3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Vehicle vs. Vehicle Comparisons

xolectic

n8fHJES.jpg

Compare the merits of two different vehicles. I'll start with these two. They are both small FWD cars made by Declasse. They have similar top speed and handling characteristics. The Asea has better steering and the Premier has better braking. The Asea mods toward a tuner look and the Premier maintains a fairly stock but sporty appearance with modding. Which one do you guys prefer?. I'm interested in seeing what vehicles you like comparing.

Gotta give it to the Asea here. The looks of that thing are superb compared to the Premier. I hate it when the headlights and the grill don't match up somehow. Also the rear of the Asea is better imo.

Edited by Verstappen

Gotta give it to the Asea here. The looks of that thing are superb compared to the Premier. I hate it when the headlights and the grill don't match up somehow. Also the rear of the Asea is better imo.

Yeah, I think the Asea has a more "modern" look. The Premier isn't very customizable. I would like to see more FWD sedans or other cars in the game but Rockstar usually picks something more flashy to add in the DLC updates.

I've just noticed that the Asea seems a lot less grippy than the Premier, especially during the near miss challenges I was having a harder time avoiding cars. I have heard some claim the Asea has more acceleration but I don't notice a difference. Anyway, I looked at the handling.meta and used an online tool to mark out the differences and how each one is better. Using this, I've noticed that top speed is identical, as expected. The Asea deforms less (I'm assuming a higher number means more deformation), but has less inertia in collisions (this is a separate definition unrelated to mass). I'm not sure what part the defined mass plays in collisions since this value exists. There are two sections for gas tank and oil volume; both are higher on the Premier (making it easier for people to shoot the tank), but I'm not sure what the oil volume does in game. Virtually every handling-related setting is better on the Premier, especially brakes, of which the Premier's have 50% more "brake power". I'm not sure if the Asea's slightly lower weight mitigates this or not. The Premier also downshifts faster than it upshifts, this is weird and not true on the Asea.

After looking at it directly, I think the Premier is the better car. However the Asea is still a more customizable and interesting car. I'm going to try this approach with some other cars since it gives a lot of information for comparison.

I tried to attach the image so you can look at it yourself. Tell me if you want me to do this with any other two vehicles. The forum won't let me embed it for some reason (too big?) so here's a link: http://imgur.com/no460Cj

Edited by xolectic

Okay, found out some more. Mass DOES make a difference in collisions, not sure what inertia multiplier does. Oil volume is only related to how much a car smokes when damaged. I see a bunch of stuff claiming the Asea is faster but I can't pinpoint why. I haven't tested it tonight; I'm too busy figuring out where the gas tanks are and shooting them. I wonder if the lower inertia multiplier has to do with it? I think that's crash related but the GTAModding site doesn't explain what that value means. A good race would sort it out, I guess (too bad everyone races Super exclusively).

Edited by xolectic