2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Jet Griefing And You: Freemode Events

VanessaMagick

Now, I'm a big fan of bitching and moaning about jets. Kind of. I don't do it too often, but every time a jet devalues my experience, I die a little on the inside. And a lot in the game.

But, rather than just getting into the Bitch and Moan thread and whinging about it, I thought I'd be a little educational and provide a guide detailing how to ruin every Freemode Event with your jet!

Now obviously, some are easier than others but I assure you, every game has a way., even if it's just murdering people trying to get to the event. So, here goes.

Ground Checkpoints: Fly around in your jet and kill anyone who's trying to collect checkpoints. Bonus if you kill the leader.

Air Checkpoints: Anyone who takes the air vehicles offered to them can't hold a candle to you. They're slower than you, less agile than you, and they can't fight back. Destroy everyone and win.

Challenges: Depends on the challenge, but for the most part you can just fly around and kill anyone trying to do anything. The ones that involve air vehicles are particularly fun because again, they can't do anything while you repeatedly kill them and then win anyway.

Dead Drop: You'll be the first person to the Dead Drop because you've got a jet and they don't. And you'll probably be the first to deliver it because you've got a jet and they don't. You've won this before anyone else can even start.

Hold the Wheel: Blow up anyone who tries to get into the target vehicle. If you can, land your jet on top of it.

Hot Property: Like Dead Drop, but even more hilarious as the people in the server can do absolutely nothing to stop you while you fly around the outer ring of the map for a solid 10 minutes. You'll likely be the first person to the drop zone, so grab it and fly that jet out of there and enjoy your ten minute leisurely cruise for an easy win. If anyone thinks otherwise, blow them up.

Hunt the Beast: Your missiles lock onto the Beast. As soon as his blip shows up on the map, you'll be there in seconds and explode him before he can do anything fun.

Kill List: You'll likely be the first person there anyway because you have a jet and they don't. Otherwise just blow up anyone trying to start the game.

King of the Castle: Do strafing runs and spawnkill people, including the King.

Moving Target: Your jet is faster than the target. Boom.

NB: I wrote this out of sheer boredom. It is neither educational nor particularly funny.

Edited by VanessaMagick

ruin every Freemode Event with your jet!

Aka: if i can't have fun with these freeroam events then nobody can.

• Like 1

when i reach unbeatable score on fly low upside down, i shootdown everyone who participate, for easy wins

So it was you last time..

I think it is time to finnish you and use some

220.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Like 2

I thought I'd be a little educational and provide a guide detailing how to ruin every Freemode Event with your jet!

Except Penned In which can't be ruined by anyone not playing it, and good luck trying to play it in a jet.

• Like 1

when i reach unbeatable score on fly low upside down, i shootdown everyone who participate, for easy wins

So it was you last time..

I think it is time to finnish you and use some

220.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Were you playing Yesterday on PS4? :D i did it last time yesterday.

I thought I'd be a little educational and provide a guide detailing how to ruin every Freemode Event with your jet!

Except Penned In which can't be ruined by anyone not playing it, and good luck trying to play it in a jet.

Well, at the very least you can blow up people trying to get into the bubble before they can go passive.

It doesn't count for much, but it's something.

• Like 1

Well, at the very least you can blow up people trying to get into the bubble before they can go passive.

It doesn't count for much, but it's something.

Actually I take it back. This would be difficult - more luck than skill - but it could work.

Get in your jet and fly directly at the dome in Penned In. Eject and hope it hits someone :D

Solo Wing Pixy

2 ways to counter "jet noobs":

1. Like what you said, go passive mode

- or -

2. Learn how to fly, maneuver and dogfight and use your own Hydra (if you have one) and rip that jet pilot to pieces. Then eject and have fun on the event you're doing.

Edited by Solo Wing Pixy

When i always see someone behave oddly near helipad, i check if he's there for jet, they always think im that retarded, "he wont see my hydra spawned on helipad already" , then i destroy it with cannon, other way

if they take it, and im very far from helipad i go very high and go off the radar and approach him quickly before he realise that im close to him, boomb him with a cannon

Im winning a few of the events and always place in the top five. Most of the time though, I turn the events off. They remind of of Wipeout and Bullseye and American Ninja reality shows, It no longer feels like GTA 5, but a whole other game.

I cherish the realism of my freemode GTA 5 and these events damper it into a cheesy game show match

Edited by Stealthflight

I'm not that kinda guy. If someone is doing a challenge I just ignore them until it's over. However I'll kill anyone doing hunt the beast, kill list or king of the castle.

- or -

2. Learn how to fly, maneuver and dogfight and use your own Hydra (if you have one) and rip that jet pilot to pieces. Then eject and have fun on the event you're doing.

in most of the events/challenges passive mode can not be used so going into passive mode is of no use if you want to take part in the majority of the challenges/events....

the only thing that would fix this would be either Rockstar pulling their heads out of their rear ends and allow passive mode to be used, and automatically enabled in the non-combat challenges/events or at the very least disable the weapons on the Lazer, Hydra, Tank, Buzzard, Valkyrie, Savage, Insurgent and the Annihilator against the players that are talking part in the events but allow them to still be used against players that are not taking part in them.

Now, I'm a big fan of bitching and moaning about jets. Kind of. I don't do it too often, but every time a jet devalues my experience, I die a little on the inside. And a lot in the game.

But, rather than just getting into the Bitch and Moan thread and whinging about it, I thought I'd be a little educational and provide a guide detailing how to ruin every Freemode Event with your jet!

Now obviously, some are easier than others but I assure you, every game has a way., even if it's just murdering people trying to get to the event. So, here goes.

Ground Checkpoints: Fly around in your jet and kill anyone who's trying to collect checkpoints. Bonus if you kill the leader.

Air Checkpoints: Anyone who takes the air vehicles offered to them can't hold a candle to you. They're slower than you, less agile than you, and they can't fight back. Destroy everyone and win.

Challenges: Depends on the challenge, but for the most part you can just fly around and kill anyone trying to do anything. The ones that involve air vehicles are particularly fun because again, they can't do anything while you repeatedly kill them and then win anyway.

Dead Drop: You'll be the first person to the Dead Drop because you've got a jet and they don't. And you'll probably be the first to deliver it because you've got a jet and they don't. You've won this before anyone else can even start.

Hold the Wheel: Blow up anyone who tries to get into the target vehicle. If you can, land your jet on top of it.

Hot Property: Like Dead Drop, but even more hilarious as the people in the server can do absolutely nothing to stop you while you fly around the outer ring of the map for a solid 10 minutes. You'll likely be the first person to the drop zone, so grab it and fly that jet out of there and enjoy your ten minute leisurely cruise for an easy win. If anyone thinks otherwise, blow them up.

Hunt the Beast: Your missiles lock onto the Beast. As soon as his blip shows up on the map, you'll be there in seconds and explode him before he can do anything fun.

Kill List: You'll likely be the first person there anyway because you have a jet and they don't. Otherwise just blow up anyone trying to start the game.

King of the Castle: Do strafing runs and spawnkill people, including the King.

Moving Target: Your jet is faster than the target. Boom.

NB: I wrote this out of sheer boredom. It is neither educational nor particularly funny.

they are playing the game better than you. They took the time to get good enough in the jet to control the sky. They fight other good pilots for that control. It is fun. You are obviously lacking at that aspect of the game. I am happy I put the effort into jet that I have. Now with these freeroam events, I have a use for my skill. Now I grieve less, and use the jet to actually play the game (hunt bounties, red dots, smugglers, particapate in events, get to events first, air support my friends participateing in events...), and you're still complaining(in a slightly creative way). It's I'm obvious R* wants the just as it is. sorry you suck, but I'm not going to handicap myself for you. Get a jet, commit a month, and get good. It's fun up there. All you jet whinners don't even realize what you're missing. We all started this game on the ground. Some of us rose up. Sorry Edited by huckmonkey

At least I have the decency to be helpful when I jet greif.

And just pass wins to one of my friends...

There was a guy in King of the Castle that wouldn't die no matter how many times he was blown up, so even jets wont work with these immortal players running around.

A Paradox from 94

I've been #1 in every event I have participated in except yesterday when I did the wheelie challenge and the first time I played Hunt The Beast on 9/15/2015. Knowledge of the Map and a Jet (Besra/Hydra/Lazer) really make a difference.

Dirty Tactic going on In the longest distance without crashing, players are calling Merryweather Mercenaries on the one in first place, It always knocks them out of that position . Merryweather suddenly shows up and blocks the road before driver can react.

(sorry I posted in wrong thread, thought I was on DLC events, not the jet griefing)

Edited by Stealthflight
  • Like 1

Dirty Tactic going on In the longest distance without crashing, players are calling Merryweather Mercenaries on the one in first place, It always knocks them out of that position . Merryweather suddenly shows up and blocks the road before driver can react.

(sorry I posted in wrong thread, thought I was on DLC events, not the jet griefing)

It's not my fault that you don't have the foresight to call it on 2nd place (or if you want to be "fair", a random 6th or 7th place with no hope to win) first to occupy the "one active mercenary target" quota.

• Like 1

The bigger question is why aren't you in a jet? If you have a problem then learn to take them out and scare them away. Il give you a hint. The Homing Rocket is not the best way to deal with a jet, it's the worst in fact.

Slicing Up Eyeballs

The bigger question is why aren't you in a jet? If you have a problem then learn to take them out and scare them away. Il give you a hint. The Homing Rocket is not the best way to deal with a jet, it's the worst in fact.

What's best if you don't have a Hydra or can't get to the military base then?

What's best if you don't have a Hydra or can't get to the military base then?sniper's, I hate snipers shooting up ma jet

Solo Wing Pixy

- or -

in most of the events/challenges passive mode can not be used so going into passive mode is of no use if you want to take part in the majority of the challenges/events....

the only thing that would fix this would be either Rockstar pulling their heads out of their rear ends and allow passive mode to be used, and automatically enabled in the non-combat challenges/events or at the very least disable the weapons on the Lazer, Hydra, Tank, Buzzard, Valkyrie, Savage, Insurgent and the Annihilator against the players that are talking part in the events but allow them to still be used against players that are not taking part in them.

I agree with your first point about allowing Passive Mode being used in non-combat based challenges, but I don't agree on your second point.

When the update came out it seemed that R* is actually promoting the use of Pegasus vehicles, which is one reason why they had that 25% discount on several weaponized vehicles. Even in one of the description of the events prompt the use of the Lazer. So I don't think R* is going to forbid the use of Pegasus vehicles in events anytime soon.

But lets be honest, using vehicles like the Tank in events is really fun, especially when the participants team up to try and bring you down!

Really this update has given Pegasus Vehicles some PvP purpose, which is what I really wanted R* to do in the past, so using Pegasus vehicles in events is a good decision by R* in my opinion.

Edited by Solo Wing Pixy