2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Whats the best way to earn money now?

tommyderang

Hey! Havent played for awhile! So I am wondering what is the best way to earn money fast? No glitches at the monent either? Thanks :)!

Modders

• Like 5
Mainthreadrule.gif

missions

heists

prostitution

Hey! Havent played for awhile! So I am wondering what is the best way to earn money fast? No glitches at the monent either? Thanks :)!

I heard prostitution is pretty effective.

If you're on new gen just take part in whatever you fancy. Free roam has become as lucrative as missions and even heists now, with all the new events.

I know some people will whine about this fact, but if you're looking to maximise money then session skip till you find a sessions with fewer players. You need 5 minimum to do the free roam events. Obviously less players means more chance of you winning. Most of them take minutes and you get around $20,000.

Throw in any missions and heists you fancy and you can be raking it in like it's December 2013.

Well, maybe not that much :p

Edited by Furry_Monkey

If you're on new gen just take part in whatever you fancy. Free roam has become as lucrative as missions and even heists now, with all the new events.

I know some people will whine about this fact, but if you're looking to maximise money then session skip till you find a sessions with fewer players. You need 5 minimum to do the free roam events. Obviously less players means more chance of you winning. Most of them take minutes and you get around $20,000.

Throw in any missions and heists you fancy and you can be raking it in like it's December 2013.

Calm down Monkey, most the freeroam events don't pay anywhere near 20,000 even if you come first.

Calm down Monkey, most the freeroam events don't pay anywhere near 20,000 even if you come first.

I don't know about you, but even after ammo costs and armour and what not, I'm leaving a 3-4 hour session of nothing but free roam with over $100,000 profit, regularly.

In fact, last night I sold my Bati and bought a new one, fully upgraded it, and still left the session with a profit.

It's a new fun way of making good money.

• Like 2

I don't know about you, but even after ammo costs and armour and what not, I'm leaving a 3-4 hour session of nothing but free roam with over $100,000 profit, regularly.

In fact, last night I sold my Bati and bought a new one, fully upgraded it, and still left the session with a profit.

Don't get me wrong the events bring in more cash but the standard challenges don't bring in much bread in comparison to the rarer main events, and who has the time to sit in a lobby to wait for those? My friends and I are hopping from mission/race/adversary modes all the time like I imagine most are. I've not done the math but I'm guessing spending a night grinding the high paying missions/races etc... is a lot more lucrative then staying in one session hoping you will get more than 2 main events

Don't get me wrong the events bring in more cash but the standard challenges don't bring in much bread in comparison to the rarer main events, and who has the time to sit in a lobby to wait for those? My friends and I are hopping from mission/race/adversary modes all the time like I imagine most are. I've not done the math but I'm guessing spending a night grinding the high paying missions/races etc... is a lot more lucrative then staying in one session hoping you will get more than 2 main events

I guess it depends how you play the game. I've not grinded much, and certainly not for a long time. I spend most of my time in free roam just doing my own thing, and doing any objectives that come up that I consider worth doing. The fact I can do that now and make quite a tidy profit without feeling like I'm putting in any effort is really, really nice.

Someone did make a suggestion a while back that may be worth you trying. If you and your friends go into an invite only session and there's at least 5 of you then you'll get the free events appearing. If you all turn off the ones you're not interested then maybe you'll only be offered the ones you all have enabled. I don't know it works and wouldn't be surprised if it didn't, but it's surely worth a try.

NightTrainCaine

Say it isn't so, the Furry Monkey bought a new Bati and fully upgraded it! This pleases me.

Now our bike race will be fair since you won't be riding that Rubbish Ruffian. :p

• Like 1

Say it isn't so, the Furry Monkey bought a new Bati and fully upgraded it! This pleases me.

Now our bike race will be fair since you won't be riding that Rubbish Ruffian. :p

Lol. I did already have a Bati but I couldn't remove the crew emblem from it. No matter how many times I tried it just kept reappearing. I didn't want the emblem on my bike in the video I've just started making, so I sold it and bought a new one.

I'm so f*cking opulent I sh*t money :p

large-1_-640x350.jpg

This is not earning money though...

how come?

if i choose to spend a few hours working instead of playing im earning my money

• Like 2

EarlyLifeFailure

large-1_-640x350.jpg

how come?

You mean working in real life?

It hasn't become as lucrative as heists. You need at least 8 players in the session for events.

It hasn't become as lucrative as heists. You need at least 8 players in the session for events.

It's only 5, and like I said it depends how you play. If you prefer to free roam rather than grind then this option is available and more lucrative than ever before.

Edited by Furry_Monkey

I do nothing but the freeroam events since they come out & I get around 150,000 every 2 hours winning around 8 out 10 events including selling two cars at LSC so it's not as profitable as doing missions.

I do nothing but the freeroam events since they come out & I get around 150,000 every 2 hours winning around 8 out 10 events including selling two cars at LSC so it's not as profitable as doing missions.

I used to lose money at a steady rate, every time I played. Then the free roam objectives were added, like shooting down smugglers and blowing up target vehicles, and that slowed down my rate of loss to the point where I was often slightly in profit at the end of a session. Now, with the new events, I'm well in profit at the end of a session, but I've not had to grind anything or leave the session with my friends in or doing anything that I consider inconvenient to the way I like to play.

Edited by Furry_Monkey

I usually do a heist with mates or do a friends only session and get 7 mates on to do free roam events, Good fun if you have enough people.

AOR BigDaddyZee

Get a at least some what capable crew and play two three heists inna row. Or get the same and play missions and voting for another once done. Oh amd rpgs vs insurgents with friends pays well actually and can be a hoot

-snip of cash card-

how come?

You mean working in real life?

I'm just sitting here waiting for OP to make a new thread asking "what's the best way to earn money in real life so I can buy cash cards in GTA:O?"

I'm curious to see what people would reply.

• Like 2

Make a small group of friends and just play. I can make 100k without even trying just playing missions and jobs with my wife. The game is never more fun than when you have someone to share the experience with daily.

If you're not into fun and just into money do any mission on hard but take at least 10 minutes to complete it to maximize money.

Edited by TreFacTor

I'm not sure how long since you have played, or anyone in this thread, but Pacific Standard Heist is the fastest way to make money with friends. Since March 10, 2015. If you are alone, run missions. Since October 1, 2013.

Probably heists if you have a reliable crew. If you are more of a solo guy, you can do 80k to 120k per hour doing missions on hard. Use the voting screen to skip drive times. When you get a crappy group of jobs exit to freemode and sell a car, and then start up again. I'll mix in a survival or two when it starts to feel grindy. Those are a nice cash bump if you get a competent group that can finish wave 10.

Edit: If you do missions, use a stopwatch and finish the mission AFTER 4 minutes minimum. There are also pay increases at 6, 8, 10, 12, and 15 minutes gives you the full amount. Example - if you are about to finish a mission at 5 minutes, wait a minute and turn it in after 6 for 2-3k extra cash.

Edited by Lazysunday88

The best way now is free roam, taking part in the odd event that tickles your fancy. Since the last update my money's going up for the first time in years and I only bother with maybe one in five FR events.

Also I play races I've made in order to learn routes through the city and countryside, or particular motorbike stunts. Useful and moderately lucrative.

Occasional missions - no grinding.

Going after bounties.