2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

A note about Crew Racing Rules

Jenkiiii

Hi guys,

Many of you are members of racing crews, just like me. I've been a member of Nodo for a while in order to try and get better quality racing, but I'm getting a wide variety of positive and negative experiences. I don't mind a bit of argy-bargy and I accept that other people know the tracks better than I do, use off-road tires for curb boosts, use mid-drive boosts (double-clutch boosts) on RWD cars, etc... and there are all sorts of tips and tricks to add seconds to your lap times, in addition to being a decent driver, and I can deal with all of that, but I can't deal with catchup ON.

If you're a member of a racing crew, catchup must be turned OFF. At least in Nodo!

Members of Nodo who realise they're not that quick and losing races sometimes turn catchup ON, customised vehicles OFF and resort to using long, draggy races with SUVs or Sedans, or something like that, to neutralise any driving advantages to the maximum.

Remember, Catchup must be turned OFF. Good racers should not be penalised for 'being good'.

Customised vehicles should be turned ON, always. That's why we have dozens of cars, spend millions in mods at the mod-shop, test, experiment, etc.

The rest is pretty much feel as you go. No trolling, no barging, but if someone does it during the race the whole thing turns to mayhem. Road rage springs to mind.

Please, if you're a member of Nodo turn Catchup OFF and turn customised vehicles ON whenever you're the HOST. It is your responsibility as part of a racing crew to adhere to these rules. Please don't make the excuse that 'my friends aren't very good' hence we need catchup ON, that sort of thing... you have a responsibility as a crew member and a race host to abide by crew rules, regardless of your friends. If you want to play by different rules, please use a different crew in the meantime and please stop hosting races of this kind.

I can't force anyone out of a crew and I wouldn't do that anyway, but I will remove any crew members on my friends list who don't play by these rules so that I don't get invited to their races.

Cheers

Edited by Jenkiiii

Catch up on = Racing Entertainment and not competitive racing.

Theres no point making a topic about it, it just is what it is.

If theres one thing great about catch up, its that you can actually use slower vehicles in entertaining races and still have fun.

Edited by HulioG

xInfamousRYANx

um ok....

like it was stated this really seems more focused on a crew level NoDo specifically.

To address your point

Catchup is a BS mechanic but I have not run into 1 NoDo HOST who uses catchup, they might join a catchup race though.

um ok....

like it was stated this really seems more focused on a crew level NoDo specifically.

To address your point

Catchup is a BS mechanic but I have not run into 1 NoDo HOST who uses catchup, they might join a catchup race though.

Ryan, this isn't focused purely on Nodo, it could relate to any crew with crew rules. Unfortunately I have entered Nodo crew races with catchup turned ON, customised cars turned OFF. Maybe you host your own races or stick with the same group of friends, but I accept random invites from Nodo members and come across all sorts of people. Please don't think this post is directed at you or anyone I may know through you, OK?

I'm not naming or shaming anybody, but I have entered races with Nodo hosts who do whatever they want. One of the problems with the Nodo crew is that anybody can join, just sign up and you in.

People who don't abide by the basic rules are an embarrassment to the racing crew.

um ok....

To address your point

Ryan, this isn't focused purely on Nodo, it could relate to any crew with crew rules. Unfortunately I have entered Nodo crew races with catchup turned ON, customised cars turned OFF. Maybe you host your own races or stick with the same group of friends, but I accept random invites from Nodo members and come across all sorts of people. Please don't think this post is directed at you or anyone I may know through you, OK?

I'm not naming or shaming anybody, but I have entered races with Nodo hosts who do whatever they want. One of the problems with the Nodo crew is that anybody can join, just sign up and you in.

People who don't abide by the basic rules are an embarrassment to the racing crew.

Theres no rule that says that people can't host what ever they want. If you don't like the race, then leave the race. If Nodo has such an easy open enrollment then blame the crew leaders for not being more selective.

Far as see it, you're an embarrassment to your crew just for posting this sh*t here.

And if you don't like it. Come to the Cloud 9 racing forums, where i will tell you the same sh*t i just told you here. :p

Edited by HulioG
  • Like 2

If theres one thing great about catch up, its that you can actually use slower vehicles in entertaining races and still have fun.

Hulio, the reason we join certain racing crews is to avoid stuff like Catchup. I'm not sure if I made that clear. Our rule is Catchup OFF.

I'm not naming or shaming, but the people I encountered shouldn't be part of the Nodo crew. They should use another crew.

Seems like the wrong place to talk about your crew's rules.

Maybe... but there are plenty of crew racers on this forum that are not part of Nodo, and perhaps other crews. Does anybody have a racing rule with strict rules, like Catchup OFF? One of the problems with Nodo is that anyone can join and use the Nodo crew tag.

um ok....

To address your point

Theres no rule that says that people can't host what ever they want. If you don't like the race, then leave the race. If Nodo has such an easy open enrollment then blame the crew leaders for not being more selective.

Far as see it, you're an embarrassment to your crew just for posting this sh*t here.

And if you don't like it. Come to the Cloud 9 racing forums, where i will tell you the same sh*t i just told you here. :p

Hulio, the question was directed at Ryan, not you, but as to your point... you're right, the Nodo crew leaders need to enforce stricter membership and verification rules.

Don't be ridiculous about being an embarrassment to my crew. And, no thanks on the Cloud 9 invite.

Edited by Jenkiiii

Hulio, the question was directed at Ryan, not you, but as to your point... you're right, the Nodo crew leaders need to enforce stricter membership and verification rules.

Don't be ridiculous about being an embarrassment to my crew. And, no thanks on the Cloud 9 invite.

oooh.... You're not invited to cloud 9. Don't be silly... :lol:

The way you went off about hookers a while back. You're X ed.

Edited by HulioG

oooh.... You're not invited to cloud 9. Don't be silly... :lol:

The way you went off about hookers a while back. You're X ed.

Ah, so you trolled me in the past and you're doing it again? I thought there was something about you that I couldn't quite remember... but it seems I had a big effect on YOU :)

Squirrel__Army

Seems to be something that you should have posted on your own website.

Most crews have their own website don't they?

Seems to be something that you should have posted on your own website.

Most crews have their own website don't they?

Yes, you're right, I'm posting on the Nodo forums about it, thanks. I've asked the mods to lock this thread too.

Topic closed on request.