2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

what happens when you meet a player who won't mind their business?

hugh750

what do you do when you encounter a player who'll not mind their business?

as in you're minding your own business when shopping or just looking at something in the city or countryside?

i usually try to get even to let them know i don't put up with being killed while minding my own business even though it usually ends up going bad for me. :lol:

getting killed or pv getting blown up.

Edited by ~Tiger~
fixed title

If someone dares to disturb me, I'll grief everyone in the session.

Neil-deGrasse-Tyson-we-got-a-bad-ass-ove

OT : Follow me if you want,I don't bite.If you wanna kill me once its no biggie but expect me to be in Passive afterwards

Edited by VikDarkbomb
  • Like 19

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

im getting more and more paranoid to be fair

last year someone coud drive passed me in a high end sport car and live....these days if im on foot and you enter within the range of my auto shotgun you probably die unless i have the high ground and youre realy driving at the other end of a 2 way street

any player disturbing me for real just makes me more paranoid :)

seriously, buy a mic and tell in english youre not gonna kill me.....if not....get the f*ck away from me you bunch of creeps :p

so yea, conclusion, unless im in a battle that never realy happens anymore since i don't allow it....it goes from peacefull quickly to straight out fighting

• Like 3

Captain Sensib1e

Tanks. Passive mode on/off. Suicide. Off radar. Muggers. Splosives spamming. Karama. etc., etc.,

• Like 1

VanessaMagick

Depends how obvious it is. Sometimes, I'll be, say, in a clothing store that nobody really goes to (like the Harmony clothes store) and then somebody will pull up, neatly park the car next to mine, and have this curious sudden need to buy clothes. they'll go into a clothes menu, then exit it, go into another clothes menu elsewhere, exit out of it... all the while never actually changing their clothes. Weirdos.

On the other hand if I'm in the middle of nowhere and a random-ass dot is very deliberately going out of their way to get me, then I'm going to shoot first.

• Like 5

Account made in 2008 and still can't figure out how long a thread title can be? Come on! :p
*edit*
It got fixed! Yay for mods!

OT: It honestly depends on the killfeed of the lobby. If I'm in Paleto and everyone is killing one another in the city, I'll stay out of Passive Mode and do my own stuff without worrying, even if others show up. Now if I'm in the city and everyone is doing the GTA:O ritual of painting the streets red, I'll most likely be in Passive. But that Paleto scenario also depends on how many show up. 1-2 guys? No problem. 2-3 with an Insurgent or two in one car? That smells like danger. If they each have their PV, white dots and don't ram one another too much, I know it's a bunch of friends racing around. Your best bet is to holster any weapons, use your mic if you have one to signify you're not a threat and just mind your own business. If they honk near your parked car it signifies they want to race - that's my favorite when it happens. Sadly, it happened rarely as I typically end up shot up outside the store. So yeah, depends on the situation. If I'm alone out there I'll do my own stuff but if I'm near others that aren't a white dot I'll most likely be in Passive.

I remember the GTA:O launch trailer where everyone shown on the screen was friendly. Cars racing, jet not shooting the cars and the guy in the apartment wasn't getting buzzed every 5 seconds by a dude outside. A perfect image but a lie. A lie, I tell you! I want to see that trailer recreated where the money van is blown up, guys rush to take the cash but the guy behind him double-crosses him with a sticky. The submarine rises out of the water only to get shot by a Buzzard because that bastard had a bounty and was hiding. The car being customized is immediately blown up the second it comes out of the LS Customs. Now that would be entertaining.

Edited by livejoker

Usually I'll go Passive.

If they try to kill me through Passive (#old-genProblems) or block me in a store I'll change sessions. There's never really a reason for me to stay in a particular lobby.

If I'm in the mood and have time and ammo to waste I'll fight back and usually win. If they retaliate, I'll bury them and try to force them to spend as much money trying to keep a neutral/positive K/D (since they likely care more about that then they should). I'll keep ordering expensive cars for them to blow up and/or give them some Merryweather and Mugger headaches.

If someone wants to fight me while I'm minding my own business and doesn't stop after one, I'll do what I can to cost them in the 6-figures and have more deaths than kills.

• Like 1

LightningLord

what do you do when you encounter a player who'll not mind their business?

xQNpfD2.jpg
  • Like 3

IcOqQpq.gif

If they kill, I'll grief them to teach a lesson. If they chill then I chill.

• Like 3

I wont shoot first, however if you dare to kill me randomly and not apologize in chat for it you will get spawn killed until you apologize.(like littraly)

Edited by XenoxX
  • Like 1

Depends on how they don´t mind their own business.If someone is peaceful and just hanging around me and following me around,I don´t mind it.If they attack me,I fight back.

• Like 1

Kill me once, shame on you. Kill me twice, shame on me.

I will wait to see what your intentions are before going on my way. If you shoot though anything's fair.

• Like 4

Whoever tries to kill me will taste the "popcorns" popping out of my Advanced Rifle

Trolling and griefing may also apply depending on my mood.

Kill me once, shame on you. Kill me twice, shame on me.

I will wait to see what your intentions are before going on my way. If you shoot though anything's fair.

Never thought to apply this life motto to GTA:O - turns out it works great.

Wish more players had your mindset, would make everyone more civil...well, until the guns come out.

If someone dares to disturb me, I'll grief everyone in the session.

lmao, this made laugh a lot for some reason.

I use the point emote. There's something about that emote that really bothers people. They usually go away, or stop following.

• Like 4

Misanthrope Z

if i'm in a clothing store/ammunation/anywhere where you buy sh*t, i'll always enable passive first before entering. just in case some doofus is feeling lucky, thinking he'll get an easy kill off me, by forcing me out of the menu after shooting the store clerk.

after that, i'll still feel provoked, so i'll walk around them and observe them just to get an idea of what i can get away with

if they seem easy enough, i'll just pop out of passive mode and auto-shotty them

if they seem cautious, i'll just stay in passive mode, wait for them to f*ck off and then stalk them from a distance until i feel it's a good time to kill them

if they manage to get far away from me, i will chase them all the way around the map until i kill them. i'll even call muggers and mercenaries just to slow them down. :beerhat:

• Like 1

gta_psychedelic

Well I suck at 1-on-1s, it's laughable my KD is like 0.9, when it should be like the KD of some guy who joined a heist I was running, 0.02, something like that.

I'm usually not good enough to retaliate.

Now that liv joker mentioned the launch trailer, I had to take a look at it, for the first time, today, for real.

To be honest I tried GTAO just because but never paid much attention (I even thought "jobs" were like you would pick a medic or engineer or whatever at the start then you'd do criminal activities at night). That trailer is so ridiculous. I mean, I would LOVE for that to be the real experience, a bunch of guys having fun, going against what "we're supposed to be" against: cops, merryweather, etc. But it's rare to see some guy fighting cops in the middle on city and have people appear and join the fun and maybe offer a lending hand and try and escape a 5-star wanted level. All you'd see is people appearing and then killing the guy.

Im paranoid nowadays like someone mentioned, more than before. I see a dot approaching and I hide behind something, take my fav weapon and wait. Sometimes they drive-by and just honk, sometimes they leave. Sometimes they get out the car and pull out their gun and that's when I know I have a couple of seconds to spray them.

If the dot is red then I'm almost always finger on the trigger I ain't taking sh*t from no nigga.

Last night I was coming out from a failed heist setup and this guy sprayed me as soon as we were in free mode (ya know, the usual cheap kill when you didn't take precaution to go passive before the heist invite). So I followed him for fun and killed him a couple times. He got into a clothes shop and I was so ready for it (and this is maybe the off topic or on topic part, however you see it) and minding my own business, when somebody appears (level 180, I'm ~40 with my second char) and I get distracted and this new guy kills me. Then the guy on the clothes shop runs away while I'm respawning and I have to resort to just stay for the 1-on-1. Managed to snipe kill the new guy twice, but he started using rockets and minigun on me, so I went passive mode. Then he went after my Inferno and blew it up. Call insurance, call mechanic, 30 seconds later car besides me again so no problem. But he texts me something like "laxio" or whatever which I think is portuguese for scum, or n00b, or something. But what was I to do, I wanted to play with the other guy and he just comes to our little war zone to screw things up. I then went to ammunation and in the middle of buying he shot the guy, because he ran away (but since I had the menu opened I could still shop, so joke's on you). Then he keeps on harassing until desists and starts going away. I disable passive mode, and put a 9k bounty on him, and switch sessions. Yeah... that's my other way of dealing with people, bounty and bye bye. Money is never an issue for me so I'm good (and not like 9k is a lot but I've seen people telling others that they have no money for ammo even.. whaaaa?), and I know a bounty is bothersome (some may enjoy it tho') because you'll have a lot of unexpected visitors wherever you go.

Edited by gta_psychedelic

CrysisAverted

I take a course at my local college about computer science, continue my higher learning until I get my degree and then put my knowledge to good use and hack the motherf*cker

• Like 1

I usually kill everyone on sight, unless they're my friends/crew members or we've been doing heists/missions together, Public FR sessions are like a huge deathmatch. If you want to shop/mod your card, whatever, do it in a private lobby or enable passive mode.

They usually die.

Repeatedly.

this.

unless they are cannon spammers or tumbling bumbling idiots.

at which point, i just go passive mode at the first death and continue on with my business.

Edited by bronysplatter