2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[C#] Natural Motion Messages

ISOFX

Hello, does anyone know why only a few natural motion messages work? this is my code below but im not sure why only a few work like number "1151" and "372" work and no others do. when i try using a different one they just fall to the ground. Anyone know how to fix this?

list of Natural Motion Messages: http://gtaforums.com/topic/817563-v-euphorianaturalmotion-messages/

Function.Call(Hash.SET_PED_TO_RAGDOLL, Game.Player.Character, 4000, 5000, 1, 1, 1, 0);Function.Call(Hash.CREATE_NM_MESSAGE, true, 1019);Function.Call(Hash.GIVE_PED_NM_MESSAGE, Game.Player.Character);

Edited by ISOFX

Are you giving them the NM message # 0 first, to clear all their other NM tasks? I tested it so that my gravity gun mod would make peds go ragdoll and give them 2 random NM messages every time I picked them up. There were a ton of messages that would do nothing, but there were definitely more than just #1151 and #372 that did work. If you gave them a NM message they could work with, they would do it for the length of time they were supposed to be ragdolled for in the call to SET_PED_TO_RAGDOLL, and then they would do the stand-up animation (even if they were flying through the air). If I set the ragdoll length to a really long time, they would do the NM action for a long time and would get up soon after they hit the ground. But if I did the same thing after giving them a "bad" NM message, they would just lie on the ground ragdolled for the rest of the duration specified in the SET_PED_TO_RAGDOLL call. I tried giving them a short duration and using "reset ragdoll timer" native, but it just seemed to make the whole thing more buggy

Anyway, I remember getting them to stumble for a really long time by using the NM message #753 - leg stiffness. Probably all the ones marked with "stiffness" can do this. Most of the messages seemed to make the ped flail their arms and legs around in midair.

Are you giving them the NM message # 0 first, to clear all their other NM tasks? I tested it so that my gravity gun mod would make peds go ragdoll and give them 2 random NM messages every time I picked them up. There were a ton of messages that would do nothing, but there were definitely more than just #1151 and #372 that did work. If you gave them a NM message they could work with, they would do it for the length of time they were supposed to be ragdolled for in the call to SET_PED_TO_RAGDOLL, and then they would do the stand-up animation (even if they were flying through the air). If I set the ragdoll length to a really long time, they would do the NM action for a long time and would get up soon after they hit the ground. But if I did the same thing after giving them a "bad" NM message, they would just lie on the ground ragdolled for the rest of the duration specified in the SET_PED_TO_RAGDOLL call. I tried giving them a short duration and using "reset ragdoll timer" native, but it just seemed to make the whole thing more buggy

Anyway, I remember getting them to stumble for a really long time by using the NM message #753 - leg stiffness. Probably all the ones marked with "stiffness" can do this. Most of the messages seemed to make the ped flail their arms and legs around in midair.

Yes, I've tried to put 0 which clears all tasks but it doesn't seem to make them work. I have tried about nearly 100 different ones and all I get is my player falling to the floor with his arms out. There's only like 2 out of 1000 which work. :( Edited by ISOFX