2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

When am i supposed to Hang Out?!

Progeekzy

I am trying to pro longue this play though, get as much play time as i can because it will probably be my last play through for a long while, 6 months or more.

I am trying to do hang outs with everyone as the story progresses. But it seems every time i try to hang out i cant because "there is stuff to do" and its getting rather annoying. I go do the mission that is preventing me from having Michael hang out with Trevor, then one pops up that prevents Michael and Franklin from hangin out. WHy put in a game mechanic that i can only fully use at the end of the game?

I'm certain it's possible. But I never really tried it out nor knew this was a thing, I just went straight to the point with the missions.

To answer your question, I have no idea.

slimeball supreme

Well, I don't know.

That's kinda dumb.

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

If you have all three characters go to the same location (keep character-swapping regularly so they don't drift too far off course) they'll encounter each other at said location. One will ask the others if they fancy doing something. There are some great conversations to be heard in the car when the three of them are present.

I just put Michael and Franklin in the same area. Micheal said "you and me got business else where."

Its like the game is forcing me to do what it wants me to do and is preventing me from doing what i want to do.

I kinda like the idea of games letting me do what i want to do. Which is why i play the open world sandboxy games.

• Like 3

I haven't tested much with the hang out feature, but I think you should probably hang out after the story. It could be, ( not tested ) that the feature has restrictions imposed during the story progression, because there are points in the story when certain characters become not available to switch/play, and you'd know through the dialogues they are not interested to hang out.

So, try after the story, may be then socializing becomes easier.

Please note, I haven't tested much so take this post as not foolproof.

But yes, stupid restrictions in the name of realism. The feature isn't as fleshed out like Online either. May be that should indicate the reason behind the half assed feature.

I just put Michael and Franklin in the same area. Micheal said "you and me got business else where."

Its like the game is forcing me to do what it wants me to do and is preventing me from doing what i want to do.

I kinda like the idea of games letting me do what i want to do. Which is why i play the open world sandboxy games.

That's because certain characters aren't available at certain times in the story line. For example you can't hang out with Michael or Trevor when they are laying low outside of LS and that makes sense, it just shows that the story line actually feels connected to the free roam. Unlike IV, when you hang out in V the characters also speak about story events, hell even S&F events.

Edited by DaWiesel

It's kinda like, "that psycho guy will cut our heads off if we don't do this job as soon as possible, but let's go drinking and then play golf anyway. YOLO. Derp."

Edited by BlackSnow176

I am trying to pro longue this play though, get as much play time as i can because it will probably be my last play through for a long while, 6 months or more.

Are you using Hazard's Save Editor? I'm playing through again BUT having the businesses, all clothes unlocked etc from the start is making it more enjoyable for me. Giving Franklin some business missions from the very start, makes me feel less like rushing to unlock M & T. Don't know what bugs will come from it, but I think you can give any character any business, so I'm saving Smoke on the water for Trevor!

Edited by Beyond72

richard1997jones

This is intersting. I've never tried placing the three in one place because they scatter around the place.

Edited by richard1997jones

Go to the Altruist cult location and get inside over the fence, then with another character, they won't be able to get out. Then fly a 3rd one there with a helicopter and fly everyone out, such as to the strip club.

They can surely hang out during the story. Once I was playing as Franklin and ran into Michael by complete accident as he was near his garage which I was checking out. This was shortly after I had them together before and Michael was like 'We gotta stop meeting like this'.

Edited by RogerWho

It's easy once you know the game mission for mission. There are also missable unique hangout conversations that trigger after certain missions.

SmokesWithCigs

its best to hang out before the vangelico heist and set ups, before trevor and michaels exhile , before any of trevors merryweather heist, matter of fact it is best to hang out before and after a heist to be more blunt. also try to get some hang outs in before the " bury the hatchet" and fresh meat" like others suggested hang out with all three once in awhile but also switch it up and do a combination of hangouts with one friend.

on a side note don't forget to hang out with jimmy and Amanda as Michael. all three protags can hang out with jimmy.

Nameless Foot Soldier

It appears none of these responses will help you because it seems none of these folks have done an elongated playthrough while doing the hangout activities between every mission. Well that's the only way I play and I know exactly what you're talking about. I've found that you can not hangout if there is a setup mission or a heist mission to be done. As in anytime there's a mission that's for setting up a big job or a moving mission.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

usually happens when the characters have the same mission available.. e.g. during Exile, you can practically never Hangout with M and T cuz they always have missions together

but F can hangout with either of them all the time

but yeah, it's really annoying

Nah nah nah Gta 6

Maybe it depends what missions are avaliable, dialogue does change depending how far you are in the story.

BlackSnow176

I once hung out with Jimmy as Trevor when Michael's family had left him. As far as I remember, Trevor told Jimmy that Michael is a pussy, but still loves him very much, and Jimmy said he misses him, but is mad at him. And that he sometimes wishes Trevor was his father and not Michael.

• Realistic Steak! 1

FranklinsIron

I am trying to do hang outs with everyone as the story progresses. But it seems every time i try to hang out i cant because "there is stuff to do" and its getting rather annoying. I go do the mission that is preventing me from having Michael hang out with Trevor, then one pops up that prevents Michael and Franklin from hangin out. WHy put in a game mechanic that i can only fully use at the end of the game?

That's only before missions heists and refers to the main character of that mission. So say before jewel heist, you call Micheal with Franklin, he'll say the above whereas if you call him with Micheal, he'll meet. Same as lemar missions, you can't meet him when you have a mission you're suppose to do straight away..

It's understandable to a degree. Micheal will call him about the heist and basically says, next time you hear from him is when it's ready, then the next day you get F calling you to go cinema, you'd think "the f*ck?"...

Just have to time it right..

I once hung out with Jimmy as Trevor when Michael's family had left him. As far as I remember, Trevor told Jimmy that Michael is a pussy, but still loves him very much, and Jimmy said he misses him, but is mad at him. And that he sometimes wishes Trevor was his father and not Michael.

You can also hangout with Jimmy when you're Franklin, when the family leaves.

Along with Trevor, you can hang out with Lemar after hood safari, and as they have no sorry link except the car lorry mission and ending, he's always available to T.

XMarqstheSpot

It's easy once you know the game mission for mission. There are also missable unique hangout conversations that trigger after certain missions.

THIS. Things like calling Lamar and Stretch after the setup mission on grove street gets some interesting dialogue.

you will know when these are available because you will have two options when you call. one for "Hangout" and one for "Call".

As for the regular hanging out, there is a story to be heard and seen. The conversations follow a set order, they aren't just randomly chosen. They are also time based, meaning that if you progress past certain mission then the characters will have dialogue pertaining to the recent events and you will not hear the earlier story-like conversations.

The game isn't lacking in story like most say. They were just too lazy to sit and listen to the story be told to them.

Lester-The-Molester

I'd hang out more if there more activities to do. Darts is all the way in Sandy Shores, getting drunk sucks major balls, watching a movie is cool but there's just 3 of them, tennis is fun but I can't just play that everytime. Sometimes I just wanna hang out quickly to hear the dialogue but golf is too long just for a few minutes of dialogue and as I stated earlier getting drunk is boring as f*ck.

CarlitoDorito

If characters have a mission they share on the map, usually they'll say they're busy or they've got stuff to do.

If you want all the dialogue, make sure to hang out with Jimmy and Amanda before did somebody say yoga. There's loads of dialogue between them, back story, arguing. Then after the game is complete, there's loads more with less arguing. Also Lamar early in the story, dialogue about setting up forum gangsters, Tanisha, Franklin moaning. A bit of back story. It disappears never to be heard unless restarted if you get far enough in the story.

Lester-The-Molester

^ See? So much dialogue but not much to do while hanging out.

• Like 1

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

it's best to just take them while you do general free roaming....

i wish you didn't even have to do an activity... i usually just want someone else screaming or shooting from the car... having to make a quick stop at the titty bar to get rid of them gets annoying ;p

Cheatz/Trickz

People who speed there and back during hangouts probably missed those shorter secondary conversations as well.

Edited by Cheatz_N_Trickz

The ONLY mission available currently is for Michael meeting Solomon Richards. there first mission. And Michael cant hang ou with anyone?

F and T can hang out. I had T F and Lamar hang out. But Michael cant?

Fuzzknuckles

Take him to see Solomon, it should be possible after that I think.

Has anyone ever managed to get Trevor and Lamar out on their own, or Lamar, Mike and Franklingaling? It feels like there's some impossible combinations from what I've seen, which is a bit of an oversight.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

I keep trying to hang out with that crazy woman I had a foot race with, Marry Anne (I think that was her name). She never gave me her number and doesn't seem like she even wanted to so no idea how I received it. Every time I call her the number is busy... I haven't completed the game but did get pretty deep in.

What is the deal with her, and why do I even have her number if it is just BUSY?

And to answer your question Fuzz, I have hung out with just Lamar before with Trevor. I forget at which point it was that I did that.

Edited by Acidworm

I keep trying to hang out with that crazy woman I had a foot race with, Marry Anne (I think that was her name). She never gave me her number and doesn't seem like she even wanted to so no idea how I received it. Every time I call her the number is busy... I haven't completed the game but did get pretty deep in.

What is the deal with her, and why do I even have her number if it is just BUSY?

And to answer your question Fuzz, I have hung out with just Lamar before with Trevor. I forget at which point it was that I did that.

Her number is always busy, she also appears on Michael's Lifeinvader friend list and if you check her profile after meeting her with each protagonist she posts updates about her encounters with them. It's weird that we have her phone number and Michael has her added on Lifeinvader when each protagonist only interacts with her once and can never talk to her after.