2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

"Double Clutching" Let's get it back NOW.

MAR10HD

If you're not familiar "Double clutching" is when you let off the gas and quickly tap the e-brake then apply gas again. This will make the car rev high and the wheels lose traction making drifting entirely possible in GTA 5.

The Lowrider update has for whatever reason patched "double clutching". Now, instead of accelerating and leaving some nice skid marks your car still revs high but the car actually slows down and it is near impossible to lose traction.

I have made this thread as a concentrated effort to hopefully be noticed by Rockstar themselves and to get the worst part of update 1.30 removed. Pearlescent on crew returning was amazing and well overdue but this is a few steps backwards. It has happened before with motorcycle physics, now it is our turn.

I will personally be posting on their support page every single day until the changes are reverted.

Obviously I don't expect everybody to do the same but one post or comment can make the difference.

http://support.rockstargames.com/

Edit: People forget that feedback from consumers is a valuable asset to any company and change is in fact possible. I have every right to express my opinion about this issue. Don't like drifting? Okay see ya later. Go not like drifting somewhere else.

Thanks to those with serious replies.

Edit2: I AM AWARE IT'S NOT ACTUALLY DOUBLE CLUTCHING.

However this is the name the technique has been given by the community and it has stuck.

Edited by MAR10HD

If you're not familiar "Double clutching" is when you let off the gas and quickly tap the e-brake then apply gas again. This will make the car rev high and the wheels lose traction making drifting entirely possible in GTA 5.

The Lowrider update has for whatever reason patched "double clutching". Now, instead of accelerating and leaving some nice skid marks your car still revs high but the car actually slows down and it is near impossible to lose traction.

I have made this thread as a concentrated effort to hopefully be noticed by Rockstar themselves and to get the worst part of update 1.30 removed. Pearlescent on crew returning was amazing and well overdue but this is a few steps backwards. It has happened before with motorcycle physics, now it is our turn.

I will personally be posting on their support page every single day until the changes are reverted.

Obviously I don't expect everybody to do the same but one post or comment can make the difference.

http://support.rockstargames.com/

Use Twitter. It's public, it will spread more, and it's worked in the past for similar "changes" they made. Create a catchy hashtag and show video examples for more exposure and backing. Just make sure you include Rockstar support in your tweets so that retweets do the same.

Edited by Furry_Monkey

Who gives a sh*t.

apparently some do because there's two threads concerning this subject on the first page, and i can assure you they won't be the last

As a racer I never used this and when you are faster because of this its abuse and glitch and should've been patched long ago.

• Like 4

shadowoperative

As a racer I never used this and when you are faster because of this its abuse and glitch and should've been patched long ago.

This. Exactly. Well put.

• Like 2

iLikeDrivinInMyTruck

Who gives a sh*t.

apparently some do because there's two threads concerning this subject on the first page, and i can assure you they won't be the last

People have been able to do it with like three cars for two years now.

Guys I like my Banshee too but Jesus who cares.

Let Rockstar do what they want and just play this sh*t.

• Like 2

shadowoperative

Who gives a sh*t.

Truer words were never spoken. +1

• Like 2

Who gives a sh*t.

It wasn't just three cars. You could do it with almost every land vehicle.

The least you guys can do is consider how this "fix" castrates the racing/drift community.

• Like 1

i highly doubt the removal of double clutching was intentional, but regardless telling people to just stfu and deal with it doesn't make much sense. R* has gone back and changed some things that they've "broken" before via patch because of people clamoring about it and i'd wager that they'll do the same with this. regardless of whether or not you used, liked, or felt this "feature" (if we can call it that) was fair doesn't change the fact that, like you mentioned, it's been in the game since launch. it shouldn't be a surprise that people are going to get up in arms about it being gone

so ye, people care. if you don't, then why even bother viewing the threads

• Like 2

Nah.

Thanks for the bump friend.

Use Twitter. It's public, it will spread more, and it's worked in the past for similar "changes" they made. Create a catchy hashtag and show video examples for more exposure and backing. Just make sure you include Rockstar support in your tweets so that retweets do the same.

Great idea! Unfortunately I don't have twitter. Hoping enough spam on their page will do the job, that or get me banned.

I used it racing all the time and taught as many people how as I could. I don't see it as unfair because everyone can do it and it's like driving with traction control off.

I have made this thread.....

....an hour and a half after I posted in the existing thread.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/825385-double-clutching-doesnt-work/?p=1068087382

Fantastic. I'd like to point out that thread is merely noticing that it doesn't work. I'm actually trying to get it back here.

Anyhow, did you end up making a thread on the support page? Do you have a link??

I did post one but it's not in my activities. Maybe deleted.

Who gives a sh*t.

wow what an attitude. Suppose you don't care about police brutality too? We should just let them do what they want?

I don't race or drift.

Ok so f*ck everyone else except you right? If you don't care about it just leave.

Great idea! Unfortunately I don't have twitter. Hoping enough spam on their page will do the job, that or get me banned.

It takes a few minutes to sign up - I'd strongly recommend it. This is why...

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200896917-Changes-to-GTAV-Motorcycle-and-Bike-Stunt-Physics

Twitter was the main way people spread that. It's more public than the support forum so it twists their arm, as well as letting them know how disgruntled people are.

Didn't take long for people to start whining over something today.

It's better this way cos R* are still at their computers.

I don't race or drift.

Ok so f*ck everyone else except you right? If you don't care about it just leave.So much butthurt coming from you.
  • Like 1