2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Are you satisfied with GTA online; now vs launch? Next gen and last ge

Cubanoking99

How satisfied are you with Gta online now versus lunch date?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. With the current gen (Xbox1,Ps4, Pc) version of Gta online?

• Very satisfied
    • Meets expectations satisfied
    • Not satisfied
    • Other: please comment and explain how you feel about Gta online?
  2. 2. With the Last gen (Xbox360,Ps3) version of Gta online?

• Very satisfied
    • Meets expectations satisfied
    • Not satisfied
    • Other: please comment and explain how you feel about Gta online?

I am just curious as to how the community as a whole feels about Gta online as of right now 10/30/15:

Do you love it, hate it or feel lukewarm about it, room for improvement?

Mostly just curious how many people are satisfied with Gta online now versus the lunch date.

Personally I love it now; I am completely satisfied with the game right now as it is. I would love new content regardless but in it's current state I feel with the Gta online concept we were promised and sold when we first bought Gta5 versus the sorry state of lunch day of Gta5 as well as the countless issues and missteps on rockstar's part.

Edit- lol I know it says "lunch" but I meant "launch" as in "launch date"; sorry for the misspelling.

Edited by Cubanoking99

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Still needs matchmaking fix, removal of property cap to be close to perfect for me.

Then again the only games i played more then this game were some mario games, mgs3, cod 4 and tetris :p

• Like 1

As far as next gen, I think it's okay. The same problems since Last Gen still plague the game (connection errors, buggy glitches, ridiculous AI, etc..) but the game is okay, I guess.

Last Gen however is just sad. They left it in the dirt and never fixed it. I was never satisfied with the last gen version and never will be.

Edit: And I plan on having Oreos for lunch. Thanks for asking..

Edited by Judicious 7
  • Like 5

shadowoperative

I had a meatball sub. Now I am sitting on the crapper spewing hot tar.

OT. I am very satisfied with GTAO and this bm.

• Like 2

AndYuKnowTHIS

Well, I'll get it out the way, last gen sucks ass now. Nothing more than a mere beta and I haven't touched it in weeks. People on last gen have no idea what they're doing. Just fukn around with there friends

Trying to decide if I wanna get a Ps4 this paycheck or wait till black Friday. A lot of my family already have Ps4s, So im like stuck behind now. Not to mention Fallout and Need 4 Speed will be out. And NBA 2k16 is in stores now.

• Like 1

Well, I'll get it out the way, last gen sucks ass now. Nothing more than a mere beta and I haven't touched it in weeks. People on last gen have no idea what they're doing. Just fukn around with there friends

Trying to decide if I wanna get a Ps4 this paycheck or wait till black Friday. A lot of my family already have Ps4s, So im like stuck behind now. Not to mention Fallout and Need 4 Speed will be out. And NBA 2k16 is in stores now.

Wait till black Friday if the deal is to good. But if you really want it then go ahead. You'd be impressed how improved the game is on ps4/XONE.
  • Like 1

I barely played on my 360 but since buying the game a second time (PS4) I have to admit GTA online is the only game I play. So far I'm satisfied. What really excites me is how much better the new content has been since Rockstar ditched last gen. Lowriders blew me away, wasn't expecting anything on that level, easily the best content since Heists. Speaking of heists, that is my one disappointment. I expected more heists to follow after those first five (four and a half) and I haven't given up hope it'll happen next year. For me GTA online should be about cars and crime! Heists should have been the core of the game and what everything else is built around. I want my character to be a career criminal, I'm not too bothered about the races, DMs and LTS etc.

Edited by theEwing1979
  • Like 1

GTA O's servers definitely are not better than lunch thats for sure :^:

• Like 2

There was a one day sale on amazon a few days back that listed the ps4 at $300. If I were you, I would get the black ops 3 and ps4 bundle that's out right now. If you aren't into black ops 3, then wait for some other good bundle that may roll out.
  • Like 1

I aint know with yall but loading times seems extended on new gen at the moment.

R* servers nowadays.

• Like 1

JohnXina - Discord Emojispacer.pngJohnXina - Discord Emoji

FrugalDangerMan

Lunch jokes aside, I still play the game daily and find it a decent distraction from my grown up responsibilities.

That being said, I not as happy since the free roam update. Before that, you could at least do SOMETHING in a solo free roam session that netted you some cash. Bank trucks, smuggler planes, cop distractions, etc. They paid ok and gave you something to do on the days when the cloud failed to find a solid connection.

But now, you cant even get a free roam even to start unless there's 5 players in a session together.

Some free mode events pay well, others are SO not worth the effort. And dont get me started on the fall related events. Why provide aircraft to use in an event where you cant realistically fall more than 60ft?

You can also see which events are popular now. Penned in rarely gets enough players to start and theyre all driving insurgents anyway.

I'm rambling. The point is, provide something for solo players to do...yeah...I think that was the point.

• Like 2

I aint know with yall but loading times seems extended on new gen at the moment.

R* servers nowadays.

It might be the case that the updates have brought back many Gta5 players and the amount of players are taxing the servers.

I agree with others in regards to Rockstar focusing their resources on current gen than last gen, it has allowed for great new content like Low riders update DLC. I am very satisfied with Gta online and am excited to see what is next; hoping that when (probably years) Gta6 online is released that we will be allowed to transfer out Gta5 avatar or at the least trade it in for rewards in Gta6.

Lunch jokes aside, I still play the game daily and find it a decent distraction from my grown up responsibilities.

That being said, I not as happy since the free roam update. Before that, you could at least do SOMETHING in a solo free roam session that netted you some cash. Bank trucks, smuggler planes, cop distractions, etc. They paid ok and gave you something to do on the days when the cloud failed to find a solid connection.

But now, you cant even get a free roam even to start unless there's 5 players in a session together.

Some free mode events pay well, others are SO not worth the effort. And dont get me started on the fall related events. Why provide aircraft to use in an event where you cant realistically fall more than 60ft?

You can also see which events are popular now. Penned in rarely gets enough players to start and theyre all driving insurgents anyway.

I'm rambling. The point is, provide something for solo players to do...yeah...I think that was the point.

Agreed on that aspect of freemode cash earning; I do miss free mode activities like bank trucks for solo freemode players who would rather not do Pvp and just want to be alone.

I will admit, from launch, we practically have almost twice as many vehicles. I am quite satisfied.

In the future, I am hoping that the following can be added.

-An unranked alternative Free Mode where we can turn off cops, control weather, etc... And since it is unranked, we the users have the option to allow mods in the lobby in our preferences. I bet this will encourage modders to create something clever that could give Rockstar new ideas and concepts of things to add to GTA Online.

-They would open up all of the interiors in Free Mode so they can be entered. The yacht and carrier are even there. I liked how they opened up all of the interiors in TBOGT's Free Mode so I think it would be great in here.

-Tuners. Practically the same concept as Low Riders where you upgrade a car like the Sultan, Elegy, or the Kuruma to a Tuner. NOS is on tuners too. I feel like this will come. As Benny said when you visit him for the first time, which was something along the lines of "I will be learning how to work on more cars later on".

-Animals appear in GTA Online.

-A plastic surgeon, where you can customize your character as many times as you want, but for a fee of course.

-The new Slasher Adversary game mode, set in the Oneal Farm House. (Perfect location!)

-Allow us to keep the Christmas cloths. I feel like some outfits for Christmas would make good outfits for Heists. It would be funny to hit up a score dressed up as Santa and his Elves.

-As of now we have almost all of the weapon types that were in past GTA's. Now we are just missing the chainsaw, and flame thrower. Also drones are a popular thing, and past GTA's had RC vehicles. I feel like drones would be a good thing to add to our inventory.

-Some more apartments with new interiors. Possibly houses or mansions too.

-This may happen now that last gen is no longer being updated, but new locations. It would be nice to return to LC. It seems a little ridiculous, but they did say that they made the game engine so you can create more map.

-Bahama Mamma's open. I don't know why they added that interior to current gen/PC. Might be a beta left over. Who knows. Still though. I feel like that interior serves a purpose. It is unfinished though. The enterance doesn't actually open and there are a few unsolid objects in it.

-A website where you can sell your personal vehicles to other players. Basically, you put your car up for sale. People can search Social Club users, or a specific vehicle they are looking for. Or they can search their Social Club friends and see what cars they are selling.

-The ability to fill up all of your ammo in Ammunation for all of your weapons at once.

-Restore missing props to Online that were in SP. (I even know how to do this. You just need to change one little value and they will be there.)

-The stock market website working in GTA O. That link has been there for ages.

-More character slots.

-More outfit slots.

-Better ragdoll physics like in SP. For example, press jump and punch button and you dive. Or when you jump into a wall, your character ragdolls rather than not getting affected by the wall.

-Stadium events like in VC and SA. It would include Demolition Derby, Dirt Bike Arena, and Stock Car race.

-I would say that I would like to have large vehicles like the Blimp, 747, or Cargo Plane available, but I think that may be a little bit of a heavy load if a bunch of people happen to have them at the same time. But for those vehicles, they could have set spawns for them. Once someone is using a vehicle from a spawn, it doesn't respawn in the spawn that the player got it from until it is destroyed or abandoned causing it to despawn. That would be a good way to restrict the number of massive vehicles.

Basically a lot of little things, but some big things. Liberty City definitely is big, and if we see that, it won't be for a long time.

• Like 1

Very satisfied with the current gen version, have played almost on each occasion I've had since November 2014. PS3 version I owned it from launch, the digital copy's still on my console but is a joke now with all the modding and constant stability issues, ain't going back there, ever. Sure had my fair share of fun on there tho, also met some really nice folks. In the end, the experience wasn't all that negative, so I guess I can safely say that I've enjoyed it while it lasted.

• Like 1

AndYuKnowTHIS

There was a one day sale on amazon a few days back that listed the ps4 at $300. If I were you, I would get the black ops 3 and ps4 bundle that's out right now. If you aren't into black ops 3, then wait for some other good bundle that may roll out.

Cod died after Black Ops 1. No thx. $300 is a steal though, so maybe I can trade it it.

• Like 1

Shootinalloveryourface

OT it has improved greatly, but there are some changes I don't like.

I miss the epic tank battles that used to go on. I'd like tanks buffed and the removal of the tank icon.

Also I think the coloured dots idea is pretty pointless.

Everything else though is tip top

• Like 1

Nothing against my Xbone but the game was just way better before the next gen launch..

I just hope Cameron Star doesn't see your comment, he/she will flip his sh*t when he/she does.

• Like 1

MeatSafeMurderer

Well...we used to be able to store any car in the game...it could just be my stomach talking but I chose lunch.

• Like 1

Yeah, I feel the same way at times, and not seeing any of the old free mode things popping up even in sessions by myself is really the only thing I don't like about having moved from 360 to One. And don't forget all the events that require aircraft to do and disallow passive mode; as much fun and success as I personally have fighting the people that invariably go for fighter jets, sometimes I do just want to actually do the event itself.

• Like 1