3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

New Epsilon Skyscraper Location?

ImAJuicyMango

ImAJuicyMango

Alright, so I just finished the wild goose chase for the Epsilon Tracts. When I finished, Marnie sent me an e-mail thanking me. In the e-mail, she included the link to the Epsilon Website. I went to the website and began clicking random pages on it, and I found this...

adkkgg.png

It may be hard to see, so this is what it says, "The Epsilon group is proud to announce a new house of worship breaking ground in the middle east, which will include a crystal ladder reaching 2800 feet in the air, symbolizing the ascension to the Ninth Paradigm. Titled Kraff Tower(Top Left), it is expected to be finished in 2015"

In even smaller writing(Yay) it says, "Also, we are pleased to announce the acquisition of a new building in Liberty City(Bottom Picture). New houses of worship are also planned for San Fierro in a historic building, as well as Jakarta, Sao Paulo, Rome, and Alaska."

GTA V takes place in 2013. But, with each update to the game, we see progress with the development of buildings, billboards changing, and even gas prices fluctuating up and down. So, this has got to mean that time is passing some how, right? Well, this new "Kraff Tower" is supposed to be completed by 2015, but we really don't know how far away that is.

We could predict that since GTA V came out in 2013, that the year in the game coincides with the same year as in real life, so since it is 2015 in real life, it is 2015 in-game as well.

If that is the case, the Kraff Tower should be nearly done, but that brings up another question...where is it?

As the website says, they are planning buildings in San Fierro, Liberty City, Jakarta, Sao Paulo, Rome, and Alaska.

We can easily rule out San Fierro. On the Epsilon Website, it says that the House of Worship in San Fierro will be in historic building, and when you look at the scyscraper in the picture, you can tell that the Kraff Tower will not be in a historic building.

But, even though it's not listed, could we see it in Los Santos?

2dhsj79.png

This building has been under development ever since GTA V was initially released. Though we havent seen much development to it in Story Mode due to the fact that one of the Lester Assassinations, "The Construction Assassination", takes place on the top of this building.

If you go into GTA Online, you can tell a difference between the buildings and you'll see that the building on GTA Online is more developed than the one in Story Mode.

So, could this skyscraper be the outlying foundation of the upcoming Kraff Tower, or is it just an office building that is taking forever to be built? Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear your feedback on this.

• Like 4

Interestng, they did say that S.A. would be "Dynamic" and change with the times. Can you provide a story mode image to juxtapose with the online version? I'd like to see differences.

American Viking

I think that the website and everything within is just a bunch of mumbo jumbo for amusement and not necessarily a hint at anything. I also think the unfinished building(s) in LS are just to make the city look "alive".

• Like 1

Interestng, they did say that S.A. would be "Dynamic" and change with the times. Can you provide a story mode image to juxtapose with the online version? I'd like to see differences.

Yes. Because everything C* says can be taken as truth, amirite?

Yes. Because everything C* says can be taken as truth, amirite?

Actually, all the trailers didn't lie. I'm satisfied.

• Like 1

Cutter De Blanc

But, with each update to the game, we see progress with the development of buildings, billboards changing, and even gas prices fluctuating up and down.

No we don't. This doesn't happen. Your whole idea is predicated on this one sentence which is not true.

But how do games like Battlefield manage to create a "fully" destroyable and damagable world?

A completely different game engine for a completely different game.

Occasionally a buiding may appear to change. This is done by hiding the changed building under the map and then, at a given point in the game, that part of the map is 'flipped' and the new building replaces the old one permanently (eg; in the case of the O'Neal Farm which Trevor destroyed) or temporarily (eg; in the case of the bomb damage to the FIB building).

The buildings are actually being deleted and replaced with another model. All GTA's use "IPL"'s (Item Placements), which means they can load/unload any part of the map for whatever reason. For example, North Yankton - it's spawned for the mission and when the mission is over the map gets unloaded (or "deleted"). Same story with the Yacht in SP/Online and the Aircraft Carrier in Online. This is also what separates single player and Online maps (e.g. Benny's, detailed apartment lobbies). Madrazo's Mansion or O'Neill's Ranch are actually a series of models, with a few dynamic parts controlled by animations, cleverly replaced to make them appear like they're being destroyed in real time. They can pretty much change anything at any given time as long as they make the IPL's.

But how do games like Battlefield manage to create a "fully" destroyable and damagable world? Why wouldn't this work in GTA (except for missions not working).

Battlefield is a linear game, GTA is open world. Since Battlefield is mostly a linear game, the maps are loaded/unloaded as you go so you can destroy things if you want. Also there are plenty of things scripted to get destroyed for the sake of story. GTA is open world so not only you'd need ridiculous amount of models/data to have a fully and dynamically destructible envoronment, you'd also need a really powerful computer if you want the game to be playable at all when destroying stuff. Things that are destroyed during the story are handled by IPL's, script, and animations, so it doesn't affect things at all.

• Like 2

The buildings are actually being deleted and replaced with another model. All GTA's use "IPL"'s (Item Placements), which means they can load/unload any part of the map for whatever reason.

Apologies, I was thinking of a different game engine. Blame the medication :rol:

Pretty intresting stuff. As someone said, they can always change the map however they feel like but the chance is low that they will add something new. Most likely fixes or replacements.

they can always change the map

The most notable change was this sculpture on Vespucci Beach:

Chwc5uG.jpg

was changed for this one in the first update

wZDZPRS.jpg

• Like 2

The only unannounced map change I'm aware of is a Confederate flag hanging on a trailer in Stab City was changed to a U.S. flag over the summer. It would be equally easy for them to change billboards or other textures. It's much more difficult to change anything that would affect collision — adding, removing, or moving solid objects — because that could break any missions or jobs that use that area.

Chwc5uG.jpg

wZDZPRS.jpg

why was this changed exactly?

why was this changed exactly?

Copyright reasons. The sculpture actually exists and R* didn't have the real life artist's permission to feature it in the game.

• Like 1

PoeticWhisper

Shame too because the original sculpture was much nicer than the giant piece of rusted metal.

I remember noticing that changed. I was like "Yo, this looks different than I remember." Ended up being right obviously. :p

• Like 1

XMarqstheSpot

The only unannounced map change I'm aware of is a Confederate flag hanging on a trailer in Stab City was changed to a U.S. flag over the summer. It would be equally easy for them to change billboards or other textures. It's much more difficult to change anything that would affect collision — adding, removing, or moving solid objects — because that could break any missions or jobs that use that area.

and im sure any changes would be tested for these problems.

Acetaminophen

Chwc5uG.jpg

wZDZPRS.jpg

Ugliest change ever haha. I know it was copywrited but dang R* could have came up with something a bit better looking IMO. And smaller. Kinda ruins the view.

Edited by Acetaminophen

and im sure any changes would be tested for these problems.

All player-created jobs?

• Like 1