguided attempt to get the community to play with new people, since it's a modified heist format. I turned matchmaking off long ago, and missions and heists are easy to setup with friends. For Lamar, just keep trying until you are the host.

• Like 1

Yeah it's pretty dumb, just go into the circle and if you aren't a host just leave immidiately and then join again until you are a host...

hate this and that recording showing up when you hit down on dpad

Took me 5 tries to be the host to invite my friend before the list filled up and I had to kick while waiting for her to join , ridiculous

The Lamar missions are only available by going into the blue corona outside Benny's. Nearly every other mission in the game is available from the start menu, which makes you the sole player in there, and the host.

As for making money from such a poorly made game, that's a double-edged sword. It *is* probably the most poorly made game I've ever played and I spot new bugs in it all the time, most of them the kind of thing that any decent developer would have stopped doing by their early teens. However, it's also one of the most engaging, fun and stunning games of all time. You have to take the rough with the smooth.

• Like 2

Op, have you set your matchmaking options to closed???

/ONLINE/OPTIONS/CLOSED/ your personal option not the one in the mission lobby

That should prevent Randoms from joining and ensure you are the host, then just invite friends from the lobby

gotta admit I dont think I ever hosted any Lamar missions

Edited by TheHammer

Op, have you set your matchmaking options to closed???

/ONLINE/OPTIONS/CLOSED/ your personal option not the one in the mission lobby

That should prevent Randoms from joining and ensure you are the host, then just invite friends from the lobby

gotta admit I dont think I ever hosted any Lamar missions

Yeah this doesn't work. Literally the only thing to do is join and quit if there's someone else in the game.

I find it difficult to believe that all these really basic issues have somehow bypassed the developers

Smooth Longsack

The Lamar missions are only available by going into the blue corona outside Benny's. Nearly every other mission in the game is available from the start menu, which makes you the sole player in there, and the host.

As for making money from such a poorly made game, that's a double-edged sword. It *is* probably the most poorly made game I've ever played and I spot new bugs in it all the time, most of them the kind of thing that any decent developer would have stopped doing by their early teens. However, it's also one of the most engaging, fun and stunning games of all time. You have to take the rough with the smooth.

This is true but the stunning part vastly outweighs the buggy part. There is no game out there that's on gta v's level.

This community needs less of the negative diarrhea posts that we're quoting here.

How dare you. It's an amazing game.

This is true but the stunning part vastly outweighs the buggy part. There is no game out there that's on gta v's level.

This community needs less of the negative diarrhea posts that we're quoting here.

While I agree that the single player is absolutely outstanding, GTA Online is a total mess. Yeah it's fun, but 2 years on and the are still game-breaking bugs around every corner. It's fun yeah, but it's just not the work of a multi million dollar company in 2015. The only thing that runs smoothly are the glitches, which I've managed to make about 10 million using in the last week alone

I agree, but hope that wasn't aimed at me. There's a difference between "negative diarrhea posts" and what I posted, as I wasn't bashing for some personal reason - I was just saying what I see. The things I love about the game far outweigh the problems with it, or I'd have stopped playing a long, long time ago.