3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

DragonpokeZ

High Stakes, AP Lowriders

OrionSR

jealous girlfriend's car. Those vehicles are marked as unjackable; CJ doesn't even go for the locks.

I guess what you mean is WHILE THEY ARE INSIDE the Vehicle CJ doesn't acknowledge the doors.

Hm... good point. The unjackable code applies to the actor, not the vehicle. The Rockstar desciption is set_char_cant_be_dragged_out. It looks like that will be easy to tweak for girlfriends but otherwise I'm not sure how to snag the handle of NPCs. The jealous girlfriends car is locked, btw. But that's during the chase before the proofings have kicked in. It looks like their cars are unlocked for the "caught" cut-scene so they can run back and enter their vehicle after the argument.

DragonpokeZ

Some testing that I did:

-Blackout happens after destroying Cesar's car and wasting CJ - both of which fail the mission. However, destroying CJ's car doesn't cause a blackout, contrary to what I expected

-CJ's car won't disappear after a mission failure

-The cars won't get impounded while they're needed for the script. Once they're unneeded, they will be impounded normally. Impounding Cesar's car makes the game think it's destroyed and fails the mission while causing a blackout.

-Even if the cars are unneeded, if they're not saved in a garage (the garage door is closed and the vehicles are saved - NOT in the game world) they will still disappear upon mission failure. If they're saved in a garage however, they will remain there and we can have fun with them :)

-I haven't tested sticking them in an Impound without unneeding them

OrionSR

Prevent Frozen Race Cars - 100% legit.

Exit the player's vehicle immediately after the High Stakes, Low-Rider mission's starting cut-scene. Do not enter the player's vehicle until Cesar has a significant lead. Do not get within 15 meters of Cesar while driving the player's car until Cesar has reached the location for the race when the message, "Drive onto the starting grid." would be displayed if CJ is in the vehicle. At that point the freezing routine should have ended.

Edited by OrionSR

OG Viking

With the new knowledge on how to avoid frozen cars, I hoped it would be easier to get these cars. But I'm still trying unsuccessfully.

Parked AP Remington in El Corona garage. Destroyed it. Then destroyed mission lowrider that was outside.

Result: The AP Remington was instantly deleted.

Parked AP Remington in El Corona garage. Walked CJ in flames, then entered AP Remington.

Result: When the AP Remington exploded, the screen went black instantly (no "wasted" message). A couple of seconds later, the screen lit up and CJ spawned outside a hospital. The AP Remington had been deleted and was not in the El Corona (I checked the impound too).

Parked mission lowrider on the beach at SMB. Drowned AP Remington near the mission lowrider at SMB. Destroyed mission lowrider.

Result: The AP Remington was instantly deleted.

Parked mission lowrider at Idlewood gas station. Parked AP Blade there too. Damaged the mission lowrider. Took the Broadway and crashed with the mission car until it started to burn. Hammered the R3 button to start Pimping the moment the mission car exploded and mission failed.

Result: The AP Blade was instantly deleted. It was not impounded.

Parked mission lowrider - equipped with car bomb - outside Loco Low Co. Primed the bomb and quickly drove AP Remington inside the mod shop.

Result: I got inside the garage before the mission car exploded. It did not explode when I left the shop, so the bomb failed and was canceled.

New attempt with the Loco Low Co mod shop. This time I drove the AP Remington, damaged the mission lowrider until it started to burn. I quickly drove inside the garage. Nothing happened while I was inside, but when I left the garage the mission lowrider exploded.

Result: No joy. The Remington was deleted and CJ died. No surprise.

Parked AP Remington, AP Blade and yellow Majestic in the El Corona garage. I positioned CJ inside the garage and let one Azteka kill him.

Result: When CJ died in between the cars, the screen went black instantly (no "wasted" message). A couple of seconds later, the screen lit up and CJ spawned outside a hospital. The three proofed cars had been deleted and was not in the El Corona garage (I checked the impound too).

I'm surprised the screen went black when CJ was not in a car.

Some attempts have been repeated a few times, with the same result every time. I'm not giving up but right now I'm out of ideas.

It should be noted that I may have a glitch in this experimental game. Normally, CJ can pull a GSF member out of his car and recruit him, but the recruited member will often try to kill CJ. I can recruit as normal when they are on foot. The respect stat is maxed out.

Edited by OG Viking

DragonpokeZ

Confirming then, you can only save them if they're in a garage, only possible if we unneed. Courtesy to Orion's unfreezing, there's only unneeding left. Any form of idea you might have, post it here. No matter how stupid it sounds. Let's remember a vehicle can be obtained by picking up an info icon

Edited by DragonpokeZ

OrionSR

One thing to keep an eye on, is this Lock and Park cleo mod recently released. It's using a strategy of "needing" a cars to "lock" them, as he puts it, and prevent them from unspawning. Any bugs or glitches to this script would indicate a strategy for unneeding a car, but so far it looks like only missions are causing problems.

Wild speculation; can a replay that shows the end of another mission be used to unneed cars in the current mission?

Edited by OrionSR

DragonpokeZ

One thing to keep an eye on, is this Lock and Park cleo mod recently released. It's using a strategy of "needing" a cars to "lock" them, as he puts it, and prevent them from unspawning. Any bugs or glitches to this script would indicate a strategy for unneeding a car, but so far it looks like only missions are causing problems.

Wild speculation; can a replay that shows the end of another mission be used to unneed cars in the current mission?

I'll try this out tomorrow

OG Viking

I locked myself out of the AP Remington... so I pushed it inside the SMB garage and picked up the AP Blade. Then I did a few hours of free-roaming: Entered several interiors (Pro-Laps, Inside Track, Ganton Bar, Johnson safe-house and garderobe, Police HQ, possibly more. I also did some 4-star mayhem and changed hair style at Reece's after.

Result: I didn't manage to unneed any of the cars.

Flipped AP Remington.

Result: It's not TP, so I pushed the wreck inside the SMB garage. The car was not unneeded.

I drove the AP Remington inside a garage and got busted.

Result: The screen went instantly black (no "busted" message). A couple of seconds later I spawned at LSPD HQ. The Remington was deleted.

I've been thinking if Denise or a sub-mission of any kind could be exploited. But Denise isn't home and not even video games work.

Added:

When I free-roamed for a few hours, I now and then got many random NPC cars driving the streets. This is not normal, usually there are no traffic as long as all the race lowriders are in memory before the race starts. The first time I met traffic, I had to check if some of the lowriders had despawned. But they had not despawned.

Then the streets became deserted again for some time. And some later, there were traffic again.

I used to think that the lack of traffic was related to limited PS2 memory, but the console is able to spawn traffic with all lowriders in memory. I could see around 3-4 NPC cars at the same time. Difficulties with spawning in the impound and safe house garages also indicates that there is a memory issue.

Edited by OG Viking

DragonpokeZ

Have we completely ruled out the water? How about getting a car that looks like the one you're trying to get (like a black and yellow Majestic) and parking it in its spot?

OG Viking

Have we completely ruled out the water? How about getting a car that looks like the one you're trying to get (like a black and yellow Majestic) and parking it in its spot?

I have not ruled out the water, I got one more idea. I plan to first take one or more of the lowriders into the water, and then push Cesar's car into the water too. Drowning Cesar's car will probably do the same as exploding it, but I don't know before I've tried.

Parking an identical car on the spot - I doubt you can fool the game that way. Isn't every car given an unique ID number? It'll delete or impound the "fake" Majestic, I don't see how it will increase the chances of impounding the real Majestic.

Another thing I have tried twice, was to move all race lowriders from the starting area, and I moved a couple of them to Ganton. I brought 1 Ambulance and one or two Firetrucks there too. Then I opened the garage that contained four vehicles. I hoped all these vehicles would force the game to impound something, but it didn't.

‫

IDK if it helps any research but here is my video from almost year ago

http://youtu.be/BdnnNvHKG_I

When Cesars car get destroyed missions fails and scripts from missions remains (blips on map)

Instead of black screen which happens on PC perhaps?

Idk if it helps i just wanted to add something from myself

DragonpokeZ

Holy sh*t that's interesting. @Militia, does this look like what HeroBrine007 described to obtain the Savanna?

How did you replicate this? Tell us everything about your game and device and savefile. Any mods?

‫

No special mods nothing, its clear save device is android, this blackout thing is "patched" kinda on Android atleast.

Lethal Vaccine

Holy sh*t that's interesting. @Militia, does this look like what HeroBrine007 described to obtain the Savanna?

How did you replicate this? Tell us everything about your game and device and savefile. Any mods?

Watching Bender's Video now. Will report back in a moment and edit this post. But it looks like he is on Mobile and like I said, it's different on Mobile compared to the other Platforms SA is played on. They might be obtainable on Mobile, like the AP Sultan...

EDIT: Yes indeed. This is exactly what HeroBrineR007 was saying happens. He supposedly was able to get the AP Savanna impounded, but had to kill himself to get it. I mean, if I need to kill myself for the Remington, Majestic, or Blade ok fine, but the Savanna is already easy to get in Photo Opportunity...

Anyways, it would appear that the game "breaks" on Mobile if you try to get it. Can't continue, but CAN get the Vehicles I believe...

I really suggest fans of SA and Special Vehicles to get the Mobile Version of SA. There is a LOT of mystery still unsolved with the Mobile Versions and some strange things that can not be done with any other Version and Platform played on. It really is worth buying it and messing around with it. The AP Sultan alone is what dragged me into buying it and I am glad I did...

Edited by Militia

‫

Im not sure what happens when you go to mission marker where you left car, if you get busted, if there is anyway to make games delete current mission script, meybe taxi mission, idk, it was year ago when i was messing with this game last time though, oh well i can do quick save before that mission if anyone needs it...

If so its my poorly not completed starter save that i dont updated on social club cloud.

Lethal Vaccine

Give us all you got man. These Vehicles have stumped a lot of people since 98% of people are playing on PC and 2% of us on PS2. I don't see many Xbox, Xbox360, PS3 Digital, or Mobile players. It's always PC and I doubt these are obtainable on PC. The closest we will get is probably on Mobile.

‫

Im on PC, PS2 and Mobile as well, i might upload save tomorrow for sure...

But i wasnt trying anything "Special" with these, i saw wait why screen goes black on PC, checked PS2 it was crashing and you had to restart game?? i dont remember, but i had an idea, what about Mobile then, and this things happend,

I knew about these year ago though but didnt maked any progress since i just switched to PS4 and was playing GTA Online all day so i just forgot about them, but i saw this thread so i just posted what i know what i done so far... I dont claim that i am a founder of these, no probably not.

Sorry for english... Im trying my best.

You guys if you collect vehicles on VC/III you should check Replay Glitch, so powerful You can duplicate missions (Two same missions at the same time)

End Mission in middle of Mission and just start other one(Mission Fail anytime basicly)

It might loads intro few new discoveries npc driven proofed cars and such, personally i tried to duplicate avery's mission in gta vc to get legit Black Stretch, no sucess so far, meybe other Special Vehicles Gods can make something out of it really,

Edited by Bender.ㅤ

Lethal Vaccine

About your Spoiler:

I don't think a lot of the SA guys even bother with any of the other GTA's, but yeah, you can already obtain the EC Black Stretch from Avery by using a Mission Replay Feature on PC. Not only that, you can also obtain the BP/EP/FP Sanchez, Unique RC Baron, and the EP/FP Hotring Racer the EASY way. All done with Mission Replays. There is a piss easy way to get the EP/EC Securicar in III using a Mission Replay, as well. But yeah, it's only for PC, so I don't care about this stuff since I can't do any of it since I only play on PS2 and iOS.

If you need Videos of these Vehicles, let me know. They've been on Youtube for a while now...

Edited by Militia

DragonpokeZ

Well, if these beauties are obtainable on Mobile, I'm getting that!...

...Except my phone can't handle this game for sh*t :( I tried already and not much helps, the new Android update destroyed my framerate for every game I played on my tablet

Lethal Vaccine

Yeah, thing is...Now that I can get the AP Sultan on PS2 without Cheats, the Mobile Version isn't as special as it used to be. Being exclusive to Mobile made me want to get the Mobile Version, but now that I can get it on PS2, it's less exciting to do a Mobile Save. If I do in fact re-do my PS2 Save OR do a 2nd Save File for PS2, I will surely get the AP Packer, AP Sultan, DP/EP/FP/MP BF-400, possibly the Mutant Greenwood, and HOPEFULLY the DP/EP/FP/MP Police that I never was able to get on the PS2 Version...

Tbh, I am thinking of a 2nd PS2 Save File instead of re-doing the game and going for ALL the Special Vehicles I currently have (57) plus all these new ones. There just isn't any room. All these new Vehicles are in Los Santos where there isn't any room at the beginning. Even if I used Impounds and Doherty early, I still would be uneasy and always pressed for storage space. I am not familiar with the Impounds and how to enter/exit them to keep everything there. I also don't want to run on foot to every Mission Marker and constantly checking the Impounds to see if my Special Vehicles are there. It's just a big pain in the ass for me to do all this stuff, especially now that I am working and don't have much time...

Edited by Militia

DragonpokeZ

Yeah, thing is...Now that I can get the AP Sultan on PS2 without Cheats, the Mobile Version isn't as special as it used to be. Being exclusive to Mobile made me want to get the Mobile Version, but now that I can get it on PS2, it's less exciting to do a Mobile Save. If I do in fact re-do my PS2 Save OR do a 2nd Save File for PS2, I will surely get the AP Packer, AP Sultan, DP/EP/FP/MP BF-400, possibly the Mutant Greenwood, and HOPEFULLY the DP/EP/FP/MP Police that I never was able to get on the PS2 Version...

Tbh, I am thinking of a 2nd PS2 Save File instead of re-doing the game and going for ALL the Special Vehicles I currently have (57) plus all these new ones. There just isn't any room. All these new Vehicles are in Los Santos where there isn't any room at the beginning. Even if I used Impounds and Doherty early, I still would be uneasy and always pressed for storage space. I am not familiar with the Impounds and how to enter/exit them to keep everything there. I also don't want to run on foot to every Mission Marker and constantly checking the Impounds to see if my Special Vehicles are there. It's just a big pain in the ass for me to do all this stuff, especially now that I am working and don't have much time...

After a little calculation, there's 17 vehicles in LS, and the newly found Packer and Sultan bring this up to 19, without counting FP/EP vehicles (not even the FP/EP Seasparrow, an essential in every collector's collection)

Lethal Vaccine

Well, if I do this Save over on PS2, this would be the 17 I would have when I leave Los Santos, before Badlands to get the AP Sanchez:

EP/FP Seasparrow, EP/FP NRG-500, EP/FP/EC Perennial, AP Tampa, AP PCJ-600, EC Mutant BF-400, DP/EP/FP/MP BF-400, AP Packer, AP Sultan, EP/FP/EC Mesa, BP Forklift, Off-Road/EP/FP/EC Pony, BP/FP Voodoo, BP/FP Tahoma, DP/EP/FP/MP Police, AP/EC2 Bravura, AP Sentinel

What am I missing? You say 17, without EP/FP? I only have 15 on my list. What else am I missing? I don't count the EP Banshee and EP Mule in the "main" collection to obtain in Los Santos, or any of the FP Vehicles from HS,LR. This is without the AP Admiral, though, as now I will have to get it from YHYC for my first time. I never got it from that Mission before...

I am still debating if I should do this Save or not on PS2. Maybe Mobile again? Or perhaps maybe PS2 for Slot 2 and just get different things? The reason I am not sure is cuz technically I am only getting 5 extra but WITHOUT the EP/FP Freeway in which I already have. The only new ones are the DP/EP/FP/MP BF-400, AP Packer, AP Sultan, DP/EP/FP/MP Police, and EC Camper from Riot. However, I got the BF-400, Sultan, Police, and Camper on my current, newest Mobile Save. The only thing missing is the AP Packer.

I don't know if it's worth it to do it just yet, or at all, although, I did make a list of what I will get and came up with 61 and everything is the same as last time, just 5 (DP/EP/FP/MP BF-400, AP Packer, AP Sultan, DP/EP/FP/MP Police, and EC Camper) new Special Vehicles and 1 LESS (EP/FP Freeway).

Edited by Militia

DragonpokeZ

So I did some more testing. Not much came out:

• Destroying all cars and leaving them in the Impound, then destroying the player's car didn't work
  • The Aztecas driving the lowriders can stay frozen in one place and even disappear at random
  • Cesar's car has a random chance of getting wrecked if it flips over or something