2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Idiots in free mode challenges

LostScotsman

The new challenges and games in free mode are cool. To be honest I dont get a lot of time to play consoles. But I thought id give gta online another go with the the latest update.... I think that you should be unable to be killed if you are participating in the sort of challenges which are non aggressive like the flying challenges and longest this longest that challenges. Bit annoying when your clearly participating in the event and are shot out the sky by someone who has decided they dont want to participate. why ruin it for others? ruins the game to the point im sure people will just bored super quick and put the game down again.

• Like 3

Simple, it's GTA online! The 10 year olds love griefing. The more irritating to you they are, the happier they feel. I do agree that it's pretty lame that this happens but it has been chaos in freeroam forever.

• Like 1

Anyone can be killed though, so it's equally as challenging for all.

Online, some people like to have fun playing the game. Others enjoy being anonymous dicks.
It's always been that way, always will be.

Gotta have thick skin to survive.

Edited by GrandReaping
  • Like 2

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

You cant do that kind of challenges in passive ?

To bad

wanna be mod, cough; a discussion was actually taking place and you're attempting to derail the discussion.

OP-I agree OP I hate it when people will go out of their way to ruin it for others during these events.

that would be Rockstar logic, or really lack there of for you. They don't allow passive mode to be used in the non-combat events/challenges which allows the idiots hiding in the whimp mobiles (Lazer and Hydra) to fly around and blow up everyone taking part in the events/challenges. I have yet to see the inverted flight challenge take place without at least two idiots hiding in the whimp mobiles going around and blowing up everyone taking part in the event. but yet they allow passive mode to be used in the king of the castle event which makes no sense at all.

Obviously passive mode won't work with the melee event, the criminal damage one and few of the other challenges but there is no excuse for why passive mode can't be uses in the events/challenges like the inverted flight challenge, or even the near misses challenge for example.

• Like 1

Last night I made an attempt at trolling by texting The Beast and offering him a ride in my T20 while I was in passive, even rolled up outside the mansion he was holed up in, beeping my horn. But someone killed him shortly after, so too bad, especially if he would've taken my offer and got in my car.

Personally, I love the fact that you can be killed at anytime. Keeps you on your toes. Now you have to balance concentrating on your objective and staying alive.

• Like 2

This is why always on blips are stupid.... always has been and always will be.

Any fool with a love for trolling and annoying the sh*t out of anyone has an instant hit on your location at all times.

The OP is missing the whole point.

This is the edge to the freemode challenges. Take part in them if you want and earn extra cash, but there's a risk in doing so.

Some of the events do follow your suggestion though, like Penned In, when all the players outside the event go massive to those currently playing the event, so that no external player can influence the outcome. It's not as though Rockstar don't think about these things OP!

FrugalDangerMan

A lot of the free mode events are "jump in at random and join in on the fun" kind of things. There is no set start point in many of the events. Anyone in the session takes part in many of the challenges. Locate check points, top speed, longest wheelie/stoppie, most close calls, etc.

Let's say you have to jack 10 cars for a daily objective. You're 5 cars in and cops surround you right as a "longest drive in reverse challenge" starts. You back up to get around the cops are set to passive so you can't shoot your way past the police and you get killed.

How was the game supposed to know you're reversing to get around an obsticle vs taking part in the challenge?

.....you know....there could be an aswer to that one. When "Hunt the Beast" is about to start, you get a prompt to opt into being chosen as the beast. Why not let players opt into all challenges before they start. If you don't opt in, you can't interact/interfere with the players who did.

Nahh! That would be a SMART thing to do, never gunna happen.

Edited by PNutterSammich

I had the same thought you did, until I realized that anyone who wanted to troll could simply opt in and go about their normal business...there'd still be nothing that forces people to actually DO the event.

Edited by TheKingChivas
  • Like 1

rabid_white_dog

If I choose to not take part in the event, I make it into my own free mode event. I give myself the challenge of sniping as many players as possible. It is great fun!

That is the whole challenge behind it imo. The challenges are not difficult enough by themselves. Without others interfereing it would be boring, for me.

Edited by Mach1bud
  • Like 1

Wish cellphone map blips for players ONLY appear if you pay Lester to expose a players location to you or you had line of sight on said player.

They should change it so that passive can be used on non-competitive events, I think. The only good reason not to (and it's actually not terrible if you think about it) is that you can use violence to protect your lead in an event. I actually did this the other day - got a high score on the low-flying challenge, then flew across the map to kill the one guy who was getting close to my score. I'm sure he was pissed off, and I don't know if this was what Rockstar intended, but it is an actual strategic element created by disabling passive.

^ Yeah did the same on the longest jump challenge. Some guy tried using my spot to gain the lead. Shot him mid air. I know he was raging.

wanna be mod, cough; a discussion was actually taking place and you're attempting to derail the discussion.

OP-I agree OP I hate it when people will go out of their way to ruin it for others during these events.

It's best to just ignore him. Very rarely helpful.

OT: I agree that some of the free roam events should be able to be completed in passive mode for example. That's the way it is for that kill list so why not for these non-aggressive ones too?

Edited by Passive Mode

Solo Wing Pixy

The new challenges and games in free mode are cool. To be honest I dont get a lot of time to play consoles. But I thought id give gta online another go with the the latest update.... I think that you should be unable to be killed if you are participating in the sort of challenges which are non aggressive like the flying challenges and longest this longest that challenges. Bit annoying when your clearly participating in the event and are shot out the sky by someone who has decided they dont want to participate. why ruin it for others? ruins the game to the point im sure people will just bored super quick and put the game down again.

In another thread one guy pointed out that non-combat challenges (like fly upside down for the longest period of time) should be passive mode only. So we don't get all this grieving problems that everyone's getting.

Something I hope R* looks into, in the future...

How about you accept the chaos as part of the challenge?

Find a safer spot on the map/lead the griefer to a competitor.

Simple, it's GTA online! The 10 year olds love griefing. The more irritating to you they are, the happier they feel. I do agree that it's pretty lame that this happens but it has been chaos in freeroam forever.

griefing is parking a bus in front of the lsc so that nobody can get into it and move it.

getting killed in freeroam, in literally any situation, is business as usual.

if you dont wanna get stingered out of the air, dont let your psycho meter climb as lock on missiles only lock onto red dots.