2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Do you drive around in an Insurgent just for protection?

Giantsgiants

During the Freemode Events Update, I've been using my Insurgent as a daily driver just because of the protection it offers. Players in freemode seem to be very explosive happy, and the Insurgent can absorb explosives like a sponge. Maybe I'm too paranoid, but I can't help but think that when someone's trying to get friendly with me, I'm thinking that he may be looking for an opportunity to sneak in a sticky bomb kill.

Does anyone else drive around in an Insurgent for protection?

zyqr30a.jpg

Edited by Giantsgiants

AboveAndBeyoncé

No op I drive what ever I wanna drive also I live in Paleto Bay so I'm not too much worried about what I drive

• Like 1

I use mine for taking out Tanks and for griefing, extra fun because I got modded armor for the lulz...

0_0.jpg

Edited by Fozzie_420
  • Like 2
Mainthreadrule.gif

I use my insurgent almost exclusively for the convoy set-up on pac standard heist, but may take it out to go from a to b without dodging stuff, blast right through!

I use mine for taking out Tanks and for griefing, extra fun because I got modded armor for the lulz...

0_0.jpg

forreal man you gotta get me in on these things

i want my full armor back, f*ck the nerf

0_0.jpg

The nerf also afected 100% armored insurgents, but they are still better than the normal ones.

I rarely ever use mine very rare, my t20 gets me out of every sticky situation with speed. I use it to spin ur insurgents out. I have to say OP that is just atrociously ugly I wouldn't even want to drive near that ugly thing so ur protection is serving u well

• Like 1

0_0.jpg

The nerf also afected 100% armored insurgents, but they are still better than the normal ones.

as long as i can go back to my old "grille + 4 stickybombs" method for destroying tanks, i'm all good.

I can never get used to Giants cars. Hopefully when I go blind it won't be when I'm looking at a Giantsgiants thread and have his cars burned into my mind for the rest of my life. All in good love, though. :p

OT: The Insurgent, protection or not, is an amazing vehicle and I guess I'm a little "biased" towards trucks as I grew up around so many of them. It's powerful, tough and just has this "king of the road" feel to it...makes me feel safe and have no worries about the world around. I don't have to check the map when cruising down the highway to spot incoming threats and I feel if I somehow get stuck I can sleep in the back and live in it for a month, at least. Man, that would be so cool; sell your apartments and live in a truck. Or buy an offroad trailer and haul it around and live in the trailer. Wait, didn't mean I want to live in trailer...goddamnit.

• Like 1

shadowoperative

During the Freemode Events Update, I've been using my Insurgent as a daily driver just because of the protection it offers. Players in freemode seem to be very explosive happy, and the Insurgent can absorb explosives like a sponge. Maybe I'm too paranoid, but I can't help but think that when someone's trying to get friendly with me, I'm thinking that he may be looking for an opportunity to sneak in a sticky bomb kill.

Does anyone else drive around in an Insurgent for protection?

zyqr30a.jpg

You made this thread just to show off your poor taste.

0/10

• Like 2

I use my insurgent to ram other vehicles and flip them over.

Also the OP must be color blind.

I don't normally, but may start. I've had more and more issues with insurgent users recently. I never bought the Pegasus one, but I may soon.

0_0.jpg

I had to get mine on both accounts redone.. Friday night I took 5 direct tank shots befpre he got blown up and I wasn't even smoking, of course I still went to LSC for the fix.. I know it's at least half assed working again because, no normal insurgent can take 5 tank rounds without smoking, if not wrecked completely

Mainthreadrule.gif

I don't normally, but may start. I've had more and more issues with insurgent users recently. I never bought the Pegasus one, but I may soon.

believe it or not, the standard version has way more advantages over the armed version.

• Like 1

I drive around in mine because I love the vehicle. Its fast for its size, it can ram straight through A.I. vehicles, and looks badass just in its shape and frame.

Besides, when someone accidentally kills you in a heist set up mission, having an Insurgent makes getting revenge a little easier. :p

Edited by LPPrince

Blasterman4EVER

I drive around in an Insurgent just to be a mack.

Captain Sensib1e

Anyone who drives around in an Insurgent is a skeered n00b.. EOD folks, manup brah.

Oh no's I don't wants to be exploded.

Hell no. I would rather die in style. f*ck the armored cars.

• Like 7

Hell no. I would rather die in style. f*ck the armored cars.

^ Chuuch.

I have an Insurgent because it beasts off-road. I never drive it around in the city or into battle. Doing so would feel cheap...

Edited by We Are Ninja
  • Like 2

There are many reasons that the Insurgent is one of my most-used cars, and protection is indeed one of the biggest reasons. I'm unlikely to get killed by gunfire when I'm not actively charging anyone in any case, so the anti-explosive protection against random RPGs, a surprise strafe by a jet or just enduring a Valkyrie's main gun long enough to seek cover is the most useful.

And yes, mine is 100% armored so it's even more effective for this purpose.

xuPdqK2.jpg

No op I drive what ever I wanna drive also I live in Paleto Bay so I'm not too much worried about what I drive

Paleto Bay and Blaine County in general has been a lot less peaceful since the freemode events update.

Edited by Mattoropael
  • Like 3

Its so easy to shoot thru the front windshield. I always go after one as easy pray and get excited when I see one on the map cause it equals easy kill. I just make sure I get in front of it.

Edited by Stealthflight