3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Bad sport.

duckiiunderscore

duckiiunderscore

What do you guys think about the Bad Sport system? Personally I think it's pretty flawed and for lack of a better word, stupid. I'm currently in Bad Sport for 16 days for no other reason than the fact that I like to treat Free Roam as a giant deathmatch. 99 Percent of free roam players are going to kill you on sight, that's a given. Nobody really wants to do anything in free roam besides kill one another, whether you're defending yourself by blowing up someones car that you're being shot from or in a vehicle yourself, you get a bad sport strike. On top of paying the fee for blowing somebody's car up, I get a bad sport strike? I get that having to call the Insurance company is an inconvenience to the player on the other end, but to my bank account blowing their car up is inconvenient. If I'm constantly leaving missions, killing passive players or otherwise being unruly by all means send me into bad sport, but not for playing the game. GTA in my eyes is a game where we're meant to steal, kill and otherwise cause mayhem, we're given tanks, jets, rocket launchers but if we dare to use them we can't play the game anymore? I say "can't play" in the sense that bad sport lobbies are nearly all empty, I paid 60 dollars for this game and you're telling me if I kill other players with vehicles I pay money for, I can't play the game anymore? There's multiple ways to avoid being killed, if you don't want to be killed so badly, go into passive mode, join a solo session, vote to kick me, find a new session. I could see if the game had a typically friendly community in the sense of not killing each other, but that is not the case. Why give us such a wide arsenal and if we put it to use we get punished? I'm perfectly fine with paying the fee for destruction of personal vehicles, I feel that's enough. By that logic we should have to pay fees for blowing up Pegasus Vehicles, that's as big if not more of an inconvenience to the player, including the fact that you don't get your 200 dollar delivery fee refunded. A functioning report system would suffice much better, if I am being reported by multiple players for the same reason within a certain time span then go ahead and punish me. I'd be fine if I actually had fellow "Bad sports" to play with, but like I said it's a gigantic struggle to find a lobby with more than one person in it. I'd happily play in the servers if it wasn't either empty or one level 500+ in a jet who once killed immediately leaves the session, I paid for the game I expect to be able to play the game how I want to, if you HATE getting killed so much, there's options for you, like I said I'll happily pay the money for the PVs destroyed.

Edited by duckiiunderscore

People who get put into bad sport are the ones who mostly hate it. Serves them f*cking right. As for the black text... stop reading about half way.

Clearly you did some sh*t to deserve it. I've killed other players and blew up their cars many times in freemode and never been put in bad sport.

Maybe I'm just lucky but it seems like you would have to literally go around and blow up like 20 cars in a short period of time to go into bad sport so you probably deserve it.

Clearly you did some sh*t to deserve it. I've killed other players and blew up their cars many times in freemode and never been put in bad sport.

Maybe I'm just lucky but it seems like you would have to literally go around and blow up like 20 cars in a short period of time to go into bad sport so you probably deserve it.

as many cars as i've blown up, i'm surprised i've never been put in bad sport yet.

duckiiunderscore

I hate it about as much as black text on a dark blue background

Do you expect me to put effort into posting

I don't think a modder forcing me to blow up the entire lobby is worthy of my 8 days, I "earned" my 16 days in a jet, and now was given 32 for blowing ONE kuruma up, disgusting.

Do you expect me to put effort into posting

Yes, and if you can't be bothered to put effort in, just post normally like everyone else.