Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,147 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Classified Cruisers

Original Light

Goddamn, it's weird seeing a semi truck cab on a pickup chassis

https://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/6057156041.html

For some reason that reminds me of the cigarette truck used during a mission in Mafia 2.

MLB

Our friend is selling their 2002 CL500 Mercedes.

As sad as it is to see it go, here is a great opportunity for anyone in Australia looking for a pristine condition early 2000's Mercedes.

The car has won best in class for the past 3 years along with best car in show.

The car was originally bought at Mercedes Benz Sydney and is a one owner vehicle.

Everything is original and in showroom condition, they only ever used the car for the weekends, hence the low kms and always garaged.

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Mercedes-Benz-CL500-2002/OAG-AD-14561566/?Cr=2

Personal photos (Mercedes-Benz Club NSW Incorporated Hydro Majestic and the Blue Mountains drive 2016)

UjfRHiY.jpg

NmDj2ob.jpg

Edited by MGT86

sivispacem

That looks super tidy, but I wouldn't touch an early noughties Mercedes with a sh*tty stick. Abysmal build quality, horrendous electrics and rust literally everywhere.

I don't know much about the Aussie market for big Mercs either but that price looks nuts to me. £22k for a 15 year old CL500 is crazy. A reasonably tidy one can be had for £3k. Three grand! An absolutely mint car from a dealer is about £5k.

To put that into context, a 57 plate CL63 from a dealer, admittedly leggier at 87k, but with full Mercedes service history is £20k. A spotless 2009 CL500 with 25k on the clock, £21k.

MLB

A couple of major contributing factors are overinflation and taxes, hence why a 15 yr old Mercedes is 22k pounds.

Living in Australia, in general, costs more to live than most places in the world. Luxury goods in Australia also cost nearly double the price of what it would cost elsewhere and brand snobbery is a problem over here too.

For instance

A base C200 Mercedes will roughly set you back in Australia at 71k (Aud) (on road).

A Louis Vuitton Vernis handbag will set you back $4300 (Aud).

I'll provide a few articles for those of you interested in researching the Australian market of goods.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/luxury-brands-boom-on-back-of-suvs/news-story/5d9bc09c4ce3cde994270c494e025742

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/australia-tax-how-youre-being-ripped-off-on-everything-from-technology-to-cars-to-clothes/news-story/7c7b892a3bbf86760b32d925db58016a

http://thenewdaily.com.au/money/your-budget/2014/03/05/everything-australia-expensive/

Pat

I like older Jag sedans but he's crazy if he thinks anyone is going to pay that for one that's been sitting for so long. The demand for those things is almost non-existent, and for that price you could probably find one that's been well taken care of and has actually been driven since their listing was posted. Seems like a case of the owner thinking, "it's a semi-uncommon car with relatively low mileage, so it must be worth a fortune."

As for my contribution, I think I've found my dream car:

https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/-accfcd4e-53f5-d806-e053-e250040a5e08?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=soc&utm_campaign=shared-private-listing

0311393822014.jpg

0311393822015.jpg

0311393822011.jpg

It's interesting to me that the leather in that interior is tan and brown. Mine was light grey and dark grey, and all the other highlines I've seen have been the same color as mine. I didn't even know they were offered in other colors. Shame it's an automatic, but I guess even on the European models, the auto 745is outnumbered the manuals for whatever reason. Edit: or maybe the European highlines were exclusively automatics, like their equivalent American L7s.

Edited by Pat

sivispacem

Is it just the angle of that second pic or is it sitting a bit low at the back?

Pat

I think it's more the fact that older Bimmers in general have smaller fender gaps in the rear than they do in the front. That looks like an average E23 suspension to me.

Edited by Pat

Flachbau

'86 Dodge Omni GLHS, I've never seen one of these listed for sale before. Pretty cool! I would like to see more of the interior though..

00707_2RH0t8DAcnI_1200x900.jpg

00Z0Z_6FYsIfEJGAs_1200x900.jpg

Flachbau

The same Sierra RS Cosworth I saw at Greenwich C&C a while back is now up for sale. Says it was just imported to the US in June, which means that the C&C was one of the first events it attended here on our soil. It's gorgeous in person!

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-ford-sierra-rs-cosworth/

59640efe054c1_0Y7A7619-620x372.jpg

0Y7A7832-620x413.jpg

0Y7A7434-620x413.jpg

Gamerjman19

I feel like I want this car, don't need it but want it. Price seems fair. How practical would it be as a daily though? I can only afford 1 car.

Had this same thought with a 1995 3000GT I saw for sale. I didn't get it because I thought I should save my money since I already have a car.

Edited by Gamerjman19

Pat

An SC400 certainly isn't impractical, but that price is questionable. I suppose it really depends on if that's CAD or USD; if it's CAD, that's a decent starting price assuming they're willing to negotiate, but if it's USD that's way too high. Personally I don't see the appeal in an automatic SC400, but they are reliable cars and they seem pretty comfortable for a daily. I think you could do much better in that price range, though.

Edited by Pat

epoxi

I feel like I want this car, don't need it but want it. Price seems fair. How practical would it be as a daily though? I can only afford 1 car.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1243109328&siteLocale=en_CA&requestSource=b

Cheap aftermarket wheels, peeling fake chrome trim on door frame, ripped seat. For this age and calibre of car I'd prefer to have the peace of mind that the car was cared for, before committing to it as a daily driver.

Edited by epoxi

sivispacem

Add to the above- cloudy lights, filthy engine bay. Wouldn't touch it with someone else's.

The Hippie

Okay, thanks for the input guys. I'll probably avoid it for now unless I feel like test driving it for fun. In the meantime I'll keep cruising the classifieds.

P.S. I looked up this dealer on google street view and I see the same sc400 sitting there in June 2014. That has to be bad news.

Pat

175K really doesn't scare me when looking at Bimmers and Mercs. I've seen plenty of examples of both easily over 300K, and more than a few over 400K. And that's just in terms of petrol engines, but if this was a diesel I doubt you'd still consider those miles to be high. If it's been taken care of, it seems like a bargain to me.

Edited by Pat

Pat

This one's a bit different since I saw it while driving past instead of in a classified ad, but it's too good not to share in here.

20171014_114128.jpg

A turbo charged 5-speed manual Volvo 740 with ~150K miles for f*cking $600. Runs, drives and has cold A/C, the only issues are a leaking heater core (which to be fair, is a bitch of a job), a tie rod end, the seats desperately need to be replaced, and... well, it's ugly. I mean, I think 740s look cool as sh*t, but this one has rough paint on the car and even the wheels, it's got some cracked trim pieces, etc. Still, for $600 this is a f*cking bargain. Even had the clutch replaced a few years ago.

If I didn't already have the L7 taking up space I would have bought this on the spot. Even now, I've got the phone number saved in my phone and I'm so tempted to call it. f*ck.

Edited by Pat

owl-man

A rare tuning special GT-R by Tommy Kaira:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Skyline-2001/SSE-AD-4808461/?Cr=3

cp5347664149039676480.jpg?pxc_method=fitcp5048288410865402382.jpg?pxc_method=fit

Or this single owner 550 Barchetta

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Ferrari-550-Maranello-2001/OAG-AD-14512297/?Cr=23\

c047d71a617be1d3df3d2bf1832c8d90.jpg?pxc

Or on import auction sites, cars like this highly out of fashion Veilside Fortune Supra that is going up for sale soon:

FBj8Dxe.jpgLnV6CnZ.jpg

What makes it interesting? It only has 26000km on the clock, with the possibility of a slew of period performance upgrades under the hood. Not one for purists but maybe one for period correctness nuts.

On the more tasteful and collectable side of things, a Tommy Kaira 25R is going up to the auction block tomorrow:

fUWYp6e.pngzqiqq8C.png

http://www.j-spec.com.au/auction/SEVS/1999-Nissan-Skyline-9455865.html

Edited by Captain Owlfeg

sivispacem

Glad this topic is back. It's smart and looks to be in good nick, but let down by a couple of things, not least the Tiptragic box and that godawful spoiler. I like the turbo twists though.

owl-man

That’s a dope looking Koenig, I thought the Testarossa was hot but damn.

sivispacem

Prices on E39s are climbing so that looks dangerously, dangerously cheap. I've seen S62B50 engines sell for more than that.

epoxi

There's so much Armor All on the engine cover, I can see my reflection.

Zyo

Lovely example, interesting (in a good way) history... I'd love to have one of these after driving a slighter later model Mercury Grand Marquis for a while, It was a car I still really miss. And I love attainable, useable classics. This one is a Florida one owner 23 years, owned by a US naval officer and brought to the UK form Florida, someone has aquired it briefly afterwards and is now available at £4.500

9548956.jpg

9548960.jpg

9548964.jpg

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C942599