2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Original hacking: how are people still so horrible at it?

CarnageRacing00

CarnageRacing00

I'm talking about the basic hacking where you have to find the matching number sequence and the one where you have to catch each letter of a word as it goes by.

I've been grinding missions and every time I've ended up in Los Santos Connection, I seem to be the only player in the job that can do it. Everyone else spends 5 minutes dicking with it then gives up. Had one other player do it, and quickly, nobody else has been able to. And they weren't all noobs- some were levels 140 and higher.

What's so hard about it??

poland stronk

The first minigame is rather hard because numbers flip too quickly. I got hang of it by looking at first 2 digits and then for next 2. But still it is rather hard. I remember same minigame in Story Mode but easier.

Not to mention jerky approach towards laptop where your character just stares like a retard before leaning in.

Little tip, just search for the first two numbers ;)

GhostlySentinel

The number sequence is a bit irritating, but never takes my longer than fifteen seconds or so. The next one is easy af.

• Like 1

CarnageRacing00

Matching numbers: just leave your cursor in the bottom section, look for one number in the sequence within 1 or 2 moves of the cursor. Not too hard if you just wait for the numbers to come to you.

I wont lie bro, the "matchin number sequence" is hard af. The other ones are easy tho.

Seems others find it hard too and if I can also be honest it really is a bit harder than most other things involved in missions. I can't really think of anything else harder than the matching numbers except getting that damn cargobob from the military base on that one mission I forget the name of because I refuse to do it due to said cargobob (and the pursuing army/cops). Like Rexx said, searching the first two numbers makes it really easy. Sometimes, though, I just can't find the numbers so I restart the sequence. I wouldn't say I'm an expert at hacking as I'm quite good with it now but if anyone during the mission was stalling on the laptop I'd know it was during then numbers.

Also, seeing we're dissing randoms during missions: why are randoms running in like goddamn Rambo and getting killed? Why are randoms always in Kurumas and driving towards the enemies? Why are randoms always taking the Savage and blowing the goddamn Titan up? Why are randoms running over players who don't move and use up our life? Why are randoms going straight for the military base instead of getting a helicopter to take out the Titan? We all know the damn plane will fly away and everyone will die and you're just sitting there waiting for the DA to spawn and the whole team is dead.

I don't know if they're new players or really bad at gaming but man are randoms in GTA:O some of the worst stupid useless most blissfully clueless players that I've ever known. I know not everyone is good at games and that's totally fine - we can't play as much as we want and I understand but if you're level 100 or more you kind of have to know most missions by now or at least have the decent f*cking knowledge to eat some damn P&Q's. Goddamn guy running around with a candy store in his pants and he keeps waiting for his health to come up behind cover while the damn hillbillies circle around with shotguns.

Edited by livejoker

I wont lie bro, the "matchin number sequence" is hard af. The other ones are easy tho.

Seems others find it hard too and if I can also be honest it really is a bit harder than most other things involved in missions. I can't really think of anything else harder than the matching numbers except getting that damn cargobob from the military base on that one mission I forget the name of because I refuse to do it due to said cargobob (and the pursuing army/cops). Like Rexx said, searching the first two numbers makes it really easy. Sometimes, though, I just can't find the numbers so I restart the sequence. I wouldn't say I'm an expert at hacking as I'm quite good with it now but if anyone during the mission was stalling on the laptop I'd know it was during then numbers.

Also, seeing we're dissing randoms during missions: why are randoms running in like goddamn Rambo and getting killed? Why are randoms always in Kurumas and driving towards the enemies? Why are randoms always taking the Savage and blowing the goddamn Titan up? Why are randoms running over players who don't move and use up our life? Why are randoms going straight for the military base instead of getting a helicopter to take out the Titan? We all know the damn plane will fly away and everyone will die and you're just sitting there waiting for the DA to spawn and the whole team is dead.

I don't know if they're new players or really bad at gaming but man are randoms in GTA:O some of the worst stupid useless most blissfully clueless players that I've ever known. I know not everyone is good at games and that's totally fine - we can't play as much as we want and I understand but if you're level 100 or more you kind of have to know most missions by now or at least have the decent f*cking knowledge to eat some damn P&Q's. Goddamn guy running around with a candy store in his pants and he keeps waiting for his health to come up behind cover while the damn hillbillies circle around with shotguns.

That mission you're refering to about stealing the Cargobob is Docks to Stock ;) Still have no clue why the removed Docks to Stocks II, which could be played solo unlike the other one.

TeammateHelper

Regarding the Titan flying away, I'm assuming this is Extradition.

Igo in the airbase for a Lazer. Sure, I can call a slower aircraft like any helicopter or the Hydra, but I want to actually get the jet, not slowly cruise behind it.

-snip-

That mission you're refering to about stealing the Cargobob is Docks to Stock ;) Still have no clue why the removed Docks to Stocks II, which could be played solo unlike the other one.

I remember when you could steal the Cargo, land it in the swamp and kill yourself to get rid of the cops (or have a teammate take it). I haven't done that mission in probably a year as it's one of the only missions I refuse to do. So damn annoying!

Regarding the Titan flying away, I'm assuming this is Extradition.

Igo in the airbase for a Lazer. Sure, I can call a slower aircraft like any helicopter or the Hydra, but I want to actually get the jet, not slowly cruise behind it.

Yup, it's Extradition. You used to be able to go to Sandy Shores and steal one of the two jets parked there (enemies would spawn in them if unused by the player) but now they just spawn in when the Titan is "activated". I called my Savage the other day but Pegasus made it despawn and the randoms I was with were already in the base with the Titan flying away. I was in Sandy Shores with my whole team spectacting me just driving in circles as I knew I could never catch the Titan now. You can also go on the north side of the tunnel and use a homing rocket on it. In some cases, though, the Titan gets away and the DA still spawns so I guess R* figured the mission failed way too many times because the Titan would get away.

A lot of people have dyslexia (ironic how hard that is to spell) or just not the kind of brain that's good at spotting numbers or patterns. What seems easy to one person might be far from straightforward to another.

a tip i have for the matching game: check for easy to spot numbers, like doubles, or skinny numers like 11 in the sequence, makes them easier to spot

Foxy Stevenson

If I'm lucky I usual complete it in 15-20 seconds lol. the whole thing.

Pro tip: just look at the first 2 digits of the ip.

Eg: 38.xx.xx.xx

Now look for the 38 alone.

Edited by Foxy Stevenson

I just look at the last half of the numbers. It's easy af.

I get f*cked off waiting for people tp do it I normally just land my buzzard/hydra and do it myself which 97.6% of the time leads to my aircraft getting stolen.

it's sweet how we can reclaim them now for this very instance

edit:not trying to sound like 'the man' I just don't think it's hard matching 4 numbers?

Edited by monkb4skunk

Matching numbers: just leave your cursor in the bottom section, look for one number in the sequence within 1 or 2 moves of the cursor. Not too hard if you just wait for the numbers to come to you.

this works 99% of the time for me. It's those rare times the number just doesn't seem like it's there that I ask myself " am I retarded?", and it seems i'm not alone in wondering that :)

Not everyone is as fast as you OP, you should be proud if that. If it irritates you that much just be the hacker, then you can complain how nobody can cover you for 10 seconds :)

Just a tip for the numbers sequence...the numbers all move to the left. So, if you miss the number look to the left haha.

I still suck at the Fleeca snake game. I will never get the Elite challenge on that one ever :(

Edited by aznknight69

The first one is tricky as the numbers switch so fast and often goes before I see it. I've gotten the hang of it now though I think as the last 2 times I managed it quickly. Next one is easy peasy.

CarnageRacing00

Speaking of idiots who can't even GTA...

1. Four Trailers

Player 1 tips trailer over by running over the fence at the parking lot. I ram it with my Kuruma and put it back on its wheels. Player 2 destroys his trailer near the warehouse, so we start over.

1a. Second try, both trucks get to warehouse, one is delivered. Second one can't make the turn by the gas station, jack knifes in reverse and loses trailer. Can't figure out how to rehitch so he starts ramming it, nearly tipping it over. I run up to the truck and steal it from him, hitch the trailer and start to drive off. He unloads his auto shotty at me. He'd apparently rather fail the mission than be embarrassed by a competent player. Of course friendly fire is off so he couldn't hurt the truck with me in it.

2. Los Santos Connection

Myself and another player each get our Buzzards. We arrive at the deal while our other 4 teammates approach in cars. We hover, the ground team can't seem to kill the last enemy for some reason, so other dude in chopper fires a rocket and destroys the Granger, failing the mission.

2a. Second try, hacker can't figure it out so I land my Buzzard and take over. Finish the hack to find my Buzzard blown up and the team leaving me behind.

3. By Land, Sea, Air (or whatever)

Same Buzzard dude from before get his Buzzard and spams rockets at the roof, destroying the mission essential Buzzards.

4. Extradition

Half the team rushes to the base while I'm racing to pick up my buzzard from McKenzie (thanks a lot, Pegasus). They all get slaughtered, leaving me to chase down the Titan, fend off the Lazers, lose the cops and pick up the package. Successfully solo the mission, everyone waits, then I get kicked out of the next lobby.

5. Chopper Tail

4 players, 1 arrives at dune buggies while the other two seem to be having a demolition derby along the way and I get caught up in it and slowed down. Player 1 triggers the chopper. I finally get out to the area, player 1 is in PALETO BAY, and the chopper is nowhere in sight. I had to rely on my memory to find the meth lab, eventually did find it and did all the heavy work myself, escaping with the granger and one douche keeps trying to spin me out, eventually texting me telling me to let him drive. Of course I ignored him.

Why do I still play with randoms... The game is so much more fun with friends.

• Like 2

Smooth Longsack

I dunno, op. It blows my mind on los sanros connection all the time. I've waited like ten minutes on some f*cker before.

Blasterman4EVER

Little tip, just search for the first two numbers ;)

It usually takes me 5 seconds max.

I only search for the first, then line it up, and immediately press x without looking at the rest. Half the time, it's right. If not, the next one will be.

This is weird to me. I always thought hacking was one of the easiest things in the game. I can usually do the whole process in less than 20 seconds. Strange. The match numbers take me less time than the rolling numbers.

Edited by Blasterman4EVER

this works 99% of the time for me. It's those rare times the number just doesn't seem like it's there that I ask myself " am I retarded?", and it seems i'm not alone in wondering that :)

Not everyone is as fast as you OP, you should be proud if that. If it irritates you that much just be the hacker, then you can complain how nobody can cover you for 10 seconds :)

i just... ya know.. look for it.

how hard is it to watch for numbers scrolling from right to left, from bottom to top? once you know that, its incredibly easy.

DominusTaranis

Protip for the numbers thing:

Pick the first number from the set, and ONLY look for it. 999 times out of 1000 that number will be followed by the rest. It is exceptionally rare that it won't, unless I'm really lucky.

Oh, and sometimes the number just doesn't show up. So if you don't see it after a few seconds, back out and refresh the hack.

My number 2 crew man can blast through those hacks in around 10 seconds. By the time I'm done ordering people to cover or whatever, he's done.

Edited by DominusTaranis

If they have a problem with a simple number sequence minigame, I know for a fact that they will frown upon cracking the safe.

• Like 2

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

I rather do that stuff then hacking the fleeca bank to be fair :p

Edit: like said..if you just can remember the first or last 2 2 digit numbers and search for those this realy is not a hard minigame at all

Edited by goldadderXD