2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

For the serious drag racers and drifters.

Triptank

Are you thinking of going back to old gen to experience the fun of driving with speed boost again? Or are you going to wait to see if R* reverses the decision on next gen. Sorry im new and havent figured out how to do polls yet.

I know a couple drift/drag crews that are going back if it isnt fixed and im curious if any others racers feel the same.

LightningLord

Are you thinking of going back to old gen to experience the fun of driving with speed boost again? Or are you going to wait to see if R* reverses the decision on next gen. Sorry im new and havent figured out how to do polls yet.

I know a couple drift/drag crews that are going back if it isnt fixed and im curious if any others racers feel the same.

Welcome to GTAForums!

I'm staying on NG/CG to see if it'll come back. Turbos were broken before, so I imagine the shift trick and OP TCS may go away at some time.

Speed boost? You mean double clutching or what?

Yeah, that's what they're talking about.

IcOqQpq.gif

If you're a serious drag racer, you should probably rely on your skill and experience over a "speed boost".

• Like 3

VWSTp.png

If you're a serious drag racer, you should probably rely on your skill and experience over a "speed boost".

Didnt realize that pressing 1 button and holding it was considered skill in a drag race. Lol

Wouldn't it just come down to holding down accelerate and nothing else now that double clutching (if that's the correct term) is gone? Hardly a lot of skill required for that. I think using the double clutch technique well was almost the whole point of drag racing before.

• Like 2

Speed boost? You mean double clutching or what?

Yeah, forced downshift, double clutch, mdsb w/e u wanna call it.

LightningLord

Didnt realize that pressing 1 button and holding it was considered skill in a drag race. Lol

Wouldn't it just come down to holding down accelerate and nothing else now that double clutching (if that's the correct term) is gone? Hardly a lot of skill required for that. I think using the double clutch technique well was almost the whole point of drag racing before.

Timing, launch, and throttle control are crucial when drag racing.

IcOqQpq.gif

VanessaMagick

Honestly I have no idea what double clutching is and by this point I'm scred to ask. Is this something I can blame always losing races on?

Exactly. Nothing like watching your banshee or massacro overtake a t20. I know how to double clutch awd cars too. Fyi when you tap the ebrake also tap the normal break then hit the accel you will get sane boost as the rwd cars do. Works on all supers and will keep you ahead of a speed boosted rwd like banshee ect.

LightningLord

Honestly I have no idea what double clutching is and by this point I'm scred to ask. Is this something I can blame always losing races on?

It's when you give a car a speed boost. It doesn't guarentee a win, but it can be fun and useful to use. Using it on cars like the Banshee helped to outrun super cars. Edited by LightningLord

IcOqQpq.gif

VanessaMagick

It's when you give a car a speed boost. It doesn't guarentee a win, but it can be fun and useful to use. Using it on cars like the Banshee helped to outrun super cars.

I could gather that but I don't know how to do it. Is it the boost at the start of the race? I get the feeling it isn't.

Timing, launch, and throttle control are crucial when drag racing.

All done with one button. Throttle control hold button half way. Easy and no skill required. Reaction time another story though. However if your sleeping at the light the trusty forced downshift worked like a charm to make up for lost ground and time.

It's when you give a car a speed boost. It doesn't guarentee a win, but it can be fun and useful to use. Using it on cars like the Banshee helped to outrun super cars.

I could gather that but I don't know how to do it. Is it the boost at the start of the race? I get the feeling it isn't.

I'm no expert but as far as I know it's where you listen for when your car is about to hit third gear, then you tap the handbrake and you'll get a boost in acceleration as a result. I've probably got the details wrong but that's the gist of it.

I thought it only worked on RWD drive cars but a few posts up the OP says it works on AWD too so shows what I know.

• Like 1

On any rwd car after you hear the shift into 2nd quickly release the accelerator and tap the ebrake then quickly press the accelerator again. Can be done in 3rd gear too. With super and awd cars same method but tap the normal brake button the sane time you tap the ebrake.