Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Zello

Will we get a GTA with a Mob focus again?

Recommended Posts

chartxgames

GTA never really had a Mob "focus", they were just kind of there.

 

It's an excellent question though and I hope we will.

 

The Mob itself isn't really so visble these days so a story aroud an up and coming young Mob guy trying to re-establish the Mafia would be a good idea.

 

Thanks for the great idea,
Michael.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Official General
2 hours ago, chartxgames said:

GTA never really had a Mob "focus", they were just kind of there.

 

It's an excellent question though and I hope we will.

Not quite true. 

 

GTA III - The nearly 3 quarters of the game's main story revolved around the protagonist Claude working for the Sicilian Mafia under the Leone Crime Family. Claude even nearly became an official member of the Liberty City Mafia (made man) before he was betrayed his employers. 

 

GTA Vice City - Well that explains itself. The protagonist, Tommy is a Mafioso in the Italian-American Mafia under the Forelli Crime Family, and he goes to Vice City to eventually set up his own Mafia empire. The whole game and it's main story is awash with Mafia focus. 

 

GTA IV. The first quarter of the game's main story is Mob-focused, although not in the traditional Italian-American or Irish-American sense, but in regards to the newer Russian Mob. The second half of the game's main story wholly

revolved around the Mob - Italian-American Mafia, Irish Mob, and Albanian organized crime. 

 

As for GTA San Andreas, yeah the Mob was 'just there', and put as side add-on to the main theme. In GTA V, they almost don't exist. 

 

2 hours ago, chartxgames said:

The Mob itself isn't really so visble these days so a story aroud an up and coming young Mob guy trying to re-establish the Mafia would be a good idea.

 

From a realism point of view (realism is a core part of GTA's theme), I don't think it's a good idea as it just would not make much sense, and it would feel too superficial. Say the next GTA game takes place in modern Vice City, I can't see the Mafia gaining control of the streets of modern-day Miami with all the powerful Hispanic drug/crime cartels that dominate organized crime there and the street gangs running amok selling drugs and engaging in turf wars in the city's ghettoes. 

 

I'd rather something relating to realistic scenarios. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello
On 7/21/2018 at 9:05 AM, Official General said:

GTA Vice City - Well that explains itself. The protagonist, Tommy is a Mafioso in the Italian-American Mafia under the Forelli Crime Family, and he goes to Vice City to eventually set up his own Mafia empire. The whole game and it's main story is awash with Mafia focus. 

Not really. The Forelli's only show up in the beginning of the game  and then at the end. The traditions, rituals, and how the Mafia operates is ignored the entire game. Tommy pretty much goes Rogue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Official General
1 hour ago, KY Jello said:

Not really. The Forelli's only show up in the beginning of the game  and then at the end. The traditions, rituals, and how the Mafia operates is ignored the entire game. Tommy pretty much goes Rogue.

 

Lol come on stop nitpicking. 

 

Its only a video game, it did not need to show such intricate details into the inner workings of the Mafia. Tommy needed no ritual either as he was already made if you paid attention to the story. Tommy’s real plan all along after a certain point in the story was to create his own Mafia crime family and empire which he did eventually that was what going rogue was all about. In real life many Mafia wars erupted because one faction wanted to breakaway from another larger faction. So yes, the entire game revolves around Mafia themes along with Latin American drug cartel ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty
On 12/10/2018 at 8:49 PM, Official General said:

 

Lol come on stop nitpicking. 

 

Its only a video game, it did not need to show such intricate details into the inner workings of the Mafia. Tommy needed no ritual either as he was already made if you paid attention to the story. Tommy’s real plan all along after a certain point in the story was to create his own Mafia crime family and empire which he did eventually that was what going rogue was all about. In real life many Mafia wars erupted because one faction wanted to breakaway from another larger faction. So yes, the entire game revolves around Mafia themes along with Latin American drug cartel ones. 

Yeah, but Tommy also makes Lance and Rosenberg high ranking members and they're not even full blooded Italians so I get what KY Jello's saying that Tommy pretty abandons traditions and rituals. I don't think he was talking about Tommy himself and his status as a made man.

 

The "Vercetti Gang" as it's called is more of a misfit organisation than an actual mafia crime family served to be more of a big "f*ck you" to Sonny and co. Clearly Vice City has its mafia themes, but I wouldn't say the entire game puts focus on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Official General
13 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

Yeah, but Tommy also makes Lance and Rosenberg high ranking members and they're not even full blooded Italians so I get what KY Jello's saying that Tommy pretty abandons traditions and rituals. I don't think he was talking about Tommy himself and his status as a made man.

 

The "Vercetti Gang" as it's called is more of a misfit organisation than an actual mafia crime family served to be more of a big "f*ck you" to Sonny and co.

Yeah I get all that, but the reality was that Tommy's later intentions were to eventually create his own predominantly Italian-American crime organization to facilitate his own personal criminal empire. I say predominately, because the majority of Tommy's men (the guys that surround him and protect his home and business interests) clearly appear to be Italian-American. Lance and Rosenberg were merely exceptions to the rule, and were more likely associates, rather than 'made members'. If you read between the lines, that was what caused the rift between Tommy and Lance, because Tommy felt his Mafia 'made man' status afforded him more authority as leader of the criminal outfit over Lance, who in turn felt disrespected by this. Which as we all know led to Lance's betrayal of Tommy. 

 

The bottom line I'm saying here is that the majority of VC was centred around the Mafia and Italian-American organized crime in general (Tommy's own gang), of which the two are interchangeable and intertwined. 

Edited by Official General

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTAgamerWyald

@Official General You forgot to include LCS, which has the most mafia focus out of all GTA's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StevenR

Bring back the Russian mafia from gta iv and Italian mafia from gta iv. V had the professionals which is a fcking disgrace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Equatecurl
On 7/21/2018 at 9:05 AM, Official General said:

Not quite true. 

 

GTA III - The nearly 3 quarters of the game's main story revolved around the protagonist Claude working for the Sicilian Mafia under the Leone Crime Family. Claude even nearly became an official member of the Liberty City Mafia (made man) before he was betrayed his employers. 

 

GTA Vice City - Well that explains itself. The protagonist, Tommy is a Mafioso in the Italian-American Mafia under the Forelli Crime Family, and he goes to Vice City to eventually set up his own Mafia empire. The whole game and it's main story is awash with Mafia focus. 

 

GTA IV. The first quarter of the game's main story is Mob-focused, although not in the traditional Italian-American or Irish-American sense, but in regards to the newer Russian Mob. The second half of the game's main story wholly

revolved around the Mob - Italian-American Mafia, Irish Mob, and Albanian organized crime. 

 

As for GTA San Andreas, yeah the Mob was 'just there', and put as side add-on to the main theme. In GTA V, they almost didn’t exist  

But none of those scenarios has you trying to get in with the mob, you’re either killing them, end up killing them, or working for them because you have to or you have some other motive. They’re not necessarily focused on them either. 

 

GTA3- errand boy, betrayed and killing them, also claude isnt italian so who knows if he would actually be made

 

VC- tommy killing a bunch of people and has hundreds of goons pop out of nowhere, doesnt really show him managing things or dealing with men

 

IV- a step up but obviously not there, niko wont be made and wouldn’t want to, errand boy, he even says this himself

 Working for vlad because he has to, ends up killing him. 

 

The mob is there sure but it never focuses on the inner workings

On 12/12/2018 at 11:51 PM, StevenR said:

Bring back the Russian mafia from gta iv and Italian mafia from gta iv. V had the professionals which is a fcking disgrace.

I wish V went more into the gangs and things around LS. What even are the professionals? Just a bunch of bank robbers? It’s so shallow. 

Edited by Equatecurl
Why

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Official General
4 hours ago, Equatecurl said:

But none of those scenarios has you trying to get in with the mob, you’re either killing them, end up killing them, or working for them because you have to or you have some other motive. They’re not necessarily focused on them either. 

 

GTA3- errand boy, betrayed and killing them, also claude isnt italian so who knows if he would actually be made

 

VC- tommy killing a bunch of people and has hundreds of goons pop out of nowhere, doesnt really show him managing things or dealing with men

 

IV- a step up but obviously not there, niko wont be made and wouldn’t want to, errand boy, he even says this himself

 Working for vlad because he has to, ends up killing him. 

 

The mob is there sure but it never focuses on the inner workings

I wish V went more into the gangs and things around LS. What even are the professionals? Just a bunch of bank robbers? It’s so shallow. 

Bro the general consensus on this site is that we have seen enough of the Mafia and Mob in the GTA series. It don't matter in which method or manner, the bottom line is that they have taken up majority of the themes of most of the main titles. Do I want to see them still included in future GTA titles ? Of course yes, as long as it fits in with the theme and location. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barnie Spacullie

There was an Armenian Mob in GTA V, they were pretty cliche although Armenian. But considering the monopoly the Kardashians have had over Hollywood i wouldn't be suprised if that was just a jab at satire.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty
On 12/18/2018 at 2:35 AM, Official General said:

Bro the general consensus on this site is that we have seen enough of the Mafia and Mob in the GTA series. It don't matter in which method or manner, the bottom line is that they have taken up majority of the themes of most of the main titles. Do I want to see them still included in future GTA titles ? Of course yes, as long as it fits in with the theme and location. 

That's just the thing though. They've only ever been included where it's fitted the theme and location. It's not like R* just shamelessly add them for the hell of it. The fact is throughout the course of organised crime history the mafia has always played a significant part be it Costra Nostra, Russian, Irish etc. Since R* strive for as much authenticity as possible it's pretty hard to ignore. Especially the GTA games set in the past.

 

We've only seen them to the extent that's made sense. Besides LCS which is arguablly the most mob/mafia focused GTA in every other GTA they've featured in they've only been groups we've come across either to work with and/or become enemies of. No GTA has shown how the inner structure works in great detail. Since Mafia III was a f*ck up I would love to see a GTA game show the complexties, traditions, rituals etc in rising up through the ranks through a proper mafia family.

 

If not GTA R* should create a new I.P. The last game that made me feel like that was Mafia II and the last game that made me feel like I was in power was The Godfather. Would love to see R*'s take on it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Official General
29 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

That's just the thing though. They've only ever been included where it's fitted the theme and location. It's not like R* just shamelessly add them for the hell of it. The fact is throughout the course of organised crime history the mafia has always played a significant part be it Costra Nostra, Russian, Irish etc. Since R* strive for as much authenticity as possible it's pretty hard to ignore. Especially the GTA games set in the past.

 

We've only seen them to the extent that's made sense. Besides LCS which is arguablly the most mob/mafia focused GTA in every other GTA they've featured in they've only been groups we've come across either to work with and/or become enemies of. No GTA has shown how the inner structure works in great detail. Since Mafia III was a f*ck up I would love to see a GTA game show the complexties, traditions, rituals etc in rising up through the ranks through a proper mafia family

 

Yeah I know that Rockstar did not throw in the Mafia in GTA games for the sake of it, I am just reiterating the fact. Come on you're talking to a veteran GTA gamer, you should not even have to tell me this. 

 

Bro, like I said already, if it fits in with the theme and location then I'm all for it. I'm very much interested in anything Mafia-related, so I'd love the idea.

 

However if the next GTA is set in modern day, then the ideas you have just stated won't really make much sense to fit in with reality. The Mafia in America is simply not the organization it used to be, and in some parts of America it is either nearly defunct or so low-key that it hardly appears to be of any significance in organized crime. As much as I love Mafia stuff, I'm getting with reality, and if it don't fit, then I'd rather not see too much of it emphasised. I don't mind a bit of over-exaggeration for fictional purposes, but within reason. 

Edited by Official General

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty
2 minutes ago, Official General said:

Yeah I know that Rockstar did not throw in the Mafia in GTA games for the sake of it, I am just reiterating the fact. Come on you're talking to a veteran GTA gamer, you should not even have to tell me this. 

 

Bro, like I said already, if it fits in with the theme and location then I'm all for it. I'm very much interested in anything Mafia-related, so I'd love the idea.

 

However if the next GTA is set in modern day, then the ideas you have just stated won't really make much sense to fit in with reality. The Mafia in America is simply not the organization it used to be, and in some parts of America it is either nearly defunct or so low-key that it hard appears to be of any significance in organized crime. As much as I love Mafia stuff, I'm getting with reality, and if it don't fit, then I'd rather not see too much of it emphasised. I don't mind a bit of over-exaggeration for fictional purposes, but within reason. 

Didn't mean to insult your intelligence or anything dude. Just giving my 2 cents. I think we know eachother well enough.😉

 

I agree if it's modern day again then it wouldn't make any sense, but there's no guarantee of that. After GTA V I miss them honestly. Even in GTA IV they're shells of their former selves so it would be nice to see a GTA again with the mafia at the peak of their power and playing a more active and closer role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Official General
6 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

Didn't mean to insult your intelligence or anything dude. Just giving my 2 cents. I think we know eachother well enough.😉

 

I agree if it's modern day again then it wouldn't make any sense, but there's no guarantee of that. After GTA V I miss them honestly. Even in GTA IV they're shells of their former selves so it would be nice to see a GTA again with the mafia at the peak of their power and playing a more active and closer role.

Cool bro, was thinking it can't be lol

 

Then you want a modern day Vice City. The American Mafia is still very active in South Florida, once again not as prominent or powerful as they used to be, but they definitely still there. 

 

Tell me I'm wrong but I don't think you would have missed the Mafia that much after V, had actually stuck to the more traditional GTA themes of organized crime. If we had seen major emphasis on the Mexican drug cartels along with the other usual stuff of gangs and organized crime told in the main story (with longer length) then I think you'd have been more satisfied. 

Edited by Official General

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty
10 hours ago, Official General said:

Tell me I'm wrong but I don't think you would have missed the Mafia that much after V, had actually stuck to the more traditional GTA themes of organized crime. If we had seen major emphasis on the Mexican drug cartels along with the other usual stuff of gangs and organized crime told in the main story (with longer length) then I think you'd have been more satisfied. 

True. A lot of GTA V's problem to me was its lack of focus of relevant criminal organisations. I mean I didn't really have an issue with the mafia not being included as it didn't serve a point to the story, but without much emphasis on say the Mexican drug cartels to counteract (like you say) it's always been a blunder if you ask me.

 

Maybe it isn't so much the mafia on its own I miss, but organised crime in general. I just hope the government/military crap takes more of a back seat in GTA VI regardless of the theme and location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Typhus

It's been stated in this threat that the Mafia is all but gone, but I have read some articles which suggest that they are still surviving, thanks to the focus the authorities now place on terrorism. So it's not like they're dead, but severely weakened. And obviously they can't compete nowadays with the big drug cartels from say Mexico or Colombia, but would probably still fall back on older business models they employed before the drugs trade ripped them apart - so gambling, prostitution and that sort of thing. And it's not as if they're powerless, is it? Didn't they recently murder Whitey Bulger in prison?

So yeah, they're still a thing, and you could easily justify their presence in the next game.

 

But as for a focus on them? I wouldn't be so sure. They seem pretty set now on setting things in the modern age, so I'd be more inclined to expect a heavier focus on the drugs trade and the cartels, which hold the same kind of power the Mafia did in their heyday. If it is going to be set in Vice City, as a lot of people think, this may be even more likely, given the large amounts of cocaine the various drug lords imported into places like Miami. So it would of course be a better fit than the whole Mafia angle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

More reasons for GTA to go back in time. I said it before, GTA can no longer move along with current time. If we want to see varied criminal activities and themes instead of lame hacking we need to go back. I'm not a big fan of mafia themes. I never want them to be a main focus but I want them to always be a "part" of the game. Casinos in LV are one of my wishes for the next game and where casinos exist mafias exist too. A great GTA should cover most of the criminal activities and themes. Mafias, Cartels, Street gangs, street races, drugs,prostitution, gambling, weapons trading, law enforcement corruption, political corruption,.... That's one of the reasons I love SA so much. It covers many different areas of crime. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jabalous

Assuming that Rockstar would stick to a modern-day setting, what are most feared gangs/factions in today's USA? I think they're the Mexican drug cartels operating in the southern borders. The scale of their operations and the gruesome nature of the violence they commit can fit a GTA game very well, especially if the writers aimed at a more serious tone. Think of a San Andreas setting and some parts of Northern Mexico primarily based on Tijuana and its surroundings. (Finally GTA outside US again?)

 

 

Edited by Jabalous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Compute

They could potentially bring it back, but I don't see them making it the main focus of a game again.

 

Could be wrong, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chunky Chopsticks

The mob/mafia isn't very relevant anymore. If they are going to do something like that again it would have to make it about the cartels. Or simply set the game a few decades back when the mob/mafia was still in power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Fat Paulie

I would love to see a proper Mafia-themed GTA game again, we really hadn't had that since Liberty City Stories. IV came close, with its focus on the Russians in the first act, the remnants of the Irish Mob and street gangs in the middle, and the Italian Mafia in the final act.

 

Aside from Toni Cipriani, we haven't had a GTA protagonist who was an actual Mafioso AND was loyal to the Mafia. Tommy was originally a Forelli but went rogue and started his own thing.

 

Also, while the Pegorino Family and Ancelotti Family are in shambles in IV, the Gambetti Family is still going steady, although clearly not the powerhouse they were back in the day, much like the real Gambino Family, which is still very active in the 21st Century, but more focused on white-collar crimes and digital fraud rather than traditional street rackets (those are now largely the purview of Russian and Hispanic organizations) 

 

I would like a Mafia-themed GTA, either as a period piece or a modern work focused on the Mexican cartels, maybe even East Asian groups like the Triads or Yakuza.

 

I know we had Chinatown Wars, but I mean a real full game, not a handheld spin-off that was smaller than even LCS. While Claude worked for the Yakuza in the second half of III, he wasn't a member of it, he was a low-level associate at best.

Edited by Big Fat Paulie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Equatecurl
On 12/23/2018 at 6:44 AM, TheSantader25 said:

More reasons for GTA to go back in time. I said it before, GTA can no longer move along with current time. If we want to see varied criminal activities and themes instead of lame hacking we need to go back. I'm not a big fan of mafia themes. I never want them to be a main focus but I want them to always be a "part" of the game. Casinos in LV are one of my wishes for the next game and where casinos exist mafias exist too. A great GTA should cover most of the criminal activities and themes. Mafias, Cartels, Street gangs, street races, drugs,prostitution, gambling, weapons trading, law enforcement corruption, political corruption,.... That's one of the reasons I love SA so much. It covers many different areas of crime. 

YES and we need more of the HD era, returning chacters, all connecting. Jon Gravelli 70s venturas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Fat Paulie

I'd love to see a Mafia-focused GTA game set in the 70's, either in Liberty City or Las Venturas. Preferably with a younger Jimmy Pegorino or maybe even Jon Gravelli as the main protagonist.

Edited by Big Fat Paulie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello
8 hours ago, Big Fat Paulie said:

I'd love to see a Mafia-focused GTA game set in the 70's, either in Liberty City or Las Venturas. Preferably with a younger Jimmy Pegorino or maybe even Jon Gravelli as the main protagonist.

I can't see Jimmy Pegorino working in the 70s since he was born in 1957 and he'd be like what 18-22 I wouldn't mind him as a supporting character or NPC but not as the protagonist if it's in the 70s maybe in the 80s when he's really rising to power. I think someone working under Gravelli could work if set in the 70s.

Edited by Zello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello

Compared to other criminal groups, The Italian-American mafia just has a lot more criminal capital and criminal real estate that would open up a lot of side activities with the rackets they control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

Mob themes are very engaging to me, whether they were in the protagonist's side or the antagonist's. But if we get a mob theme, I'd rather play as the don himself rather than being his lapdog.

 

Can this work? Well, that's not impossible. It can revolve around a mob family that got a lot of issues and dangerous enemies. Of course, I'm not saying that it's gotta be a wannabe don like Pegorino (who's very weak compared to any other crime family's don we've got to see since GTA III) to get it working. Something like Salvatore in LCS. Very powerful, but he has been through so many troubles, which made his personal involvement a necessary in several times.

 

R* can expand on this if they wanted.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

Mob themes are very engaging to me, whether they were in the protagonist's side or the antagonist's. But if we get a mob theme, I'd rather play as the don himself rather than being his lapdog.

 

Can this work? Well, that's not impossible. It can revolve around a mob family that got a lot of issues and dangerous enemies. Of course, I'm not saying that it's gotta be a wannabe don like Pegorino (who's very weak compared to any other crime family's don we've got to see since GTA III) to get it working. Something like Salvatore in LCS. Very powerful, but he has been through so many troubles, which made his personal involvement a necessary in several times.

 

R* can expand on this if they wanted.

Not a Don. Its unrealistic. Underboss maybe but that's pushing it.

 

Capo should be the highest rank IMO. You'd have Made Men that report to you and you give them jobs.

Edited by Zello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Zello said:

Not a Don. Its unrealistic. Underboss maybe but that's pushing it.

 

Capo should be the highest rank IMO. You'd have Made Men that report to you and you give them jobs.

That'll work too. I just don't want the protagonist to be the "Yes, boss" type of protagonist (like Toni and Luis).

 

Maybe an underboss who's from the same family of the don (a brother/cousin, or even a nephew). They feel like sh*t's closing in, so the underboss needs to move on himself. That would be great if the boss gets killed or arrested by anyhow, so the underboss takes over by the end of the game.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

Maybe an underboss who's from the same family of the don (a brother/cousin, or even a nephew). They feel like sh*t's closing in, so the underboss needs to move on himself. That would be great if the boss gets killed or arrested by anyhow, so the underboss takes over by the end of the game.

I think just being Acting boss for a while in the story would be fine. The real boss gets arrested/killed/sick. Protagonist steps in as boss for a while until the boss gets back or they get a replacement.

Edited by Zello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.