2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

If there was a Car Meet / Safe Zone on the Map.....

Stealthflight

Stealthflight

If there was a Car Meet / Safe Zone on the Map..... would you use it? Has this ever been brought up? It would be a spot where weapon wheels are deactivated and we could meet and show off our cars and outfits without being shot at or blown up. It would be a fun place to meet other players.

Yes theres invite only lobbies and crews but this would be a spot open to everyone.

Of course people will drive to it as a safe spot when they are being chased, like say bounty, but that would add to the appeal and fun

Any ideas on the ideal spot for car meet? I vote for the parking lot at the Pier.

I'd use this feature. I see people doing car meets in public lobbies and I'd love to go but some troll blows up the entire car meet either by car bomb or jet sweeps. I think the beach parking lot would be superb. Reminds me of the Midnight Club meets I used to go to.

• Like 3

You're damn right I'd use it.

Pier is a good call, maybe one up in Paleto Bay by Beeker's Garage... LS storm drains too, as there already is an NPC car meet there.

One of the hill roads overlooking LS would be cool too, there's a few lay-bys up there that could be nice for players to congregate and watch the sun go down.

SpuceSpringsteen

and get blown up when you come out of it?? noobs and squeakers would love this!!

If there was a Car Meet / Safe Zone on the Map..... would you use it? Has this ever been brought up? It would be a spot where weapon wheels are deactivated and we could meet and show off our cars and outfits without being shot at or blown up. It would be a fun place to meet other players.

Yes theres invite only lobbies and crews but this would be a spot open to everyone.

Of course people will drive to it as a safe spot when they are being chased, like say bounty, but that would add to the appeal and fun

Any ideas on the ideal spot for car meet? I vote for the parking lot at the Pier.

but its a good idea!!

Edited by MaidenFan

I'm in favour of this idea. Thumbs up. But it can't be in a place already used on the map, it has to be an area converted into a parking lot especially for this purpose. Think of a flat area that hasn't been used for anything before and earmark it as a safe spot. If Rockstar could implement that, it would be brilliant.

Stealthflight

You're damn right I'd use it.

Pier is a good call, maybe one up in Paleto Bay by Beeker's Garage... LS storm drains too, as there already is an NPC car meet there.

One of the hill roads overlooking LS would be cool too, there's a few lay-bys up there that could be nice for players to congregate and watch the sun go down.

Nice ! I love those ideas , esp the scenic on the hill.

I'm in favour of this idea. Thumbs up. But it can't be in a place already used on the map, it has to be an area converted into a parking lot especially for this purpose. Think of a flat area that hasn't been used for anything before and earmark it as a safe spot. If Rockstar could implement that, it would be brilliant.

If a fourth garage is coming up, I hope they implement this, Im a level 226 player with 30 million career money but I only own 5 cars. If there was a way to meet up and show off Id collect more cars, esp classic or low riders. Right now I buy whatever is practical for griefing, or events or heists, nothing for pleasure, which we need esp since low riders are on the horizon.

I've been asking for friendly lobbies for a long time, but a safe area is also a good idea, at least better than what we have now, and the parking lot near the pier would be the perfect place to show off vehicules, but I'm afraid R* expects people to keep doing car shows in invite only sessions

Edited by Gabriela_L

ersd123fastman

I'd use this feature. I see people doing car meets in public lobbies and I'd love to go but some troll blows up the entire car meet either by car bomb or jet sweeps. I think the beach parking lot would be superb. Reminds me of the Midnight Club meets I used to go to.

This happened to me and my friends when we tried hosting car meets in public sessions :(

I'd use it for sure.

But IMO, Rockstar should use a warehouse for this. Would make more sense and be safe from jets/ explosives etc.

There could be an animation just like entering your garage, but it would be a 30 car garage that anyone could enter unless you have a bounty.

The new interaction options could be available too. (open hood, doors, etc.)

• Like 3

The big parking lot by the pier would be the perfect place, great view, lit up at night, and easy to get to.

It's called passive mode use it or invite only sessions. If you get your wish you'll be complaining about campers or just General assholes that want to try to disrupt things. Save yourselves some aggrevation and use whats provided. He'll if enough like minded people wanted to they could control the lobby by voting to kick the disruptive party/parties.

Edited by TreFacTor

I can build any car any rando can build, so I don't care what you're driving and I don't care to see it. Even if you have a passive area, the trolls will just come in to ram and smash up your little car show. If I want a car meet - or any other activity with friends - we have friend, crew or invite sessions.

It shouldn't be possible to destroy a car if the owner is in passive mode. Even if he is not sitting in it.

Easiest solution in my opinion.

So everyone who is in passive mode is able to see the other passive mode players and cars clearly, not blurry.

Edited by allinclusive

I just use the parking lot of Willie's up in P. Bay.

Quiet, bright, and far away from the retard cavemen of the city proper.

• Like 3

It shouldn't be possible to destroy a car if the owner is in passive mode. Even if he is not sitting in it.

Easiest solution in my opinion.

So everyone who is in passive mode is able to see the other passive mode players and cars clearly, not blurry.

then your friend would have an indestructible Kuruma...do people even think! Edited by TreFacTor

i wouldnt use it but i think the best place would be paleto bay or sandy shores area as there isnt much that happens up there so there is a lot less killers up there.

Edited by carigun

then your friend would have an indestructible Kuruma...do people even think!

Pretty sure it would be possible to solve that problem, too.

Like if you make it possible for other people to drive your car we should be able to destroy it (only if another person but the owner is in it ofcourse).

I will camp outside of it. If you hear numerous beeps it's probably me.

And i would expect that, people like that keeps you on your toes.

Dont want a fight? Roll out in passive mode...

Edited by 2Good4U
  • Like 1

Imagine if the only way of getting to this designated 'safe' zone was along a tiny slip road or something :)

It'd be like running the gauntlet, avoiding the sticky bombs, hydras and trolls, lol.

Problem with most safe zones is the boundary is normally a prime camping spot for trolls, problem with a GTAO safe zone is the trolls outnumber everyone else so it would be more like a ring of fire than a safe zone imo.

I doubt i'd go there unless there was a good reason, especially since we can just go passive anywhere.

• Like 1

If a constant safe zone would be such a problem then the next best thing would be to have it work like the freeroam events.

If you and a group of friends wanted to have a car meet or something then all you'd have to do is wait until the game 'spawns' a safe zone on the map (most would be located around secluded areas of Los Santos) and then yous would just meet up there. The length of time that it stays for would be random, one zone may stay for 1 in game day (48 minutes) and one might only last half of a day (12 minutes).

Just my idea of how it could work, nothing special.

what about a weaponless session option?

not gonna happen.

@allinclusive

Why make another God mode glitch that takes another 6 months to fix...your idea is preposterous.

Edited by TreFacTor

I would greatly support the idea. I've never been to a car meet before, it would be fun to see other player's cars without the constant Call of Duty killing sprees

i wouldnt use it but i think the best place would be paleto bay or sandy shores area as there isnt much that happens up there so there is a lot less killers up there.

As soon as there are a multiple amount of dots browsing around in any area on the map, the people you call "killers" will be attracted enough to poop the party.

Passive like safe areas, like stated before would be a solution of some sort, as long as the ghost see through appearance isn't applied.

BamaGoodfella

Problem with most safe zones is the boundary is normally a prime camping spot for trolls, problem with a GTAO safe zone is the trolls outnumber everyone else so it would be more like a ring of fire than a safe zone imo.

I doubt i'd go there unless there was a good reason, especially since we can just go passive anywhere.

It would be worse than Martin's house was back when Rooftop Rumble was popular LOL.