2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTA: Online [Free-Aim Servers becoming vacant]

KushaD

Hey GTA Forums,

is it just me or does it seem like the free-aim only servers have become super vacant with at the most you get is 7 players at the most ... I don't think GTAO should have an option for the unfair gameplay of auto aim. (uinfair due to the fact a player shooting at a player, driving a vehicle, can lock onto them while their driving but the driver is stuck with free aim from the vehicle during the driveby scenario).

I believe rockstar needs to disable free-aim for GTAO to make the playing field fair as autoaim unfair advantage if your in a vehicle and attempting to shoot at PVP target from the car while they lock onto you while on-foot.

This is my opinion please comment and share your honest opinion .... AA servers should be obsolete in GTAO and should only be avail for single player gameplay

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

why woud you remove something if most people in fact seem to like it like that ?

it woud be "rockstar logic"

im afraid to say you but,.... you're a minority, welcome to the club, deal with it, have fun

Edited by goldadderXD
  • Like 1

i see absolutely no appeal in playing auto aim, if you enjoy constantly being killed then sure, in free aim you actually stand a chance against attackers.

Free-aim = real men

Auto-aim = pussies

'Nuff said.

That's a little harsh man.

But yeah, judging by your avatar, you're in the TNWO so that explains a lot.

• Like 3

JohnXina - Discord Emojispacer.pngJohnXina - Discord Emoji

i see absolutely no appeal in playing auto aim, if you enjoy constantly being killed then sure, in free aim you actually stand a chance against attackers.

However, on the contrary, it's hilarous to stand just outside of the auto-lock's maximum distance, and kill a player over and over while they insist that you're cheating, because you can hit them, but they can't hit you, lol.

Edited by Omnifarious

AA servers are full more often as that's the default setting on console. I think on PC the default controller option is free-aim so that's good.

Let people play the way they want, that's all there is to it. I am a Free aim player since IV and I can only play that way now, but I never felt the need to try and judge or punish others because they like to play differently. AA has been in pretty much every GTA title of the 3d era you can't simply ask them to remove a setting that is popular although you might not agree with that. Deal with it.

• Like 5

Stealthflight

I have auto aim, half free aim. In auto aim lobby I learned how to maximize my aim to center mass or the head and it works when the other player is moving around too much.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

if im not mistaken i know quite a few people that only play autoaim....and they just smoke people without grabbing jets

hell, some do not even grab rpg's but smoke asses with snipers special carbines and grenades only.

i doubt they woud not smoke people in free aim to

not to mention in free aim i gues the minigun and rpgs and other explosives are even more overpowered no ?

Please varify you are talking about 1/4 and not 3/360, as I play FA daily on 360 and rarely find an unpopulated lobby.

So because you are lonely and Butthurt about being lonely you want R* to force everyone to play your style of gameplay?

Ok there buddy... Get real.

Your opinion is stupid and makes no sense.

• Like 6
Mainthreadrule.gif

Please varify you are talking about 1/4 and not 3/360, as I play FA daily on 360 and rarely find an unpopulated lobby.

sorry boss on PS4 ... xbox 360 alot of people still play Free-aim (i know because I had it for xbox 360 when gta first released and then upgrded to Ps4 - which at first the free-aim servers were heavily populated prior to the many updates over the last year or so

AA servers are full more often as that's the default setting on console. I think on PC the default controller option is free-aim so that's good.

I'm not sure what the default is on PC, but I do know auto-aim does not work when using a keyboard/mouse.

BUZZARDBUTCHER

I'm a veteran gamer and never seen so many handicapps in a game. Esp being this one of the most fun games I've ever played . Saying that, the popularity over freeaim is that players can actually get ridiculously good at free aiming , while the squeakers and casual gamers would get eating alive . In a sense I do not like it because it gives players who just want to fantasize about being good at something in a game they didn't need to practice, so it gives that feeling throughout the game of "everybody is a winner"

It also gives the squeakers a chance .if they don't have a chance then cut those shark card sales, cut the ps4 version sales . And cut the gta gaming population . This will be an indoctrination into accepting handicapps. "RULES". just wait it out . Pegasus calls will turn into one every 5 minutes eventually, killers will always be sent to play with cheaters, freeaim lobbies will be completely vacant because all the good players will jump on the next competing game . (12-15 years away). When gta 6 comes out , it'll be sickening , but so will the handicapps that cater to the weaker players.

Edited by BUZZARDBUTCHER

Check out this single player footage of free-aim makes the gameplay a lot more competitive

Multiplayer Free aim gameplay:

Add me to PS4 : d0cchase [Free-aim Players Only]

XBox 1 : KushaD

So because you are lonely and Butthurt about being lonely you want R* to force everyone to play your style of gameplay?

Ok there buddy... Get real.
Your opinion is stupid and makes no sense.

you must be one of the punks who only play auto aim GTFHO - I said to make the gameplay more competitive by making online a Free-aim only server and auto aimers can play single player shooting at AI and not PVP

I'm not sure what the default is on PC, but I do know auto-aim does not work when using a keyboard/mouse.

If you use aa K&M on PC then you're definitely better off in Free Aim. You'll have the edge over a controller. But if you use a controller (I use my PS4 one) then I'd say the advantage swings the other way around in Auto Aim. I'd say there's more of a split between then 2 modes rather than on console. Auto aim has been in GTA since III so it'd be stupid to remove it.

^this +

I played assisted aim a bunch recently (again... yesterday :/ ) just to be with friends and OMG it's so dumb. The amount of times I was aiming at someone that wasn't an immediate threat was bananas. I'm a patient guy but when I try to kill one guy but end up aiming at something else i'm not going to last long before raging on the inside (and if you're lucky on the outside). Plus the firefights feel like fistfights they're so close and they last maybe 10 seconds at most. Luckily we can still free aim in those lobbies or I would have gone nuts after the 5th-6th assisted wrong target.

So from now on i'm insisting that my friends play free aim, don't worry they like it too, the only issue seems to be that the majority of players are in auto-aim so that's where people want to be.

So imo there's only one solution... Get your act together people! the crosshair is in the middle of the screen, No need for magnetic super pointing powers. You will get less kills & you survive longer. Join free aim today. If you like it / once you get used to it you'll probably never want another aim assist in any game. Trust papa Jack, c'mon over :)

This is why the PC is superior, there are very few people playing auto aim. :)

There's tons in auto-aim on PC, what you talkin bout Willis?

I think the numbers are still much higher in auto-aim on PC compared to free-aim. I say that because joining or hosting in auto-aim gets much more players. On the other hand I see what you mean, there isn't really a population problem in free aim lobbies on PC, most of the time when i just join online from SP i get put with 20+ players in free aim. It's just the job menu screens that take more time to fill up in free aim imo.

That is not why PC is superior imo. Can't say I agree with that.

I don't even know how to change to auto-aim nor how to use it..

Had auto-aim on PS3 but since I've changed to PC I've never used it.

IMO the auto-aim should be off for everyone at any time, makes the game more fun.

I don't even know how to change to auto-aim nor how to use it..

Had auto-aim on PS3 but since I've changed to PC I've never used it.

IMO the auto-aim should be off for everyone at any time, makes the game more fun.

It's under settings gamepad, and you can only change it in story mode. You also need to be using a controller xb360/ps3/similar or the setting means nothing.

I need to have friends or crew playing for me to get into a full session. If no one else is on I end up with one other person in free roam. (PS4)

i always play free aim and yet see a lot of players with a "very good aim", or its just AA, are there free-aim and AA in the same session/server? i thought that was separeted.

Hey GTA Forums,

is it just me or does it seem like the free-aim only servers have become super vacant with at the most you get is 7 players at the most ... I don't think GTAO should have an option for the unfair gameplay of auto aim. (uinfair due to the fact a player shooting at a player, driving a vehicle, can lock onto them while their driving but the driver is stuck with free aim from the vehicle during the driveby scenario).

I believe rockstar needs to disable free-aim for GTAO to make the playing field fair as autoaim unfair advantage if your in a vehicle and attempting to shoot at PVP target from the car while they lock onto you while on-foot.

This is my opinion please comment and share your honest opinion .... AA servers should be obsolete in GTAO and should only be avail for single player gameplay

Lol. Okay, let's pretend you're not dishing out gr8 b8, m8.

Yes I agree. You should be able to auto aim whilst driving a vehicle.

well alot of people, myself included play gta for fun not competition. i leave free aim for COD,BF etc. both AA and FA require skill in my book. FA= skill at shooting, AA+skill at staying alive. ive played both types of aim and noticed that in FA if youre a good shot, youll win. firefights are less hectic. AA is more about combat rolls, tactics and who is faster at aiming. as long as youre having fun, who cares what aiming preference you have.

i always play free aim and yet see a lot of players with a "very good aim", or its just AA, are there free-aim and AA in the same session/server? i thought that was separeted.

On 1/4 people say that FA servers are lumped in with FAA (free aim assisted) so even if you try to play just FA, R* logic has thrown a handicap in, just to screw things up.