3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Official BioShock Series Thread

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to any official news/rumors/general discussion on the future of the BioShock franchise.

BioShock: The Collection is available now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC! Launch trailer:

Edited by OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Does Bioshock 1 really need to be remastered though? For a 2007 game, it still looks great today.

Would I like another Bioshock game? That depends. 1 and 2 are great, but Infinite is grotesquely overrated in my opinion. I didn't enjoy that one very much.

Does Bioshock 1 really need to be remastered though? For a 2007 game, it still looks great today.

Would I like another Bioshock game? That depends. 1 and 2 are great, but Infinite is grotesquely overrated in my opinion. I didn't enjoy that one very much.

The character models and textures were pretty bad. But other than that, yes it still looks pretty good today. Still, if they can get BioShock to be 1080p/60fps, I will be thrilled to play that.

I'd buy a remastered original Bioshock. Both sequels were vastly inferior.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.65GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN/Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

I'd buy a remastered original Bioshock. Both sequels were vastly inferior.

Combat in Infinite was dumbed down but I wouldn't call the game vastly inferior, just very different. And that's a good thing IMO. Sequels don't need to follow the exact same formula as their predecessors. I love Infinite for what it is and I'm always happy to replay it.

Combat was dumbed down, the atmosphere was lacking, you spent the entire very short plot dragging around a borderline useless third wheel of a companion. It's about as far from the initial System Shock formula as you could get.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.65GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN/Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Combat was dumbed down, the atmosphere was lacking, you spent the entire very short plot dragging around a borderline useless third wheel of a companion. It's about as far from the initial System Shock formula as you could get.

I wouldn't call Elizabeth useless. In fact Irrational Games did a lot to make sure she wasn't useless and that she never gets in the way. But you're right about the atmosphere. It's not a very atmospheric game. The atmosphere in Bioshock was twofold. Rapture was a scary and kinda lonely place due to the fact that you arrived there when the whole utopia was collapsing. And then there was the atmosphere of the era. That's achieved through the use music and the design of the city, furniture, technology, weapons etc. You don't have that authentic atmosphere in Infinite. It's supposed to be the 1920's or so, but I can't feel it. It feels like a place detached from time.

Infinite pretty much sucked. One of the most disappointing games I've played in recent years. First two games were great though, but I don't need a remastered collection. The games still look pretty damn great.

utf-8Bb2xkc2Nob29sc2lnczE2YS5qcGc_zpsf59

I enjoyed BioShock 1 a lot.

I didn't play 2.

I enjoyed Infinite a lot.

I'm a simple man.

esmittystud101

I had 1,2, and Infinate. Bioshock 2 had an okay multi player. I played it quite a bit. I would probably buy again if they remastered them but I don't know, maybe I wouldn't. Depends on how well they promote them to get me in the mood for them again.

Sunrise Driver

The only thing that kept me to the end in all 3 games was story. Because gameplay was becoming repetetive (aka boring) after few chapters.

From all 3 games I liked Infinite the most.

Edited by Street Mix

• 5 months later...
esmittystud101

I hope this collection makes its way to PS4 as well, even though I would settle for X1 version.

"Bioshock: The Collection" is indeed happening (PS4, Xbox One)

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bioshock-the-collection-box-art-leaks-online/1100-6435739/

That would be the THIRD different source now to mention a supposed "BioShock: The Collection". Although each source has varying information on the supposed release. 2K, stop leaving us in the dark and just confirm that this thing exists already.

Although what confuses me is that Xbox has already announced that the BioShock trilogy is coming to Xbox One through backward compatibility. Why would 2K release this supposed "BioShock: The Collection" if they're already going to let the BioShock trilogy be compatible through Xbox One? That would just end up hurting sales for the supposed "BioShock: The Collection".

​Still, I'm praying that this "BioShock: The Collection" is real. If all 3 BioShock games end up being fully remastered and it comes with all of the DLC released for the BioShock trilogy, I will die happy.

OysterBarron

It's one of my favorite franchises was pretty dissapointed when i found out irrational games was winding down :( I enjoyed 1 and 3 but I found 2 was a bit lacking in keeping me engaged, felt they had focused mostly on the game mechanics and the story didn't really hold me to the point that I actually never completed it. I don't think I would pick up a remastered collection for me it's one of those franchises you only play through once. Once you've experienced it it's not the same second time round!

Edited by OysterBarron

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

• 2 weeks later...

ESRB has rated BioShock: The Collection. Hopefully it's not an April Fools joke. But, the rating description for the game has apparently been taken down.

Edit - I'm trying to paste the link, but this website is not liking my links. Ugh. So frustrating. Why can't I just simply copy and paste the link right here?

Still got all 3 of the games for the 360. Loved #1, well, the short part I got through of it anyway, as it was yet another game I just strayed away from. Definitely want I want to finish anyway - great gameplay, great atmosphere and tons of originality. Never even started #2, just got it for future purpose when it went on sale. Infinite, for me, was both a fantastic game, yet also a let down in many places. Before I touched it, I had this vision that due to the fact it was a floating city in the sky, this woud lead to a map on a massive scale, but for the majority of the game, it was very linear and very driven. Those saying Elizabeth was an annoyance, I just don't get it? Heals you when you die, gives you clues to certain stuff and every now and then gives you money and locates items for you...for me, she felt more part of it than in a majority of a games where it feels like you're just dragging a lifeless corpse around. The artwork in certain places too, many times found myself staring around and taking it in.

Shame it's another game I gave up on so close to the end, that final boss battle drove me insane on like the 10th attempt...

• 2 months later...
John The Grudge

I'm excited to play through this series again. Not so much the second game,however, I've heard great things about Minerva's Den (which I think was developed by the people who went on to make Gone Home).

Me too! I found it disappointing that I bought the regular edition of Bioshock Infinite on PS3, hence I missed alot of things and Bioshock 1 had low FPS count on my PS3.

I can't wait to play all 3 games someday.

I just finished the first game a few weeks ago, and bought the second along with Minerva's Den during the sale.

So I'm actually quite interested, but only because of the availability. Were the remasters not for free, I don't think I could have given a f*ck.

• 2 months later...

BioShock: The Collection is available now! Launch trailer is here -

iiConTr0v3rSYx

These were supposed to be added to BC for XB1.

Definately wouldn't spend over $30 for this collection. Same for the Dead Rising collection and Ezio collection. Milk. Milk. Milk!

• Like 1

These were supposed to be added to BC for XB1.

Definately wouldn't spend over $30 for this collection. Same for the Dead Rising collection and Ezio collection. Milk. Milk. Milk!

You wouldn't spend over $30 for this collection? All of the content you get in this collection is over $100 in value! And all the reviews so far have been positive. Take this one critic's review, who ended up giving the collection a 10/10:

"All games in the package look noticeably better than the last gen console versions. Significant effort was put into the first 2 games while Bioshock Infinite is just a port of the PC version set to "very high" graphics option (I compared it in the past and it was running on the low graphics on last gen systems). Frame rate is 60 FPS in all with some dips. The extras are mind blowing with all DLC thrown in and new features like the developer commentary and concept arts. The packaging is also slick. Considering how much effort 2K put into this collection, it's worth the price than most "remasters" being put out at slightly lesser price.…"

iiConTr0v3rSYx

I'm pretty sure you can buy all 3 games for under $25 if you look good enough. The DLC for Bioshock was just a few tonics, Bioshock 2 DLC(which is always included with deals of the week) looks good, for Bioshock Infinite I would probably only play Burial at Sea. I could possible save some good pocket change if I just brought the DLC alone.

The fact of the matter is, the games were supposed to be supported with BC for X1. I still have all three games and this is nothing more than a money grab.

You wanna know a good collection done right? Halo MCC was done right.

I don't mind the money grab collection. It was touched up just enough to make it feel worth it for me.

• 2 months later...

How has everyone been enjoying BioShock: The Collection so far? I should be getting my copy for Christmas hopefully!