Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,362 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sandi1987

PS2 vs. PC Version

Fooking Rekt

PC If the car reflections, Parachute animation and street reflections when raining were added. And colors of some icons correctly ported

George Costanza

(street reflection actually works on AGP GPUs, or at least ppl say it)

SAVILLAIN

Ps2 version of The Greatest Game Of All Time

Plus I'm not a nerd

Grumpy Cat

I have both versions, and I'm gonna say that the PS2 is better. I don't think it's just nostalgia, but also due to the fact that the PS2 version has extra cool things like the orange sky atmosphere before it gets dark. The game feels more original to me. The PC version is still good, and it's nice to add mods like SAMP, which is really fun, or fix things that got removed.

well rename timecycp to timecyc to return some sky colors

PC If the car reflections, Parachute animation and street reflections when raining were added. And colors of some icons correctly ported

add silent patch

Inadequate

"On PS2 there are more waypoints for peds"
Waypoint? What does it mean? Does it mean that if a ped meets an obstacle, they have an easier time navigating around it on PS2?

Means more ped paths on PS2 than PC (they're broken on the sh*tty pc port) = more peds spawns on more locations on PS2 than PC.

I have both versions, and I'm gonna say that the PS2 is better. I don't think it's just nostalgia, but also due to the fact that the PS2 version has extra cool things like the orange sky atmosphere before it gets dark. The game feels more original to me. The PC version is still good, and it's nice to add mods like SAMP, which is really fun, or fix things that got removed.

well rename timecycp to timecyc to return some sky colors

add silent patch

*SilentPatch already included on the index.

FTFY.

lil weasel

<< REMINDER >>

The topic is about

PS2 vs. PC Version.

NOT A DISCUSSION about which Mod is available,

There is a Modding Forum for Modification Discussions.

There are hundreds of Mods available all of which make the PC game different.

ROCKSTAR MANIC

Id say for PC is the same like the xbox. Los Santos is way more detailed. palm trees, garbage, vegetation, etc. The weather is more

complex.

I owned it for ps2 first. it was amazing, just the pc and xbox versions are more detailed like the current gen gta V.

Bobsanto

PS2 is way better.

Edited by Bobsanto

Bobsanto

Grumpy Cat

i prefer pc version because it has detailed los santos, dynamic shadow, better draw distance, shooting with mouse is better, clear view and no lag.

ps2 is lame because short draw distance, annoying orange atmosphere and blurry view.

but i respect ps2 for 2 players mode, car and road reflection, more grass and trucks has two rear wheels.

BenMitchell90

I vastly prefer the PC version due to the custom soundtracks, the much better draw distances, and of course, mods. So much so that I doubt I'll ever play it on console again (I've played the Xbox and PS2 versions too).

Though I do have to say that I really like the atmosphere that the PS2 version has. Maybe it's a little unrealistic (kinda like that washed out hue that GTA IV takes at times and The Lost and Damned has pretty much all the time), but I love those extra-colorful skies, especially that smoggy orange feel of Los Santos and that chilly blue feel of San Fierro.

Claude Faster

Ps2 version of The Greatest Game Of All Time

Plus I'm not a nerd

No, you are a dirty console peasant (I'm just kidding)

PC:

Better Graphics

Mods

Better Controls

Less Lag/No Lag

PS2:

Better Atmosphere (I talking about the skies)

Grumpy Cat

pc and xbox are better than ps2 because of the dynamic shadows, custom soundtrack, better draw distance and replay

iFarbod

If we're talking about the Vanilla game, PC Version all the way.

PS2 has awful weather effects, so bad they really affect the games graphics, that blue and orange sky on PS2 makes me wanna puke.

Also free aim on PS2 is crap, auto aim isn't that good either.

PC version also has a huge modding community so lol.

This. I Hate Orange-ish things in the PS2 Version.

OG Viking

So, some graphic detail is better on PS2. With the superior PC hardware there can't be an excuse for this. PC graphics are better only almost in all aspects. It should be better everywhere.

Grumpy Cat

i quit playing san andreas on ps2 because of unused desert sheriff, sfpd interior,clothes in player.img and other unused stuffs in disc. in pc you can return all stuffs by modding it

Locrito1995

PC version. Mouse and keyboard for one are far superior to nooby "auto-aim". By mods you can not only enhance the game itself with countless good (and some awful) mods, but also improve its framerate, resolution and whatnot. Plus, after consoles die, PC will still rule the world!

PC unmodded (25 FPS)

M9MhH6l.jpg

PC modded (30 FPS)

oQcmcwi.jpg

PS2MasterRace.

cKJ7A48.gif

trollface.jpg

Where the hell do you download that? :O

Mr.ClaudeFan

I would cast my vote for the PlayStation 2 version. Although I own both versions, the PS2 version seems to have had more care put into it. I know on PC that most of the bugs and glitches can be fixed with mods, but I feel like they should have been fixed in the first place. It seems that Rockstar got a bit lazy with the PC version. Plus, PS2 is how I first experienced the game and it holds a lot of nostalgic value for me. Call me a "dirty console peasant" all you want, but I'm sticking by my opinion until the day I die.

Edited by Mr.ClaudeFan

MarjinaL -TR

PS2 is have cheat "vehicle drive on water". PC is not have.

PS2 is have "two player freeroam mode"

PC is not have. (ported script not stable)

PS2 is have dark ambient.(not good, i hate) PC is light ambient. (perfect, i like)

PS2 have two gta3.img. (why part?..) PC is one part gta3.img (IMG file limit to 4gb, PS2 image's solution for the PC limit?..)

...and more (discussion unnecessary. Rockstar is cut support the game.)

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

I'd go with the PS2 version for;

1. Nostalgia.
  2. The gorgeous classic atmosphere. (beside the fact I find it so beautiful, it's actually cool how each city, along with countryside and desert, had its own weather colors which fit the chapter's atmosphere. Differences of atmospheres between cities weren't really noticeable in the PC version.)
  3. More parked vehicles all over San Andreas.
  4. Less buggy.
  5. More complete map objects.
  6. Less graphical issues.
  7. Two-player mode.
  8. Better grass and plants.
  9. Fine map blips. (they're corrupted in the PC version)

I don't disagree that PC version comes up with a couple of improvements (which, beside modding, wouldn't be that much), but it's kinda buggy in here and there. The most thing I hated about it is the removal of the original weather atmosphere (following LC's and VC's PC versions). It feels empty without it.

PC version is better if we take modding in consideration. Most of PS2's content (if not whole) has already been converted and/or remade as mods to the PC version. That's beside the popular fixes and improvements that're available, such as SilentPatch, SkyGFX, and more. But PS2 version is better if we make a fair comparison with a default PC version, without mods.

Edited by Kane49

Am Shaegar

PC, bro. PC all the way.

The fact it can be modded freely w/o any DRM issues, based on the first edition of the game v1.0. The subsequent versions removed modding but since people are also mentioning the original PS2 copies then why not compare it with the original PC version 1.0 as well?

Its very easy to get the original PS2 feel on PC in just under 5 minutes of installing the required and essential mods/patches, so there's no excuse to overlook the PC version's potential over the original PS2 release.

CoolMods

For gameplay i'l definetly choose the PS2 version.

It has correct graphics unlike those who're (bugged?) in the PC version, 2 player mode, Correct map blips, more parked vehicles, drive on water cheat, missing objects in Las Venturas. Only thing i don't like at PS2 is that grove street is too empty and it dosen't feel that good.

For anything else i've preffer the PC version, it is moddable and easier to play.

Lioshenka

I am tempted to say PS2. It has much better orange tint to the image unrivaled on the PC, even with the mods. It also has that proper gaming experience when you're playing it on a fat 15" television.

I myself could never afford a PS2, so am a PC gamer, but would prefer PS2 if we're talking about pure enjoyment. The controls are a bit odd though, the keyboard is much more ergonomic.

ChengizVlad09
Posted (edited)

Dispite lower resolution, 'fake' - static shadows, unbelievably poor image quality, lower draw distance and general console limitations, Playstation 2/4 version of the game still looks the best!

Probably, because of some original effects that had been left out from every other platform, like sun glare and those awesome reflections. Strolling through timecyc via editor, you can clearly see many of the weather patterns have world colorations, for some reason left out in the PC version ( like any other ver. except PS2/4 ver.) which makes PC ver. 'sterile' compared to rich and color saturated PS2 ver. 

It is amazing how Rockstar managed to 'hide' low res textures with these effects and made everything look better and cinematic. It really replicates LA atmosphere and ultimatelly proves not everything is in pure horsepower. 

Take a glance at mobile ver. That $hit looks utterly terrible. Reflections are pronounced way to much, that it simply seems they don't even belong to the game. That can be specifically seen on cars, it's like they supposed to be mirrors. Over the top exaggeration. I mean you can see these reflections on the wrong objects, making for example, ped models appear like plastic figurines, totally out of place, visually.

As a guy immune to fanboyism, I'd say PS2 version is the visual sweetspot, but as I always liked the freedom of ms & kb and thanks to our dedicated and professional community, we can actually have full PS2 version on PC. Hell, even more. Awesome.

Edited by ChengizVlad09