San Andreas Ambient Sounds - SAAS

pep legal

Starship Mythic
On 12/17/2018 at 11:34 PM, LeakyLine said:

When I load the game I get an interesting "INI FILE MISSING" error, despite the .ini being in my directory.

Would really love to use this f*cking mod...

If you are using ModLoader, put everything inside of a "CLEO" folder (cleo_sounds folder, SAAS.ini, and SAAS.cs). That fixed it for me.

• 5 months later...

So does anyone know how to ADD more sounds to this mod? pep also didn't make the ini much helpful to understand what value is what. If someone knows then please let me know.

• Like 1

-Gaming4Life-
23 hours ago, PRince4Sharma said:

So does anyone know how to ADD more sounds to this mod? pep also didn't make the ini much helpful to understand what value is what. If someone knows then please let me know.

ikr this mod is not normie user friendly or noob modder friendly. We need a remake

16 hours ago, Weeamer said:

ikr this mod is not normie user friendly or noob modder friendly. We need a remake

Hopefully someone picks this up, or pep himself makes it clear.

• 5 weeks later...
Helomyname

I loved this at first but quickly had to uninstall.

It feels like i'm playing some schizofrenic simulator - all these random sounds and people talking and its not even coming from anywhere in the game world, just directly from the headphones.

• KEKW 2

GustavitoMarcillo045
On 4/6/2021 at 17:42, Helomyname said:

Me encantó esto al principio, pero rápidamente tuve que desinstalarlo.

Se siente como si estuviera jugando un simulador esquizofrénico: todos estos sonidos aleatorios y gente hablando y ni siquiera provienen de ningún lugar del mundo del juego, solo directamente de los auriculares.

The same thing happened to me, but solving it is very easy, simply in the ini file set the mod volume to 0.7, in this way the sounds will be really ambient sounds and not superimposed sounds, and increase the traffic with mixsets, this way it will make sense to have so many voices

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2017 at 3:02 PM, iiCriminnaaL said:

Can you make sounds get disabled inside interiors? Many interiors (maybe most of them) keep the ambient sounds from the road enabled inside them. It's so noisy and annoying inside, while interiors are supposed to be quiet, especially houses.

I think that's a bug. I made an account here to report it because I noticed that when I load the game up CJ's house uses the ambient sounds the game came with, then activating the SAAS sounds when you leave and then when you come back in not returning to the usual ambient sounds. I think this could be patched manually if OP tells us what to type in the ini files to fix it. Another semi-bug I found is that if you turn off the sound effect volume you still hear the ambience, but I think that's intentional from what OP's said before, he didn't bake it into the game's audio you could mess with it independently 

On 10/22/2015 at 9:10 PM, Fireman said:

That's why I recommend AI Planes, it add flightpaths and planes that land and take-off at airports

If you use your imagination you can also expect those sounds to come from inside a nearby building, I think that's fine.

Where can I find that mod?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
GTAIVisbest

I really enjoy this mod, but it's causing issues for me. When I get into a police chase, and there are many explosion sounds + police siren sounds + this sound mod loaded into the background, everything goes quiet except for the radio, some ambient noises, and the SAAS noises

Periodically sound will come back and dip out again

I'm guessing this is due to some memory limit, the addition of these new sounds are overloading what the game is capable of streaming or something, I'm not sure

Is there any way to fix it? I already have all the limit adjusters + the Large Address Aware patch.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2019 at 12:15 PM, IAMNOTRANA said:

For some weird reason during night time of last venturas some cars go pretty crazy as in, their headlights keep blinking on and off, it looks really odd but they also produce party music if you walk near them. Is this intended? if yes can we turn off light blinking feature while keeping the sound?

Can confirm this. Not sure if this happens anywhere else, but save I'm using I played there quite a lot and saw such behavior. 

There is chance that if you remove few LS records from SAAS.ini this effect go away, but also this means your LV strip wont be that sound populated anymore. 

• 1 month later...
RickyRicardo96
On 8/3/2022 at 10:52 AM, TempUser_ said:

Can confirm this. Not sure if this happens anywhere else, but save I'm using I played there quite a lot and saw such behavior. 

There is chance that if you remove few LS records from SAAS.ini this effect go away, but also this means your LV strip wont be that sound populated anymore. 

carPlay0 in the .ini file appears to be causing this. It adds "Crazy Party Cars" to the Strip at night so the blinking lights is intentional. I think it's an interesting bit of detail but it threw me off at first, thinking it was another lighting bug.

Edited by RickyRicardo96

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
MrWinehouse

I love this mod! It's really inmersive and works well. The only issue I have is that when I log in SA-MP, as soon as I enter the server, random Groove Street gang members dialogoes start playing out of nowhere nd they don't stop. Everywhere I go, the Families dialogues play. How can I fix this without turning off the random dialogues that the other player's skins play?

cemeteryblunts

This is such a good mod, however there's something that I'd really like to see fixed..

If you walk out of your safehouse in Santa Maria Beach and walk back in , the ambient sounds follow you inside your home and you can still hear the ambient sounds inside your safehouse. 

I'm not sure if this is only the case for the beach safehouse, but I'd really love to see this bug in particular fixed ..

If anyone knows how to fix this manually , please by all means let me know immediately. I would love to use this mod in my playthrough.

• 3 months later...

while it isn't a bad mod is causing random crashes in certain moments,similar to several cleos i grabbed from mixmods made by junior.

as i said is not a bad mod but the random crashes are getting on my nerves and seeing how this hasn't been updated in years there is no hope for improvements.

for example the error i get is the same crash on ambience/** (random file)  removing this fixed the game so i know it was this cleo.

On 7/19/2023 at 3:43 AM, Tabris666 said:

while it isn't a bad mod is causing random crashes in certain moments,similar to several cleos i grabbed from mixmods made by junior.

as i said is not a bad mod but the random crashes are getting on my nerves and seeing how this hasn't been updated in years there is no hope for improvements.

for example the error i get is the same crash on ambience/** (random file)  removing this fixed the game so i know it was this cleo.

Or you're having mods that conflict with each other

Edited by Davve95

• 2 weeks later...
Calling Bluff

What are the values in the strings responsible for?

heightWind		: -2400	-1600	 300	 300	 000	 -70	-980		;Mont Chilliad (Windy)

-2400 -1600 300  -  coordinates

300  -  radius

000  -  ??

-70 -980  -  in a positive values, this is the playback time, but what do negative values mean?

Tell me, please! I want to add my own sounds.

• 9 months later...
Ryabaahd

Help!
Does anyone know why it lags? I mean i have an original game sounds loss during using this. I hear ambient sounds but car, gun shots, peds and other usual game sounds disapper for couple of seconds. Any suggestions to fix? I had this mod before, but now i installed it again and it lags so bad...