2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Golf appreciation thread

BlackSnow176

It's probably the only good minigame in GTA V, but it's surprisingly awesome. It's probably the best minigame of the whole series (along with pool in SA), as most of them usually suck (specifically yoga, tenis and bowling). Who else enjoys the golf minigame? :catloaf:

official-screenshots-country-clubs-1.jpg

Edited by BlackSnow176

I love it, I wish there was chess boards in the game, in playstation home there were chessboards and that all i did on it lol

Acetaminophen

Yes I actually 100% agree the Golf and even the Tennis game for me are so under rated. I think the perfect balance for a GTA game is 50%, Crime activity 25% (wacky Sh*t like jetpacks ect.) and 25% Life sim (body building dating/hanging out). Just wish GTA 5 had hit that mark.

• Like 3

I even like the darts. Every time I walk past that pool table in the bar, though, I groan in longing for them to bring it back.

As for golf, as you say a surprisingly deep game for a minigame. The only thing is I wish they allowed you to stay in first-person mode when taking the shot.

• Like 1

I enjoy golf a lot. As a former tennis player, the tennis disappointed me for various reasons.

Sometimes golf is very frustrating though. I hit a putt at maximum power and still didn't get halfway to the hole at one point as it was uphill...

• Like 1

I even like the darts

Darts is probably my favorite

Darts is fun, especially when playing it with my Cousin. ;)

Aye, Golf is indeed a fun minigame. Very enjoyable, and the comments when you take all three for a round together are quite amusing. Darts too, and actually I quite like the tennis in V. I'm awful at all of them, though. Given the presence of fast-flowing rivers, I sort of wish that canoeing/kayaking was a possible activity... :pp

I think Golf is bugged. Though I didn't play golf since long time but on the support site there have been complains regarding golf, esp., on last gen. I am unsure whether NG versions differ or not.

I haven't encountered any issues concerning golf on my last gen console, but that's just me.

OT: Golf is not a bad game actually. It is quite a thrill and exhilarating when the ball releases itself into the atmosphere.

Oops. I wanted to post in the Golf shouldn't be mandatory for the 100% completion topic.

Please ignore my last post.

Thanks.

I sort of wish that canoeing/kayaking was a possible activity... :pp

Canoeing down a nice secluded river would be great.

Oops. I wanted to post in the Golf shouldn't be mandatory for the 100% completion topic.

Please ignore my last post.

Thanks.

The irony of two divergent, diametrically opposed topics both staying on the front page :p You guys should be flaming each other's thread. It's a proud GTAF tradition.

• Like 1

Sometimes my favourite thing to do is hit the other golf players.

• Like 2

CarlitoDorito

I like hitting the ball over the fence to hit traffic :p

I like the actual mini game too though. As a mini game it's quite detailed, a few options, big golf course to play on. Peds play golf when you're not there which is nice. I like that there's opponents, different clubs and things, wind effecting the ball. Getting a hole in one is impossible. It's a good mini game I think.

• Like 2

I love V's golf. It's not exactly Tiger Woods standard and doesn't have many holes, but after years of VC and San An teasing us with golf courses that you couldn't use, that were just filling huge amounts of empty space, it's great to finally have a course we can actually play on. I think SA had two courses - Avispa and Yellow Bell? What a waste of space!

My current best score is, I think, 6 under par. Not bad if I do say so myself.

I chose Franklin to buy the golf course as he's the character I use most, and golf is one of the activities I use most. It's good to be able to play for free.

There's a lot of fun to be had in a 3-ball match with M, F and T.

• Like 2
Signatures are dumb anyway.

I love V's golf. It's not exactly Tiger Woods standard and doesn't have many holes, but after years of VC and San An teasing us with golf courses that you couldn't use, that were just filling huge amounts of empty space, it's great to finally have a course we can actually play on. I think SA had two courses - Avispa and Yellow Bell? What a waste of space!

My current best score is, I think, 6 under par. Not bad if I do say so myself.

I chose Franklin to buy the golf course as he's the character I use most, and golf is one of the activities I use most. It's good to be able to play for free.

There's a lot of fun to be had in a 3-ball match with M, F and T.

The Golf Driving Range is usable in Vice City Stories. :)

Yeah, I forgot that, it's been so long since I played VCS! IV's driving range was another step in the right direction, also.

• Like 1

Golf is an amazing part of this game, and the system for it is actually very well done compared to Rory McIlroy's PGA Tour.

Just too bad there is no Jordan Spieth running around the greens :D

• Like 1

I remember seeing the golf course in the V trailers and thinking "god damn it, if this isn't playable..." then we see the guy taking his shot... I nearly punched the entire sky out, I was so pleased to see it was finally playable.

• Like 2

Its cool to get my hands on the golf in a GTA game, not something I was patiently looking forward to play.

V is missing out a lot to really care about Golf.

Edited by Osho

Its cool to get my hands on the golf in a GTA game

This is the thing that impresses me the most.

I'm playing GTA, right, and at any point in the madness, I can stop, go play a nice relaxing game of golf. Inside a GTA game. A fully realised 9 hole golf course. That alone is incredibly impressive and I don't think that's really appreciated. And then of course we have a fully featured tennis game that you can step into at any point. It's really quite something.

Of course, I'd like there to have been a bigger map with an 18 hole course but hey, maybe next time.

Of course, I'd like there to have been a bigger map with an 18 hole course but hey, maybe next time.

I'd like them to have dropped tennis and kept pool, but again, just a preference.

I like golf but would have preferred bowling

Me too, actually!

bowls.jpg

Edited by OurJud

nicktestbranch

bullsh*t. With Michael rich and successful, it's great having the golf course to get away from his cheating wife and sh*tty children. I recently found out that filthy casuals who earn lower than a six-figure salary are on the greens. How to get rid of them? Do I really have to pay the nine-digit bill to make this course mine?

This is the thing that impresses me the most.02 02 I'm playing GTA, right, and at any point in the madness, I can stop, go play a nice relaxing game of golf. Inside a GTA game. I'd rather quit the game, and take a break than play golf in a GTA game when there are already better golf games out there.

This is the thing that impresses me the most.02 02 I'm playing GTA, right, and at any point in the madness, I can stop, go play a nice relaxing game of golf. Inside a GTA game.
I'd rather quit the game, and take a break than play golf in a GTA game when there are already better golf games out there.

In an apreciation thread Osho?Seriously...

I really can't say anything bad about golf because umm...

2a80pz5.jpg

I'm actually disappointed they didn't use golf in the storyline would have been interesting playing a round of Golf with Michael when he's dealing with the FIB or some other people.

I'm more pissed that Yoga is in a GTA game like seriously...

• Like 2