2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Angry pedestrians with baseball bats

I just finished See The Sights Before Your Flight, and I noticed that on some levels while at the photo spot there would be a hostile ped with a bat, who would go after anyone (not the tourist though, as far as my experience went).

Did anyone else see this? I'm thinking it's an intentional spawn to make it more (humorously) challenging to get your shot, but it could have been a glitch too.

Happens at the Strip Club, Chinatown, and a couple places in SI, as well. Happened all 12 of my 100% playthroughs. It's not a glitch...

You don't even need to be accurate. SNAP! SNAP! SNAP! Done...You still get the money and Mission Passed. It's very mundane, boring task, imo. The only good thing is you get the H/BP/FP/PP/TP/EC/PC Landstalker out of it, but once you get it on 1 Save, it's useless on another Save and so on. Same with the Unique/BP/FP/PP Avenger.

Happens at the Strip Club, Chinatown, and a couple places in SI, as well. Happened all 12 of my 100% playthroughs. It's not a glitch...

You don't even need to be accurate. SNAP! SNAP! SNAP! Done...You still get the money and Mission Passed. It's very mundane, boring task, imo. The only good thing is you get the H/BP/FP/PP/TP/EC/PC Landstalker out of it, but once you get it on 1 Save, it's useless on another Save and so on. Same with the Unique/BP/FP/PP Avenger.

Well, I thought it was a really cool side mission, it was really different from standard GTA fare and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even got all artistic and sh*t with my shots.

Do it 12 times (or 144 times) since I did 12 Saves and each time you do it, you go to 12 locations, and you'll see how boring it is then. If you use a Bike and crash, SOMETIMES your person will die and Mission Failed. Happened to me a few times. I try to do all 12 in a row without saving and when that happened on the 10th Site, I was furious as I was burned out by then since it was my 6th Save File from doing 6 back to back to back to back to back to back. A few of the ones in Portland are a pain in the ass, too. Stupid Triads always shooting. One of them even meat cleaver-ed the passenger and I got Mission Failed since he tried punching the Triads...I also hate the loading screens between Islands. Like I said, I did 144 Sites since I had 6 old Saves and now 6 new Saves. I am burned out of doing this Side Mission :D But to answer the question, it's not a glitch. It happens...

Edited by Militia

If you want to obtain all Special Vehicles in LCS, as well as VCS, you need multiple Save Files. Why? Cuz only 12 total items can fit in each Garage, yet, in LCS alone, there is around 80 Special Vehicles. I did 6 Save Files and obtained 72 Special Vehicles. You can see in my Profile inside the LCS Spoiler on what I obtained. I have a 48% Starter Save in LCS, so each Save only took me 2-4 days to complete. Multiply this by 6 and you get 12, 18, or 24. However, it took me in the middle of that. I finished 6 entire Saves to 100% in exactly 14 days (2 weeks). It doesn't take long. But yes, from doing that, I get burned out but luckily don't have to bother anymore and can just enjoy my 100% Saves and mess around with the Special Vehicles I obtained.

But to answer the other question, again, which you can read in my Profile at the bottom, GTA isn't really a challenge for me anymore, so not only do I go to 100%, I go ultra fast doing it and make the "Total Playing Time" Stat as low as I can by going as fast as I can. I also have 0 Deaths/Busted/Cheats and I ONLY fail a Mission if a Special Vehicle requires it and on top of all this, I get the max capacity allowed to be stored and in LCS you can only fit 12 Vehicles in a Save and 2 of these 12 need to be Bikes since Portland's Garage is so damn small. I also enjoy making Starter Saves which means everything possible done after Home Sweet Home before any other Story Mission. So every time I start a LCS Save, I have 48% Completion and only need to do 52% of the game. It goes really quick and I enjoy LCS a lot, but definitely need a break after I did 6 Saves back to back to back to back to back to back. I am now onto VCS and doing 3 Saves and already finished the 1st and 2/3 through the 2nd. I have a 49.20% Starter Save in VCS, so my 1st Save took 5 days to finish. All of this stuff goes quickly for me since I've done these games so many times and know what to expect, so I give it an ADDED CHALLENGE by obtaining all the Special Vehicles and going as fast as I can go.

Edited by Militia
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

Seriously u go through all that effort just"for fun" most people that do this just reload save when they die making it fake so the 0 death 0 busted thing doesn't mean much but kudos if u actually don't die. U need to calm down abit though man :D

Personally I enjoy Militia's stories. He is the most hardcore fan in the III era sections if not the entire forum. He is a hero and a badass in my eyes. Most GTA "fans" can't even complete the first few missions of the old games without retreating back to the easy-as-sh*t hand holding HD era games.

Edited by Maibatsu545
  • Like 1

Personally I enjoy Militia's stories. He is the most hardcore fan in the III era sections if not the entire forum. He is a hero and a badass in my eyes. Most GTA "fans" can't even complete the first few missions of the old games without retreating back to the easy-as-sh*t hand holding HD era games.

Easy there. You can very easily die in GTA V, usually from the most mundane sh*t. Prior protagonists were made from (soft) steel.

I think Militia is nuts, but I can appreciate his intricate knowledge.

Edited by Helegad
  • Like 1

The thing is, you people think I go through "all this effort." I really don't. Just read my Profile at the bottom. GTA isn't hard for me anymore and hasn't been for a few years now. I only had problems with it when I was in my early teens. Now it's quite boring for me because of the difficulty factor not being present anymore, thus I obtain Special Vehicles.

There is a Mission Script on how a Mission plays out and how it's passed and failed. This is all made by Rockstar. But when you collect Special Vehicles, there is only so many ways they can be obtained and you go out of your way to find a way. Most are known and tons of Videos on Youtube, so it helps to learn how to obtain some of them, but there is some bizarre things you must do to get them. I don't find running through Missions time and time again fun. That is the easy part. The part I am on autopilot for. I don't find that fun. I only find challenges fun. I don't want anything handed to me. I want to work for it.

And about the effort...It just comes natural and it's not a lot of effort in reality. How long did it take me to complete 6 Saves to 100% with all 72 Special Vehicles? 14 days flat. Exactly 2 weeks. Meanwhile, some people may take months to finish it and that isn't even with collecting any of them, etc. I am simply just on a different level in GTA gaming. I surpassed getting 100% with 0 Deaths/Busted/Cheats/Mission Failures. That is the EASY part. The hard part is doing that while getting all the Vehicles and making sure nothing disappears on you so you ALWAYS have these after 100% and can mess around with them.

It's a lot of fun, but I don't expect anyone to understand. There is only about 15 people on the Forum who do what I do. Some people can even do better than I do, but mostly in regards to SA and not III, VC, LCS, and VCS.

For instance, right now I am yet again re-doing my SA Save for PS2. I had 57 Special Vehicles in my past Save and now doing it over for the SAME 57 + 4 new ones. So when I finish, I will have 61 in total. The max you can hold is 68 since there is only 17 Garages and 4 Vehicles can fit inside each. 17 x 4 = 68. So if I got 61, that basically is filling every single spot in the entire game. THAT is the challenge. Like I said, I get bored with no challenge.

Have you considered that you might be playing GTA too much? I'm not trying to be devil's advocate or a negative nancy, but isn't there any other game series that you get into as much as you do with GTA?

Edited by Helegad

Nope. I only own a lot of older PS2 Games like the Tony Hawk Series and such. I stopped gaming in 2008 and didn't even touch it until September 2013 when V was released. All I am interested in these days is GTA and even that is running thin and becoming too easy for me.

Once I finish my current PS2 SA Save I am working on now, I probably won't even play GTA anymore and just enjoy my 100% Saves from here on out as I did every possible task GTA has to offer.

Get my money's worth? Sure did...

For the record, I only game on Tues/Weds/Thurs since I work 10 hour shifts Friday through Monday. Playing GTA too much? Yeah, I am sure...

Edited by Militia