2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Rubberbanding sticks doesnt work?

Chief theef

Ive never tried this before, but last night i wanted to see what happened if i "grinded" missions in my sleep. I joined a full lobby of people and rubberbanded my analog sticks together. I wake up to find that my controller is dead. How does my controller die when its rubberbanded up? Im on Xone btw. Is there some kind of "anti-afk grinding" system implemented by R*, is it the Xone, or did i do something wrong?

handcuff_charlie

It is a battery, not an endless supply of power to your wireless controller. What do you not understand?

• Like 1

My contoller was plugged in via a usb charger.

Shouldve mentioned that i guess

Edited by WasHanin

This.

Normally if one is to rubber band their controller they have the usb console to controller cable so the controller is running off console power or if one has charging cradle, you put the controller on the cradle to prevent its power from running out.

In short, controllers die. If you are going AFK for an extended time, you must get the controller off battery power.

It is a battery, not an endless supply of power to your wireless controller. What do you not understand?

Might check your xboner power settings or, if another power source, see if it reliable. I know on PS4, I've gone AFK many times and rubber banded and docked my controller. All is cool when I return.

My contoller was plugged in via a usb charger.

Edited by zoso80

This.

Normally if one is to rubber band their controller they have the usb console to controller cable so the controller is running off console power or if one has charging cradle, you put the controller on the cradle to prevent its power from running out.

In short, controllers die. If you are going AFK for an extended time, you must get the controller off battery power.

I had my controller plugged into a power strip

That sucks, I feel really bad for the people you were playing with. Not because you were being a douche by going AFK, but because they missed a great opportunity to vote for a deathmatch and take turns unlocking weapon tints by killing you. Oh well, better luck next time to them. :D

• Like 2

Well then you have some power testing to do, if your power strip is unreliable or shuts off the charge when it senses a full charge on the batteries it is charging. That could create a situation where your controller IS fully charged, but then reverts to battery power and eventually dies because the charger itself has ceased providing power.

I don't know hardly anything about the XBONE, but with the 360 I had a USB to controller charging cable for my wireless controller. It worked smashingly. Controller never died. I don't know if the XBoner has a similiar charging method. I passed on the M$ audio video social media cable tv box console for the PS4 this gen.

This.

This.

Edited by zoso80

If you wanted to see what happened you should not have gone to sleep. Anyway how much cash did you make?

I havent got on to check yet, but im guessing no more than about 25k, assuming i didnt get kicked before they completed LS connection that i joined in. But ill post it when i get on.

Xbox One feature, when Greg from Microsoft sees your eyes close, he shuts down accessories to conserve power.

I think something like that would only work with full lobbies like races. Then the players would have to keep picking jobs to continue and in theory you can ride along. You could just have been kicked by other players.

I remember reading about players doing this in FOS since you knew players would continuously grind it out.