2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

I try and try but cannot fulfill that epic GTA IV online experience

rayman617

I mean GTAO has a sh*t ton more to do than playing GTA IV online but I can never find that sweet spot where you just get lost in how fun the game is. I had a really good 5 to 6 year run playing GTA IV online. It was filled with countless epic moments and hijinks but I just can't find that pure fun factor in GTAO. Anyone else feel this way?

• Like 3

Nope. Honestly I don't even understand the complaint. Free mode in this game basically is GTA IV's online experience but better (at minimum, the spawning is better); all the other stuff to do is optional.

Nope. Honestly I don't even understand the complaint. Free mode in this game basically is GTA IV's online experience but better (at minimum, the spawning is better); all the other stuff to do is optional.

That's because GTA IV can be likened to fine wine and not everyone can appreciate the full richness of the experience. Sorry to say but on the other hand GTAO is comparable to cheap vodka.

there were no goals or punishment or in IV multiplayer, getting loose in that game was easy...

gtao with it "economy", restrictions, badsport and the lack of lobby options can be less fun than IV.

• Like 3

SeveralChickens

I loved IV's multiplayer, I really did, but GTA online is leaps and bounds a better experience IMO.

• Like 5

GTA IV is better than GTAO because of the fun gamemodes and fewer glitches than his successor

GTAO is better than GTA IV because of the ability to buy "unique" cars in the in-game internet and more fun gamemodes;but it becomes an horrible experience when the online gaming bullsh*t kicks in.Every lobby is full of kids,hackers,weird glitches,etc

Edited by Arachne

Gta IV online or offline was a piece of garbage. Never was I so let down by a game until I play that crap.

• Like 1

GTA IV had (has) some positives, some that I wish GTAO had, but it's not all rosy.

I gave IV's multiplayer a full 6 months and just go so bored with it but that was also back in 2008.

How much was added to it in the last 7 years?

That's because GTA IV can be likened to fine wine and not everyone can appreciate the full richness of the experience. Sorry to say but on the other hand GTAO is comparable to cheap vodka.

Allllrighty then. Would it kill you to supply some actual arguments about what you liked in IV that you feel is missing in GTA:O?

Ah screw it, I don't care. I'd rather play GTA:O than reply to this thread.

Final thought from me on this subject: I played GTA IV's multiplayer about a dozen times total and never liked it at all, though I really wanted to. Airport spawnkill fest with bad netcoding - no thank you, sir.

Edited by Nutduster
  • Like 2

I hate when I get killed for no reason in GTAO. In GTA IV online i didn't mind, I would just kill them back or mow them down with a chopper and it was fun, at least you didn't get punished for killing other players like you do in GTAO. GTA IV online basically was just one big fun deathmatch. In GTAO you just grind to get money and buy fancy cars and fancy apartments...

Not saying GTAO isn't fun, it IS very fun, but i had more fun playing gta 4

Edited by Viciadogames

Miss Malevolent

I hate when I get killed for no reason in GTAO. In GTA IV online i didn't mind, I would just kill them back or mow them down with a chopper and it was fun, at least you didn't get punished for killing other players like you do in GTAO.

You aren't killed for no reason in GTAO. The other person had a reason to kill you. You have served a purpose.

I've never been to bad sport and definitely not for killing a person. Or killing a person over and over and over and over (you get the idea) again.

Stop the hyperbole.

• Like 3

I hate when I get killed for no reason in GTAO. In GTA IV online i didn't mind, I would just kill them back or mow them down with a chopper and it was fun, at least you didn't get punished for killing other players like you do in GTAO.

You aren't killed for no reason in GTAO. The other person had a reason to kill you. You have served a purpose.

I've never been to bad sport and definitely not for killing a person. Or killing a person over and over and over and over (you get the idea) again.

Stop the hyperbole.

I'm not being hyperbolic, those were just my two cents.

Oh and yes, I was killed for no reason... numerous times

Edited by Viciadogames

That's just your little opinion, dude.

I've been away from GTAO for 6 or 7 months, but I had great moments with it. Plenty of fun, that's why I'm returning to it :)

You know you can still play iv right? So what are you waiting for?

Oh I get it...you'd rather troll here than play at the airport in IV.

Edited by TreFacTor
  • Like 7

Stop the hyperbole.

I kill players for no reason all the time : oD

• Like 1

SeveralChickens

Stop the hyperbole.

It's true. Simply existing at all is enough of a reason.

• Like 1

Which one gets me f*cked up faster? Probably the vodka. Choosing that everyday of the week over IV.

Blasterman4EVER

I fail to comprehend your dilemma.

GTA V (which includes GTAO) > ALL.

Edited by Blasterman4EVER

If GTAO can't fulfill that "epic" GTA4 miltiplayer experience, then why aren't you playing GTA4 multiplayer instead of complaining about it?

Edited by Awesom-0
  • Like 2

No, I played IV's multiplayer and it was just a big deathmatch nothing else .. GTAO is obviously better (at least for me).

NO, thats just nostalgia

go back to IV and see how sh**ty it was

Edited by Arazern
  • Like 2

why would you expect the same experience from new opportunity?

stop living in the past OP.

the future is awesome

• Like 2