2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Always alone in Online sessions, Can't join friends... HELP...&#33

arnorjons

I have been playing my GTA Online for months, and I haven't changed anything regarding my settings in my PS4, the router, my NAT settings are at type 2 which is supposed to be okay. All of a sudden three days ago Everyone left the session at the same time when I was playing, and I haven't been able to join a session since then except when I can join, I am alone in the session, and I can't join my friends, or invite them to my session...

I wasn't doing anything wrong in the game, I was hovering in a fighter jet from the Army base, got shot down, and then this happened about 5 minutes later.

I live in Dubai, and my first thought was that since the game is banned in the UAE that the goverment here blocked the ports the game uses, but I think that's highly unlikely since I haven't found ANYTHING regarding this matter in any forums from anyone in Dubai in the last days.

I hope you guys can tell me what happened, because I have tried everything... I checked all my internet hardware, followed every instruction in the article from RS on their support site, and checked the NAT settings on my PS 4. Nothing works..

Since no settings have ever been changed in my hardware I am fresh out of ideas what happened to my game.. Can anyone give me answers...? Please....

Every now and then I believe ocassionally players are left in a session on their own (everyone leaves) when there is a connection error. However if friends on your friends list appear but have no rank next to their name, it my be because of different NAT type. I play on NAT Type 3 which is the most secure I believe and have only had this problem once. Sometimes players might take longer to join sessions or jobs. If you can't invite them due to the "This player hasn't been through the GTA Online tutorial" message, sometimes resetting your PS4 and internet may solve the issue. I could be completely wrong, but based on my experiences with this issue, this is what seemed to fix it :)

The thing is I haven't been able to join a session with anybody in three days.. I always turn up alone in a session, and nothing seems to work.

DentureDynamite

^^ I strongly suspect where you live, and not your network connection/hardware has something to do with it.

I have even set up a smart DNS, and that does not work. Working on a VPN now. If that fails it is definetly NOT on my end, because I have tried everything!

Hi,

I have the same issue as you.

I have a PS4 and am in Dubai. Unlike you, I've pretty much always been in empty worlds (been here 2 months). Sometimes I've been in busy worlds, but am kicked within 20 mins. I used to be able to play missions but now all other players are kicked when the job starts. About a week ago, I could't even do missions and have been lonley ever since.

After extensive research, I believe that the problem is that the ISP is blocking one of the ports needed for matchmaking. Getting online works fine & the world is fine with no lag. It is just the matchmaking at issue.

If you look for this, you will see that it is a common problem accross the world. The issue seems to be with particular ISPs: I have seen complaints from US and European customers who all have the same ISP. The way to fix this has been for them to contact their ISP and ask them to assign them a static IP & unblock ports for that IP. I dont fancy asking that here.

If you look here: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200525767-GTA-Online-Connection-Troubleshooting

it tells you that a lot of ports are needed to be opened for GTA to matchmake properly the ports are:

• TCP Ports: 80, 443, 465, 983, 1935, 3478, 3479, 3480, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
  • UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, and 10070

(for PSN) and

• TCP Ports: 80, 443
  • UDP Ports: 6672, 61455, 61457, 61456, and 61458

(for GTA5)

I tried DMZ and port forwarding in the router to no avail.

I presume one of the ports is blocked by the ISP firewall. Most likley UDP 6672, 61455-61458 (as PSN works fine).

So, i hooked up my PS4 to a VPN and connected fine and got online but still empty lobbies! After looking into this, the VPN server I am connecting to doesn't have all of the ports open (for security). I have been in touch with them and this issue applies to GTA5, Call of Duty and The Last of Us. They said that the PS3 worked fine via VPN but that the PS4 is causing issues (presumably because so many ports need to be opened). They are looking into the possibility of opening the ports but you can understand their reluctance to open any more than is strictly necissary.

I am now convinced that a VPS is the way forward here as you can open the ports.

Hope this helps a little!