2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

pyramid head

Detroit Become Human Quantic Dream's next game for PS4

pyramid head

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-17594-Quantic-Dream-Unveils--Detroit--Become-Human--For-PS4.html

Detroit: Being Human Is A Different Experience To Beyond & Heavy Rain, Says David Cage

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-17605-Detroit--Being-Human-Is-A-Different-Experience-To-Beyond---Heavy-Rain--Says-David-Cage.html

Detroit Become Human is the next game from Quantic Dream not much is known about the game yet other than that it continues from the Kara demo from a few years back

I wouldn't be too surprised if we did see a sex scene in the game, it wouldn't be a Quantic Dream game without a sex scene and Kara did say in the demo that she was entirely at your disposal as a sexual partner.

We probably won't see whatever game they make from that other demo with the wizard until 2020 maybe 2021

Does anyone remember that Summoner 2 interview from Red Faction 2, it's similar to the wizard demo in that it's as funny as the wizard demo

I'm looking forward to this, i have yet to be disappointed by a Quantic Dream game.

Edited by pyramid head

Darth Yokel

I wish David Cage would just go away. The guy doesn't have an original thought in his head. He's an awful writer, his stories are full of dumb plot holes and he's incredibly pretentious.

ClaudeSpeed1911

That Kara demo was really cool, hopefully its as good.

Freakorama

As long as there's no Ellen Page.

Ermac

i am a huge fan of dahvid caytch's work. his interactive movies games are outstanding and i am looking forward to watching playing this one, looks to be chock full of

Sunrise Driver

Finally smth worthy on PS4 (aside from Uncharted 4).

Would prefer modern setting like Heavy Rain though.

Cosmic Gypsy

I'm skeptical at best, i thought Heavy Rain was terrible. Next to no gameplay, all i remember doing is walking around, reading dialogue and pressing whatever button i had to press whenever it popped up, that isn't gameplay.

Not to mention the story was laughable in places, right at the beginning where that kid walks out of the shopping mall and runs into the road/gets run over, that is unbelievably unrealistic. For one the kid wouldn't be that stupid, what possessed him to walk like a zombie away from his parents, out of the mall and into a busy road?

Secondly, as the parent you'd be much more forceful and willing to get to your kid who is just calmly walking away, i would have pushed through them crowds and walked at a pace faster than the average amputee.

So many things about Heavy Rain left me annoyed, frustrated and unconvinced. If they take the same route i have a horrible feeling this game will end up being the same.

Tech-Noir

I loved Heavy Rain as I wasn't looking for gameplay, I was looking for a cinematic experience as it was intended to be. Just like Telltale games, I enjoyed influencing the story so I will be looking forward to this game as well. Another reason for me to get a PS4 along with Street Fighter V.

esmittystud101

The game looks good. Might give it a go once more info comes in. I just wish there two to three year in advance trailers, when the game actually comes out, they look like that. I have a feeling that it won't. Just like Watch Dogs, just like The Witcher 3, ect.

pyramid head

No new info on the game yet hopefully that will change soon i'm looking forward to this game and can't wait to play it.

The 1st,2nd and 4th videos are new to me i'll watch them later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLtV76iCt5M

Exploring the Secrets of the Detroit: Become Human Trailer

Detroit: Become Human Actress Talks playing Kara

DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN | Main Theme

Edited by pyramid head

IDredMan

Oh great, another f*cking David Cage game.

It's the same every f*cking time. People get hyped, the game comes out, gets hate for a week then it's never heard from again.

This is like Robocop for SJWs.

Mr_Rager

I f*cking loved Heavy Rain so much but beyond two souls was trash. Hoping for the best.

BUT THE BENZ

I f*cking loved Heavy Rain so much but beyond two souls was trash. Hoping for the best.

I loved Heavy Rain too. Never played BTS, and tbh. that Kara stuff doesn't look intriguing neither.

was absolutely looking forward to Heavy Rain remastered...but sites report that it is bugged and has flaws the PS3 version didn't even have. also, it only comes with BTS....so, DOUBLE F*CK!

I could really punch someone at quantic dream in the face for that....who cares about that french team of fail though....opportunity, missed!

Vik

You're complaining that you are getting a free game WITH the game you purchased? What type of f*cked up logic is that? :p

OT: Liked Heavy Rain, but B:TS was okay at best. I don't know who made B:TS so boring but hopefully they are not a part of this project.

dudclub55

I've had B:TS for almost 6 months and I'm barely halfway there.

It's just.. sooooooo boring. Too much freaking forced slow walking.

BUT THE BENZ

You're complaining that you are getting a free game WITH the game you purchased? What type of f*cked up logic is that? :p

NO that's not what I'm complaining about. It's the remastered version of Heavy Rain I have a huge rpoblem with, because: gamebreaking BUGS and WORSE video sequence quality than the ps3 version. I don't buy a broken game.

they updated lots of things and overall it looks better than before (obviously though) but it also looks WORSE, and has gamebreaking BUGS....simply not acceptable and worth paying 50 € for!

now BTS....I couldn't care less about this game tbh....I don't like ellen page so that's a huge turn-off from the get-go on my end.

Not A Nice Person

Can we stop with these video game sex scenes to be honest, they're cheap and awkward.

Fireman

Can we stop with these video game sex scenes to be honest, they're cheap and awkward.

Agreed, got to make them into mini-games. R* had the right idea.

Drill Sergeant

i can't wait for this

Fireman

Has anyone played the demo level?

I thought it was pretty cool, maybe a bit too much Heavy Rain inspiration, but still. Lots of "choices" and quite a few endings. The "choices" are that you forget/don't examine something, which is a bit of a shame as the only way to get another ending is to mess up on purpose.

Typhus

I thought it was pretty cool, maybe a bit too much Heavy Rain inspiration, but still. Lots of "choices" and quite a few endings. The "choices" are that you forget/don't examine something, which is a bit of a shame as the only way to get another ending is to mess up on purpose.

I did play it, and whilst I enjoyed it, the controls felt incredibly clunky. It will be interesting to see if they can make it feel like more than a game, rather than just slowly walking from cutscene to cutscene. The story is really intriguing, though. Which makes me wish they had used a different genre to explore it, which would be a bit more fun to play.

I mentioned it in the PS4 topic I think, I could easily reach my desired outcome. Not all of it,

the guy holding the girl got shot but I saved the girl easily. And the guy getting shot wasn't a big surprise either.

It was a little predictable.

The graphics are great and it looks like an interesting game. I just hope for more unexpected outcomes. It's not on my purchase list for now as I want to buy Yakuza 6 sometime soon but it's not a game I want to miss later on.

Laker23

I did play it, and whilst I enjoyed it, the controls felt incredibly clunky. It will be interesting to see if they can make it feel like more than a game, rather than just slowly walking from cutscene to cutscene. The story is really intriguing, though. Which makes me wish they had used a different genre to explore it, which would be a bit more fun to play.

Shame to hear about the controls, but not too surprising. BTS controls were horrible, felt like walking on rails the whole game.

I enjoyed Heavy Rain a lot, BTS not so much. I'll probably pick this up way down the line. Doubt it will be a game that holds a high price for a long time.

Tigereyesxx

Praying on bended knees that they have got rid of Quick Time Events, ruined the last 2 games of Quantic for me....

Furry_Monkey
On 5/13/2018 at 8:50 PM, Tigereyesxx said:

Praying on bended knees that they have got rid of Quick Time Events, ruined the last 2 games of Quantic for me....

Prayers not answered.  Any action scenes (fights, chases etc.) use them.  They don't bother me, I actually quite like them as it adds to the tension, but if you're dead against them then maybe wait till the game is dirt cheap.

I'm personally really hooked.  The first few scene-setter type chapters did get me bored and I did pause it and end up doing other stuff for a couple of hours, but I got into it a lot more when I carried on and I've been really, really enjoying it.  All the usual stuff I like from Quantic Dream games is there, like the story, acting, stunning graphics that literally look real in places.

When you finish a chapter it shows you a tree of what happened and you can see your choices and where it could have branched off into other story lines.  This is a nice touch as it shows where you missed things, but doesn't tell you what you missed, so you can purposely play a different route next time around and see how it changes things.  I'm obviously not going to spoil anything, but there was something I did in one chapter that has fundamentally changed the end of another chapter, and I wouldn't have realised had the decision tree not pointed it out.  It's very nicely done.

Anyway, I'm clearly a fan and will be straight back on it after I've done my chores for the day.

I decided to wait until a massive sale. Beyond is in my backlog and I just can't enjoy it somehow. Normally, I'm all in for those interactive movie games, big Telltale fan here, but since I don't like Beyond and don't want to pay full price for this, I'll wait.

I liked the Detroit demo, the android concept is right up my alley and I will buy it someday. I just don't feel an urge to buy it. 

Furry_Monkey

Well I just finished it and am vastly unhappy with the way it turned out, but it was all my fault.  I can see myself playing through it several times in succession, unless certain parts become too tedious, in which case I'll just replay the chapters I'm interested in and then try and make the whole story go the way I want.

I really did wreck everything.  It was both sad and beautiful.

Vitalize

Finished it. Hands down one of the best story games i’ve played in a good while. It’s definitely going to need another play through. 8.5/10, the 8.5 is because of the bad controls and the “quick events” which aren’t very quick

Furry_Monkey
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Vitalize said:

Finished it. Hands down one of the best story games i’ve played in a good while. It’s definitely going to need another play through. 8.5/10, the 8.5 is because of the bad controls and the “quick events” which aren’t very quick

I agree about the bad controls, sadly.  I lost count of how many times I went to do an action and ended up simply looking up at the ceiling instead!  I'd love to know how the story went for you, but don't actually want to know since I expect we had very different experiences, and I'd rather discover new story lines by playing it again.

I'm glad I've got a bit of time off work.  I'm gonna need it :D

Edited by Furry_Monkey

Algonquin Assassin

Graphically I think this game is the best looking and most realistic PS4 game I've ever played just out doing Uncharted 4. It just looks mind blowing.

With regards to quick time events I don't mind them honestly. Anyway I'm only a few chapters in, but I can already sense some tear jerking moments.