2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Anyone else not able to play ATM (not because of technical issues).

Fakeplastictrees

Fakeplastictrees

Swapped ps4s with my ex (long story), he broke mine n has now took his back lol, he'll buy me a new one he says but I feel lost without GTA, which is really f*cking sad. A lot of the time I don't even play it but it's nice to know I could if I wanted to, now I'm gonna have to fork out another £300 or wait a month for him to buy me a new one. Just letting anyone know, if you're unable to play ATM and feel a loser for feeling sh*tty and lost without it:

f6b5b35be68184ecc6ccbf109061998d1a5d9e2a

When did you though swapping an console with someone else was a good idea?

Edited by Arachne

i am very unsure what the point of this is.

• Like 2

Good job on him being your ex. He sounds a right dick. He breaks your PS4 so wants his own back? Er.. lel?

Buy a new one when you can afford it. Never take another thing from that arsehole.

Edited by Furry_Monkey

I heard last gen is cheaper. Come back to the peasant side.

Also I play other games too.

Edited by JON22
  • Like 1

Fakeplastictrees

Good job on him being your ex. He sounds a right dick. He breaks your PS4 so wants his own back? Er.. lel?

Buy a new one when you can afford it. Never take another thing from that arsehole.

You're right, I don't wanna have to keep asking him when he's gonna buy one either, I'm just gonna see my finances this weekend and see if I can afford one. I could get a preowned one for £200 give or take.

I'm actually crying for you right now. We should start a gofundme page for you

Imagine.

When did you though swapping an console with someone else was a good idea?

Well we had 1, I played it all the time had bought loads of stuff on it and cause we were wanting to both play it I just bought a new 1, I gave him the new one so I could have the one with everything on it. Wasn't a big deal, the older one was only a couple months old. I shouldn't have gave him the one I had back but just to get him to leave me alone, I did.

I heard last gen is cheaper. Come back to the peasant side.

Also I play other games too.

I've never played GTA on lastgen, I think I'd absolutely hate it, from the modders down to the dual shock.

Pester the sh*t out of him to buy you a new one, depending on his response follow it up with 3 pics. 1 of a hotdog, the next pic of a nice big, sharp kitchen knife and the last pic the hotdog cut in half with the knife sticking out of the cutting board, add ketchup for a blood effect and add "Better be soon"

• Like 2
Mainthreadrule.gif

Smooth Longsack

LOL. You want to play Ass To Mouth!

• Like 2

I have a functioning ps4....

And 2 little ones and a wife.

I feel your pain, albeit in a different way.

I need dad time and it has been quite scarce as of late.

What do u mean he "took"his back. He took it, stole it or you gave it back to him?

Sounds like a case for judge judy.

Edited by StangOne50

Fakeplastictrees

Pester the sh*t out of him to buy you a new one, depending on his response follow it up with 3 pics. 1 of a hotdog, the next pic of a nice big, sharp kitchen knife and the last pic the hotdog cut in half with the knife sticking out of the cutting board, add ketchup for a blood effect and add "Better be soon"

Not a bad idea, add a couple of plums in the mix and the message is even stronger. The guy earns a very decent wage, he could buy two ps4s with one weeks wage but unless I really go in on him he will drag his feet.

What do u mean he "took"his back. He took it, stole it or you gave it back to him?

I mean, he asked for it back, I said no, he kept asking n asking and came knocking on my door, we have a child together so my little boy wanted to see his daddy, he came in with a big empty bag so was quite clear he had a plan to take it. I let him take it cause I'd have to physically stop him n I couldn't bare to see my boy upset if we started fighting so it was a battle I lost but for justified reasons. Thing is, he's not a gamer, he buys games, plays them in two or three days and never plays it again and he has no interest in online multiplayer or character building, he wanted it to watch movies and basically to spite me.

Ah should have married a gamer, I've been in the receiving end of "can you turn that off now and do XYZ with me please, give me attention, I need attention, TURN YOUR GAME OFF". So if I marry a gamer, which is unlikely, as the ones I know are sweaty horrible things, he could play it without worrying I'm gonna start being needy of attention. Family time is crucial though, I have a son, I only play when he's in bed or when he's at his dads at the weekend but I need that me-time. Girls my age usually go out for a drink or go shopping or whatever, I like to game.

Go to his place and use the techniques you've learned from GTA to retrieve your PS4.

Aha or alternatively, I should 1v1 him for it, I would absolutely annihilate him. In real life, ehhhhhh, not so much, I'm 42kg. Says it all really.

I mean, he asked for it back, I said no, he kept asking n asking and came knocking on my door, we have a child together so my little boy wanted to see his daddy, he came in with a big empty bag so was quite clear he had a plan to take it. I let him take it cause I'd have to physically stop him n I couldn't bare to see my boy upset if we started fighting so it was a battle I lost but for justified reasons. Thing is, he's not a gamer, he buys games, plays them in two or three days and never plays it again and he has no interest in online multiplayer or character building, he wanted it to watch movies and basically to spite me.

I'm honestly sorry but I couldn't help but laugh, like this is some repo man coming in and taking away the PS4 and the PS4 is like "don't let him take me away" but you can't do anything because of a court order or something.

Weird that a thread like this pops up because for the past week I've been saying that I got an Xbox One (Forza 6 Edition) this past Tuesday but my TV broke...this past Monday, a day before I got my X1. I'm paying the X1 $50 per month instead of a full shot so I'm pretty much paying $50 now just to stare at an Xbox One box. $50 doesn't sound like much but I only work part-time (really part-time, like only Fridays) and I got a new laptop to pay which leaves me no spending money at all. So I dropped my TV off to some TV repair center (which are hard to find, by the way, at least around here) and the guy said it's $25 to check what's wrong with it and that he'll call me in a week to tell me what's wrong and how much it's gonna cost. It's been a week and still no call - I'm counting the days. So yeah, I understand your pain but I used to play GTA:O every day and I would skip meals, events and deny hanging out with friends because of this. The only way people could hang out with me would be to get on the 360 and join my session. Fast-forward a 1-2 years later when the 360 starts declining in replay value/player amount and my Xbox LIVE Gold runs out. At this point I know I'm getting an X1 and it's just not worth playing myself into the ground...so I didn't pay for more Gold. It's been around 3 months since my 360 was started up. It's got so much dust on it I'm sure I can get high if I blow on it.

It's better to realize how consoles and gaming in general can consume you sooner than missing out on other real-life things. I love gaming but going outside and just enjoying life, playing music and hanging with friends...it makes sitting down after a day out and playing games that much sweeter. Now I'm not saying you should do the same but there is some sort of "ah. feels like home" once you get your PS4 and start gaming again. Just don't let it take up all of your time. Here's hoping you get a PS4 and ignore your ex (he sounds like a right prick).

Ah should have married a gamer, I've been in the receiving end of "can you turn that off now and do XYZ with me please, give me attention, I need attention, TURN YOUR GAME OFF". So if I marry a gamer, which is unlikely, as the ones I know are sweaty horrible things, he could play it without worrying I'm gonna start being needy of attention. Family time is crucial though, I have a son, I only play when he's in bed or when he's at his dads at the weekend but I need that me-time. Girls my age usually go out for a drink or go shopping or whatever, I like to game.

lol i did marry a gamer, not a hardcore one, i married an amazing girl that played 100+hrs of skyrim and grew up with GTA like myself... shes the one that bought me a PS4 for my bday with GTA because she knows it IS my favorite way to spend my down-time. not too many issues there tbh, especially because im the stay-at-home parent and shes my sugar-momma :)

she does want the attention tho, and i dont blame her! our kids are 2 and 4 and both boys, so it seems like any 'us' time is just waiting for a child to need us... lol

my time for GTA is also when they are sleeping, and when i should be sleeping lol.

sucks about your situation, i hope you get your much needed 'me time' soon, without too much drama.

• Like 3

Fakeplastictrees

It's better to realize how consoles and gaming in general can consume you sooner than missing out on other real-life things. I love gaming but going outside and just enjoying life, playing music and hanging with friends...it makes sitting down after a day out and playing games that much sweeter. Now I'm not saying you should do the same but there is some sort of "ah. feels like home" once you get your PS4 and start gaming again. Just don't let it take up all of your time. Here's hoping you get a PS4 and ignore your ex (he sounds like a right prick).

Ahh I feel gutted for ya! Here in the UK you can get a preowned TV pretty cheap, it might be worth your time and money to just buy a new one if you can afford to. Doesn't have to be a 60 inch 3D smart TV, just one big enough and good enough you can happily play on. I totally get what you're saying, I try and balance gaming as much as possible, it's really only a night time thing for me, once my son is in bed and all the chores are done. I don't ever miss meals or anything like that, some people get crazy, I've heard on this forum someone pissing in a cup rather than going to the toilet, that's messed up!

Smooth Longsack

^^^ you've never posted on this forum while you're poopin? Is in the same realm. You're missing out.

• Like 2

In real life, ehhhhhh, not so much, I'm 42kg. Says it all really.

An assault shotgun negates size difference.... dammit! in the game only! well, would work IRL too but we have prisons to deal with there and can't load a previous save.. games are so much better than RL lol. and, n, don't marry a gamer, you'll never get anything done ever again. gamers need to be balanced with non-gamer partners. On a more serious note, if this person is forcing their way into your house and taking things from you without your consent, you should be talking to the police. This might not be the place for it but it sounds like you have a major boundaries issue with him in general that won't go away by itself.

ok, my turn; right now R* support is preventing me from playing GTA. not the technical issues, more getting demoralized from dealing with complete retards and not getting anywhere :/

• Like 1

lol i did marry a gamer, not a hardcore one, i married an amazing girl that played 100+hrs of skyrim and grew up with GTA like myself... shes the one that bought me a PS4 for my bday with GTA because she knows it IS my favorite way to spend my down-time. not too many issues there tbh, especially because im the stay-at-home parent and shes my sugar-momma :)

she does want the attention tho, and i dont blame her! our kids are 2 and 4 and both boys, so it seems like any 'us' time is just waiting for a child to need us... lol

my time for GTA is also when they are sleeping, and when i should be sleeping lol.

sucks about your situation, i hope you get your much needed 'me time' soon, without too much drama.

Damn dude, props on the Sugar Mama.

I'm getting tired of these 55hr work weeks..

p3wi3zH.gif

• Like 3
Mainthreadrule.gif

p3wi3zH.gif

LOL

i got lucky (kind of) lol

she was the stay-at-home parent until i got laid off from my job...

her part time job offered her management when they heard she had open availability...

but make no mistake, my kids ARE a full time job man. way more than 55hours a week is spent attending to their needs, answering their questions and trying to grow them into rad humans. its no joke.

but it IS awesome :D

-snip-
-snippier-

Ahh I feel gutted for ya! Here in the UK you can get a preowned TV pretty cheap, it might be worth your time and money to just buy a new one if you can afford to. Doesn't have to be a 60 inch 3D smart TV, just one big enough and good enough you can happily play on. I totally get what you're saying, I try and balance gaming as much as possible, it's really only a night time thing for me, once my son is in bed and all the chores are done. I don't ever miss meals or anything like that, some people get crazy, I've heard on this forum someone pissing in a cup rather than going to the toilet, that's messed up!

That's good. Always keep gaming as a hobby. :)

As for my TV, I'll wait to hear how much it's gonna cost to repair. Turned the TV on, heard a "fizz" sound and smoke starting coming out - still turned on, though, so I don't think it's a big issue. If it's under $100 to repair I'll do it, if not I'll check for other TV's. Had that TV for a long time but I love it and it's amazing for gaming. Anyway, we'll see how that goes.

p3wi3zH.gif

LOL

i got lucky (kind of) lol

she was the stay-at-home parent until i got laid off from my job...

her part time job offered her management when they heard she had open availability...

but make no mistake, my kids ARE a full time job man. way more than 55hours a week is spent attending to their needs, answering their questions and trying to grow them into rad humans. its no joke.

but it IS awesome :D

You're Canadian, I am guessing the kids are too?

They were born Rad.. All you gotta do is make sure they don't grow up Leafs or Habs fans and you're a Candidate for Father Of The Year

Mainthreadrule.gif

west coast represent

we grow the best cannabis AND humans

west coast represent

we grow the best cannabis AND humans

Hell Yea! Born and raised on the Island and in the Okanagan..
Mainthreadrule.gif

Aha or alternatively, I should 1v1 him for it, I would absolutely annihilate him. In real life, ehhhhhh, not so much, I'm 42kg. Says it all really.

Dear lord somebody please feed this woman!

Actually, yeah! I tried to use one yesterday but for whatever reason the 'Withdraw' button was greyed out. I had go buy a $2.10 bottle of sarsaparilla from the supermarket opposite and get cash out there.

I don't know why you'd say you "play" ATM's but oh well.

/s