2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

AP Pistol vs. Machine Pistol (Tek_9)?

THEMANTA

So with the recent nerf to the AP pistol (probably because of all the squeakers hating the weapon as it can be used inside an armored kuruma), how is the new machine pistol? How bad did the nerf affect the AP? Which one is better overall? Discuss!

I cant test any of this as I haven't been home and have 2 classes to go.

Edit: on my phone typing fast so professor wont get mad. Please change "achine" to "machine" please any mods.

Edited by THEMANTA

Ap still rules over the tech if for no other reason than mag capacity. Everyone's dying trying to get used to it today.

Edited by TreFacTor
  • Like 1

I actually quite like the new Machine Pistol and it sounds good too! Even with a supressor!

the Tech-9 reloads slow as hell and has a really small clip. Since the benchmark in this game is the AP pistol, I doubt, even with the nerf that the DPS of the Tech-9 is anywhere near the AP. And its fire rate is real slow, like count each round as it comes out slow.

the Tech-9 reloads slow as hell and has a really small clip. Since the benchmark in this game is the AP pistol, I doubt, even with the nerf that the DPS of the Tech-9 is anywhere near the AP. And its fire rate is real slow, like count each round as it comes out slow.

This ^. Even tho it says on the stats that the MP is superior to AP on everything except RoF.

The clip and fire rate on AP makes up for it + the first 2-3 shots to the head is mostly an instant kill anyway.

TacitusKilgore

I find the Machine Pistol to be more effective than the AP. The Machine Pistol usually kills within 3-4 bullets. I prefer it over the AP personally.

MrTroubleMaker

Can anyone tell me what the nerf to the AP was please?

"Further weapon rebalancing tweaks have been made based on community feedback. The damage and accuracy of the AP Pistol have been slightly reduced to bring it in line with similar automatic weapons."

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/212174298--10-20-15-GTAV-Title-Update-1-30-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One-PC-

The machine pistol is the default weapon in cars instead of the micro smg for me now, so it'll get some use

Can anyone tell me what the nerf to the AP was please?

I believe it was damage and accuracy.

Damage and Range/Distance...

TacitusKilgore

Thanks for the replies.

Is the nerf noticeable in "real life" scenarios? Can you feel the nerf?

Because of its high RoF(Rate of Fire), it shouldn't effect it too much. Best way is to try it yourself, to see if there's any noticeable difference.

I absolutely LOVE tech 9. I am getting so many headshots with it, you'd think i'm using an aimbot. Its rate of fire is perfect. Easy to fire single shots and spraying it is cool as well.

P.S. i havent tried the AP pistol today but AP is competitively speaking better when fighting other players, IMO. However Tec 9 will be a great money saver when it comes to ammo :D great f*cking day on GTA Online today

Edited by Smale45

RealGroovyMotion

This ^. Even tho it says on the stats that the MP is superior to AP on everything except RoF.

The clip and fire rate on AP makes up for it + the first 2-3 shots to the head is mostly an instant kill anyway.

double down on this ^^

God,i hate those kids who can't stand getting owned.Seriously! go back to school and play those E for everyone games,they may not be violent but most of them are fun.Take the littlebigplanet series for the playstation,it's quirky and fun!

Seriously kids,stop spoiling our fun,if you can't stand all the shooting and action,you can just play something for your age! stop trying to be cool by playing violent games and acting like a loser,you're just wasting your time by doing that.

Note:i'm talking about the ap pistol nerf and all the other nerfs in general

Back to topic:I will stick with TEC9,because of that old-school sound

Edited by Arachne

TheTruthIsFree

Too bad I can't see since Krogers ran out of PlayStation cards so I can't renew my PS Plus..😒

Edited by TheTruthIsFree

God,i hate those kids who can't stand getting owned.Seriously! go back to school and play those E for everyone games,they may not be violent but most of them are fun.Take the littlebigplanet series for the playstation,it's quirky and fun!

Seriously kids,stop spoiling our fun,if you can't stand all the shooting and action,you can just play something for your age! stop trying to be cool by playing violent games and acting like a loser,you're just wasting your time by doing that.

wot?

Back on topic. The AP pistol is still superior for "in your face" combat with the larger mag capacity (18/36 over the tec-9's 12/20) and faster rate of fire

The Tec-9 is more accurate and stronger, making it better suited for farther away attack

AP Pistol all the way still, the faster fire rate makes hitting from a vehicle easier and the bigger magazine helps offset it eating ammo faster.

I still veer to AP, but this new update has got me thinking; I own every gun and weapon on offer, but why? It just makes no sense. I always use attack shotgun or whatever it is called, heavy sniper and bullpup rifle from their respective categories. I hate it when in the car I have to always switch to AP, just to notice that I still have that useless Uzi or a flare pistol on hand when shtuff hits the fan. Or there is a big horde of enemies coming at you, and you are standing there with a normal shotgun like you were duck hunting. I know I can throw guns away, but it seems a bit excessive since they haven't come cheap. My game somehow missed some of the guns for "own all the guns"-achievement, and I had to throw them away and buy again. I cried blood even at that, and it was only some pistol and a smg or something - but with luxury finishes and all the extras (on every gun) I wasn't particularly happy.

I know there might be added bonuses to use other guns in different situations, but I hardly am fast enough choosing them, nor know enough of their stats to intuitively choose them according to situation. I quite possibly own unsettling number off guns that I haven't even shot once.... And tec-9 is deemed to be one of the less used.

Ap pistol

advantage :

- a fast-firing weapon that focuses accuracy over multiple targets

- powerful than micro-SMG

- smooth recoil than micro-SMG

- best pistol on it's category

- slightly higher magazine capacity than micro-SMG

drawback :

- instead of spreading , the recoil raise upwards . making it hard to peform headshot when aiming to head direcly ( mitigated by aiming to the neck instead )

- unlike inferior , micro-SMG . being a pistol cannot attach scope for FPS mode

- due to pistol's damage and firing rate , shooting a car that was too close to wielder may result that car explode nearby player . this also not recommended if the wielder attempting to kill a person who is carrying an objective pickup while driving fragile vehicle

- the pistol's recoil reduce effectiveness aganist multiple targets due to it's recoil

- recently , this pistol was nerfed

TEC-9

advantage :

- cheaper than AP

- slightly superior than micro-SMG

- being a DLC weapon allows newbie attain this machine pistol earlier than micro-SMG ( combined with a price tag about $8k )

drawback :

- lowest magazine among automatic-weapons ( even with extended magazine )

- the small iron sight and combining muzzle's design makes it difficult to aim in FPS mode

- TEC-9 only has 2 customization ( not including tint )

note : this is few details i know because i haven't found more infoes for TEC-9

Edited by Sky_Light12

I thought the AP pistol was still superior, but some of the replies here have made me rethink it. The machine pistol is very, very, accurate for a pistol. As always, making a high quality weapon available to level 1 players will result in endless complaining from high level players who can't dominate low level players, who would only have a pistol and knife otherwise. The marksman rifle was excellent for me as a newbie when dealing with snipers and spawn trappers/campers. The machine pistol is probably the best drive-by weapon overall. The marksman pistol was similarly useful but its accuracy can be disappointing.