2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Survivals Could Use Some Love

Cavot

Would you like to see more survivals?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see more survivals or a survival creator?

• Yes
    • No

Ever since GTA Online was released two years ago, we've only had three survivals added. This is a bit saddening to me, as survivals are quite fun to do when I'm bored. I would love to see a survival creator, as there are so many amazing areas in this game where survivals would be loads of fun. What do you all think, should survivals get a bit more attention? Are there any areas that you can think of where a survival would be fun to play?

Edited by Viper-Venom

I would indeed like to see a Survival creator, but the amount of trap survivals created would be as big as the god damn Sun.

• Like 8

I would indeed like to see a Survival creator, but the amount of trap survivals created would be as big as the god damn Sun.

By trap, do you mean trap the players or NPC? I could see boosting being a problem, but they could always implement a limit, like 3,500RP being the max you can get in 1 match.

Sentinel Driver

They could use some love yes. As of now you will lose money if you don't pass and even if you do pass ammo costs will take a big chunk out of your win

VanessaMagick

I would like a Survival creator as long as they give the payouts a big nerf with time scaling. People would design it so you can get easy $30,000 within minutes. I remember when Survivals only paid $20,000 and you had to run around actually picking up the guns.

• Like 1

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Buffing the payout woud be nice.

Further i agree...everywhere were there is a gang atack there shoud be a survival.

I woud love it if we coud use the vehicles the npc's drive though...and a survival at the millitary base

Yess!!! Ive always wanted a new survival!. Locations id recommend would be Fort Zancudo, LS Airport, FIB Building, Nudist Cult Area, Top of Mount Chilihad, Merryweather Base, one around a ls customs and definitely one around that island where you rescue that paranoid guy in the Pacific heist. Hopefully they'd be well balanced. Also anyone in my opinion who doesn't want more survivals is just a sore loser who needs to open their minds up a bit...

Rocket Skates

Would be cool to create our own Survival. But like others have said, they would need to make sure they control the way they are made so to not allow people to camp in a nice safe spot like an alleyway and just blast every NPC to hell when they spawn in front of them. Then reap a $30k reward for literally not moving for 5-10 minutes.

I like Survival but the pop-up spawning is getting more and more pathetic now.

Would love to see a fortress-type survival in the quarry or in the prison, where you have a street level disadvantage. Also, with immobile Insurgents.

Other than that, R* should use the popular Angry Planes mod as template and use it for Maze Tower Antiaircraft Defense.

I remember when Online very first came out, for like a month we'd be doing these over and over for £10k... how times have changed, I think the rounds should be unlimited and the payout goes off how far you get.

They definitely need more of them and they need to be more diverse... but please... for the love of god don't make them against zombies

id like to see more than 10 waves. like 15 where enemies show up in armed isurgents, coming with savages, tanks and whatnot. ui UI UI

• Like 3

The Lone Wanderer

they would still be boring as f*ck imo

hide somewhere

l2r2 for 30 mins

get paid 20 k after ammo costs

There was never a Vagos survival, or Merryweather. I wouldn't be against taking on Merryweather in Sandy Shores, Paleto Bay, or by El Gordo Lighthouse. In fact the latter would make it possible for them to attack players by land, air, and sea. Not to mention Merryweather using Insurgent SUV's and Pickups.

Edited by Red Lynx 23

I'd say yes to new Survival scenarios, but no to player-created ones.

As always with user-generated content, it's obvious that the majority of people can't be trusted to create balanced gameplay or compelling experiences. People who play games are very different to those who design them - just because you have access to tools doesn't automatically mean you know how to use them.

• Like 2

the potential for a Survival Creator to be exploited is only exceeded by how good it could be. there would be the obvious "LOL NPC TRAP KILL RP MILLIONS CASH FAP FAP" efforts to be avoided, the same as we do now with the DMs, but there would also be the "Mile High Construction Site" and "The O'Neils Farm".

tbh i think we should have had this ages ago, certainly before adding a Capture Creator for people to ignore and others to create Captures for everyone else to ignore.

• Like 1

We need more survivals period...I only play missions and this and maybe heists.

I would like a Survival creator as long as they give the payouts a big nerf with time scaling. People would design it so you can get easy $30,000 within minutes. I remember when Survivals only paid $20,000 and you had to run around actually picking up the guns.

No, hell, then the amount of players able to afford savages , hydras, kurumas, zentornos, t20s would be increased in number even more than they were able to afford during the 2X jobs days.IMO, these overpriced vehicles should remain esclusive to the players who are able to grind troughout heists and missions and shouldnt be affordable without at least some effort.

No, hell, then the amount of players able to afford savages , hydras, kurumas, zentornos, t20s would be increased in number even more than they were able to afford during the 2X jobs days.IMO, these overpriced vehicles should remain esclusive to the players who are able to grind troughout heists and missions and shouldnt be affordable without at least some effort.

Please tell that to the PC players.

I can see people design fenced NPC spawn points where grenades can be thrown into.

One could prevent that by randomly spawning NPCs in his fire range outside the FoV of player.

Matter fact I was thinking....why not add variety to survivals. Like Jet survivals, tank survivals, buzzard or other attack chopper survivals maybe?

• Like 1

New maps would be welcome, but we don't even use all the ones we have. I'm looking at you, Sawmill. What I would like is new enemies. All we do is shoot cops or hillbillies. And the cops don't even drop cash. Merryweather, Vagos, Ballers, whoever...just need something different to eat my bullets.

A bump up to 15 waves with more powerful enemies and vehicles would be cool, as would unlimited waves and some sort of a leaderboard. My only concerns with that would be how they adjust the payout for the increased difficulty and time spent, and the fact that they can't even figure out how to make the SUV's on the ground work right. Waiting for the stupid vehicles to get to the pier on the Del Perro one or despawn because they are stuck at the end is just brutal.

Would love survival in a building. But for it to be interesting, they might have to create a new interior because I don't know if any of the current buildings have a large enough layout to do survival.

Seriously, all of the missions in both single player + online that take place inside of buildings are my favorite. GTA5 has such smooth and satisfying combat, but it's never seen much most of the time because, well, we have RPGs, miniguns, and sticky bombs.

• Like 1

Would love survival in a building. But for it to be interesting, they might have to create a new interior because I don't know if any of the current buildings have a large enough layout to do survival.

Seriously, all of the missions in both single player + online that take place inside of buildings are my favorite. GTA5 has such smooth and satisfying combat, but it's never seen much most of the time because, well, we have RPGs, miniguns, and sticky bombs.

Well, at least those weapons bring some variety to pvp combats

I loved survivals back in the day when I was in a good crew and we all had mics. Now they're just an excuse to spend time with randoms who cannot kill me.

My favourite is Sawmill but folk don't wanna play that one for some reason.

I'm not bothered about the money factor. In fact I dial up the back-up helicopter...twice.