2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

A (somewhat) Solution To The SP vs. Online DLC

JStarr31

Just like the Heist DLC before it, the Lowriders DLC is another online exclusive with the main/unique/exciting features remaining absent from SP...

Well...

How about if R* were to "time exclusive" such DLCs? Like with this Lowriders DLC, what if R* were to add the features like Benny's to SP when the next major online "exclusive" DLC is released? Same with the Heist DLC, R* could've added the Heist vehicles to SP following the release of this Lowriders Update and so on....

What do you guys think?

Edited by JStarr31

But Heist DLC vehicles aren't added to SP with the Lowriders Update.

But for the topic, what many are hoping in the future is, many of these exclusive content might come to SP once they are done with milking of online as a special DLC pr a separate priced additional pack to entice the people in buying a complete edition that may improve the story mode substantially because I did read somewhere that Rockstar feels that the single player needs to be changed considerably by taking the opportunity of the NG consoles but not exactly sure whether they still plan to move in that direction or not.

Its been two years now and even if they don't release anything from here onwards, I am not too hopeful Rockstar would bother any more to care about the SP, as many games are coming soon to fill up the boredom and disappointments GTA V has provided.

• Like 2

But for the topic, what many are hoping in the future is, many of these exclusive content might come to SP once they are done with milking of online as a special DLC pr a separate priced additional pack to entice the people in buying a complete edition that may improve the story mode substantially because I did read somewhere that Rockstar feels that the single player needs to be changed considerably by taking the opportunity of the NG consoles but not exactly sure whether they still plan to move in that direction or not.

Its been two years now and even if they don't release anything from here onwards, I am not too hopeful Rockstar would bother any more to care about the SP, as many games are coming soon to fill up the boredom and disappointments GTA V has provided.

I will not bother with the rest of your post but where did you read that?

Have a link, article?

• Like 3

SmileyBandito

It could definitely work. It'd give Rockstar enough time to milk shark card sales in short term before giving singleplayer goers the bone.

Besides, why does it really matter. Even if the content was in SP from the start, GTAO's playerbase is large enough to sustain heavy profits on its own. Yes people might skip on the content if they can test it in SP, but there's more than enough players who prefer to invest in their Online characters for Rockstar to take advantage of their wallets.

Edited by Vinewood Villain

Son, you're soo ready to tell people they're wrong to stand on something, I swear... I never said that Heist vehicles came with the Lowriders update, I meant as an example R* could've released the vehicles for SP when we downloaded this Lowrider update... I know the Heists vehicles weren't added smh.... My first sentence states so...

As for the topic, where did you read that? I'm going to need a sauce my friend...

It could definitely work. It'd give Rockstar enough time to milk shark card sales in short term before giving singleplayer goers the bone.

Besides, why does it really matter. Even if the content was in SP from the start, GTAO's playerbase is large enough to sustain heavy profits on its own. Yes people might skip on the content if they can test it in SP, but there's more than enough players who prefer to invest in their Online characters for Rockstar to take advantage of their wallets.

Exactly!! If R* were to go about it in this manner it would appease all parties...

Online players get a free update...

R* still gets to profit off said update

SP players are less hostile/upset knowing the DLC items are coming soon

Release it to SP during the next major online exclusive update because by then it would be "old news" to the online community and no harm no foul to R* profit margin.... I mean why would that be so difficult to add the Heist gear at least to SP? Or at least the Hydra... I wouldn't even care if it spawned only at Fort Zancudo and I had to steal one every time...

Edited by JStarr31
  • Like 1

They are working that way already, they are releasing overpriced updates only for GTA Online and it's being up to the modders to port them for singleplayer within some days.

Off topic: XenoxX has appeared here already, I wonder how much long he will take to get this thread locked...

Edited by fefenc

They are working that way already, they release an overpriced update only for GTA Online and it's up to the modders port them for singleplayer within some days.

Off topic: XenoxX has appeared here already, I wonder how much long he will take to get this thread locked...

Who's working on this already? Certainly not R*

And who said its up to the modders? I'm talking console not PC... And BTW modders do things like import update content voluntarily not because they are superheroes sworn to justice and peace... Lol besides, it's R* job to do these things and make these decisions, not the customers. I do understand that there is a fiscal aspect to these things but, damn, if they are going to focused solely on the online portion and "cancel" the SP DLC then I suggest adhering to the voice of the community some way some how, namely, with this idea I proposed

EDIT: Wild XenoxX and Osho appear....

Edited by JStarr31

They are working that way already, they release an overpriced update only for GTA Online and it's up to the modders port them for singleplayer within some days.

Who's working on this already? Certainly not R*

And who said its up to the modders? I'm talking console not PC... And BTW modders do things like import update content voluntarily not because they are superheroes sworn to justice and peace... Lol besides, it's R* job to do these things and make these decisions, not the customers. I do understand that there is a fiscal aspect to these things but, damn, if they are going to focused solely on the online portion and "cancel" the SP DLC then I suggest adhering to the voice of the community some way some how, namely, with this idea I proposed

EDIT: Wild XenoxX and Osho appear....

The "they're working on this already" was sarcasm, it's obvious that they won't release nothing for GTA V but some useless knifes and machineguns.

Also, I give you kudos for making me laugh at the "Wild XenoxX and Osho appear...." part huaheuaheuaheaueauhe

Edited by fefenc
  • Like 2

Yeah definitely more acceptable than to never bring it to SP,but Rockstar won't allow such a thing,you're talking about risking their shark card sales and the risk of keeping people on Online only,i mean since those are the main reasons for Rockstar to abandone SP in the first place.

The "they're working on this already" was sarcasm, it's obvious that they won't release nothing for GTA V but some useless knifes and machineguns.

Also, I give you kudos for making me laugh at the "Wild XenoxX and Osho appear...." part huaheuaheuaheaueauhe

Lol my sarcasm detector is a bit off these days lol it's like Mad Max in the V section, you understand....

well as long as we're on the same side :^:

R* should really look into going back to "timed" DLC/Updates as it worked well for them with the IV episodes

Edited by JStarr31

@ JStarr31

Here

Sorry, it was posted long back in the story mode DLC discussion so I couldn't remember exact words, but according to the member ( well reputed ), Rockstar seems to be planning for huge changes to the game.

There are few more interesting bits shared by him.

As it currently stands, its just speculation.

• Like 2

Yeah definitely more acceptable than to never bring it to SP,but Rockstar won't allow such a thing,you're talking about risking their shark card sales and the risk of keeping people on Online only,i mean since those are the main reasons for Rockstar to abandone SP in the first place.

true, but if they wait a while at least until the influx of players buying whatever new and current content has died down significantly then it should cause too much change in online profits... I'm mean is anyone seriously grinding for Beach Bum content? I'm not a Hipster? Most people who've wanted Hydras, HAVE Hydras... By this time I've long accrued the funds necessary for one but decided it wasn't as fun as a Hydra would've been in SP so I never bought one (and won't)

@ JStarr31

Here

Sorry, it was posted long back in the story mode DLC discussion so I couldn't remember exact words, but according to the member ( well reputed ), Rockstar seems to be planning for huge changes to the game.

ahh car fax! I'm reading through the sauce now give me a sec :^:

Edit: ok so I actually remember this discussion when fummw2 found all this.... It shows no evidence of ANYTHING you spoke in your original reply... Where does it show update content being added to SP? Nor do I see anything saying R* feels the single player needs to be changed significantly?

Edited by JStarr31
  • Like 1

Cutter De Blanc

I'd be fine with it being timed but Rockstar doesn't seem to care about anyone's ideas for single player and probably won't do that.

Or maybe we just accept R*'s decision on how to do business and for once not question their actions.

It's not rocket science that R* is trying to gain players with online exclusive updates.

I'd be cool with that but I just don't see them doing it because they don't care.

Edited by Majewski79

Cutter De Blanc

Or maybe we just accept R*'s decision on how to do business and for once not question their actions.

It's not rocket science that R* is trying to gain players with online exclusive updates.

It doesn't matter whether we question their actions or not, they're not going to change their business model just because we want them to.

ThaJackelin920

The critics should be blamed for overating it and not addressing story issues, short or boring mini games scripted side missions lack of gta elements etc.

Edited by ThaJackelin920

Im sitting here laughing in the corner like a madman thinking why the hell would RS even add all those small little details (technical only mind you because the story was short, laughable and lacked that gta soul) in SP if they just wanted to push ONLINE to this extent.

Edited by chilleverest

It's a little hard to accept that from now on single player won't get all of the best stuff since they're going to keep things exclusive to online to boost their cash card sales.

I like your sheep mentality. Im sure you like microtransactions too then ?

Edited by chilleverest
  • Like 3

It's a little hard to accept that from now on single player won't get all of the best stuff since they're going to keep things exclusive to online to boost their cash card sales.

You do realize VI singleplayer will still be a fully fledged game though?

true, but if they wait a while at least until the influx of players buying whatever new and current content has died down significantly then it should cause too much change in online profits... I'm mean is anyone seriously grinding for Beach Bum content? I'm not a Hipster? Most people who've wanted Hydras, HAVE Hydras... By this time I've long accrued the funds necessary for one but decided it wasn't as fun as a Hydra would've been in SP so I never bought one (and won't)

@ JStarr31

Here

ahh car fax! I'm reading through the sauce now give me a sec :^:

Edit: ok so I actually remember this discussion when fummw2 found all this.... It shows no evidence of ANYTHING you spoke in your original reply... Where does it show update content being added to SP? Nor do I see anything saying R* feels the single player needs to be changed significantly?

Well the information is from may so still very recent and funnw2 is a valueable leaker who has had a succesfull history.

This shows that R* was working on some kind of SP dlc in may now its just to wait and see when it drops I highly doubt they cancelled it until now when in may they were still working on it.

My premise is still that they will release 2 new Online Updates until december and at Christmas time quickly announce a new SP DLC OR what makes more sense is that they moved SP DLC into the next GTA and it will be a DLC standalone basicly like Vice City

Yeah, a fully fledged game that won't be as good as it should because they're going to keep good features exclusive to online just like they did with V.

Yeah, a fully fledged game that won't be as good as it should because they're going to keep good features exclusive to online just like they did with V.

V still is a good game on its own and with V R* only wanted to generate an Online audience now Online is allready a thing snd R* does not need to do this anymore

V still is a good game on its own and with V R* only wanted to generate an Online audience now Online is allready a thing snd R* does not need to do this anymore

V isn't a solid game on its own, the GTA brand is. Also, you just admitted that your so beloved U* purposely ripped every SP player off to put their unespected GTA Online on the spotlight since the begining and that GTA V was made with GTA Online as a priority. Cool, now we're getting somewhere... I even think that it'll start raining on my city right now.

Edited by fefenc

Ive always been under the assumption they will do this in the end. Gotta sell those sharkcards first nah mean?

V isn't a solid game on its own, the GTA brand is. Also, you just admitted that your so beloved U* purposely ripped every SP player off to put their unespected GTA Online on the spotlight since the begining and that GTA V was made with GTA Online as a priority. Cool, now we're getting somewhere... I even think that it'll start raining on my city right now.

Well for me it is and it is undenible more work went into Singleplayer than Online at Release and also that Singleplayer has a huge number of features missions etc. which make it stand on its own.

But yea R* cut properties from SP and brought them to Online and focused on Online AFTER ITS RELEASE

I can't believe they cut off the properties. I want a beach house already!!!

• Like 3