2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Guru Fijis

Johnny K's downfall real or important? [Spoilers]

Johnny's death: Happy or not?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Are you glad that Johnny is dead in gta 5?

• yes
    • no

jatiger13

most voice actors for video games don't know what the outcome of what they read is, there usually is not a cohesive 'script' in the same sense as a stage play.

Ehm, cut scenes will have a cohesive script. Otherwise, the voice actor wouldn't know how much "emotion" to put in it. If there was no script, it would just turn out to sound like bland, poorly voiced lines

Fuzzknuckles

most voice actors for video games don't know what the outcome of what they read is, there usually is not a cohesive 'script' in the same sense as a stage play.

Ehm, cut scenes will have a cohesive script. Otherwise, the voice actor wouldn't know how much "emotion" to put in it. If there was no script, it would just turn out to sound like bland, poorly voiced lines

And that's why they have directors, to tell them how much "emotion" to put in.

Screenplays and scripts are often really disjointed. Some actors might not really understand the context of the lines they're delivering until they see the whole thing in its final state. This is predominantly the case for animation and other VO work, rather than physical acting, where the actors have the context of the visuals around them. If you can't see what you're doing and just delivering a sequence of lines in a vocal booth, alone, without any other actors around, it can be much less cohesive.

At least that's what I've heard in interviews and stuff, I don't know, I'm not a VOA.

ChiroVette

I think a lot of the voice acting takes place in studios and that more often than not, when characters have to run lines together because of in-scene interactions, they are in the studio playing their parts together as they would in a play or TV show.

Honker1944

I saw it long time ago but I haven't wrote anything. So about his downfall. His story in TLAD was going to his destrukcion: love to junkie Ashley, listening orders from that moron Bill and civil war in his own gang. All traces show that he is going down.

So I am happy after johny's death. No I can't be happy. Becouse this death seems retarded. How it should be then?

Johny meet with Trevor

Enterprices (Ron and rest of olsen gang) on drug deal then he gets shoot from sniper rifle. After that canadian asshole could load body on his truck and deliver it to lost gang as declaration of war. Next mc decides to burn Phillips trailer to the ground so Townley student must escape to LS. IN ending C all Klebitz brothers would died. Opposite to that in ending A Franklin make a deal with Terry and they together make T pay for his crimes. So Lost could watch burning trevor. After that Lost MC became close allies for Franklin and Famillies.

That endings would satisficted me fully.

Edited by Honker1944

Niobium

Fact: R* kills off every protagonist from their past games.

normally i try to be as polite as i can on GTAF..... but you're a god damn idiot.

iiCriminnaaL 49

Not really pissed off because of his death, but I am disappointed of the way he died. If he died in a big boss battle, as Trevor's main antagonist, rather than that no one Cheng, that could've the best way to kill his character off; because beside the fact that Johnny is a badass biker president who broke into Alderney State's prison and smoked (in help of Terry and Clay) all of its well armed guards, just to kill one man, that might be a better advertising way for Trevor than a murder with a bottle and boot. Johnny and Trevor could've been WAY more appreciated that way. Hell, even Victor Vance has a better death.

Out of topic: I don't understand the hate Johnny gets. Many people think that he was the least interesting protagonist and/or not worth playing as. Everyone have their opinions anyway. However, despite Johnny's based story being short (as it's a DLC), he got enough in-depth and personality as many other protagonists.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

TheSantader25

They didn't have to put this feature in the game. Trevor already had enough moments to show him as a badass. However I can't deny that I enjoyed the heck out of it. I actually Hated Trevor ever since I watched his introduction Trailer. I thought he is gonna be JUST AN INSANE REDNECK. he was. But he had more depth to his personality than I thought so I slowly began to like him throughout the story and killing Johnny did help. 

But I would like a boss fight with Johnny more than killing him in a cutscene. 

Sentinel Driver

Pragmatically speaking Johnny was a victim of poor and lazy writing by r*

that’s all

Jerking For Soup

Genius level writing from C* to kill off Johnny. No known reason other than to make a one-dimensional character appeal to the kids.

Edward Nashton

Eh, I got over it pretty quick. That infamous scene can actually serve as an educational tool when explaining to someone the state of Rockstar and it’s attitude towards single player - Trevor is Rockstar after seeing the figures GTAO pulled in from microtransactions for the first time, and Johnny is single player asking Rockstar to please stop f*cking the fanbase. You guys know what happens from there.

Great Britain

TLAD was probably one of the more grimy title in the franchise. It has it's fan base, but not a whole lot to be completely honest. I myself found that dlc a little "meh". Story line and how it was integrated to the original one along with the other two was great, don't get me wrong but I just couldn't feel that connect with Johnny. And maybe that was the case with a lot of others as well. It has always been my opinion that, as sadistic as the people in R* are,  pretty sure they found Johnny to be expendable and slapped his death onto the fan base as a means of extracting revenge or mocking everyone as a result of that particular dlc (tlad) not being hugely popular. You can expect all this from a puerile company with a history of going after people who don't really find what they do either interesting or lawful and from a company or parent company for that matter, who believe in selling out to shark card sales over something that made this franchise what it is today, SP.   

Laker23
On 7/22/2018 at 1:18 PM, Sentinel Driver said:

Pragmatically speaking Johnny was a victim of poor and lazy writing by r*

that’s all

Pretty much this.

I guess it shouldn't be surprising considering the writing for SP in this game was a steaming pile of sh*t.

Obligatory f*ck Online.

iiCriminnaaL 49

I would go with the theory that Johnny might've acted against his word, returning Ashley and addicting to crystal again, due to the fact that he was broken at the end of TLaD's story, with Jim gone and the Alderney chapter done, especially if we take in count that TLaD's events are prior to GTA V's by five years, so Johnny could've changed in terms of his relationship with Ashley and addiction to meth.

But what's really questionable is turning him into a pussy who calms down just after being nearly blown up on Trevor for screwing with Ashley, apologizing and hugging him. He didn't have to get a heroic death, but at least, he should've gone in a gunfight.

TheSantader25
5 minutes ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

But what's really questionable is turning him into a pussy who calms down just after being nearly blown up on Trevor for screwing with Ashley, apologizing and hugging him. He didn't have to get a heroic death, but at least, he should've gone in a gunfight.

That's what meth does. It's up there with the most horrible drugs you can take. 

ThatKyloRenGuy

As someone who used to be like this, this is my forever song in relation to the death of Johnny Klebitz as well as endings A and B.

I really do love myself some Johnny Klebitz and do agree that his death was a bit half assed. Same goes for the optional deaths of Trevor and Michael. But seriously, it’s 2018 and people are STILL whining and complaining over all three things. We need to just treat them like past mistakes and move on!