1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Time Trial #3 "Great Ocean Highway"

CrysisAverted

this time trial sucks. going down the highway is faster, which means this is the easiest time trial they could come up with. had 1:59 with bati on one of the first attempts, cba to upload right now.

this time trial sucks. going down the highway is faster, which means this is the easiest time trial they could come up with. had 1:59 with bati on one of the first attempts, cba to upload right now.

I don't even understand it. I've tried a Bati, Akuma, and Hakuchou. Drive perfectly, follow a concise racing line and never even bump any of the traffic and I'm still >5 seconds off.

Can't wait to finish work and do this. I have a path i found that i think will be the path to take to set the best times, but i need to properly test it before showing it

I will be very surprised if you improve upon the intended route.

While we're here, who could suggest an interesting time trial? Who knows, maybe there's a Rockstar employee among us looking for ideas. I'd personally like to see one through Raton Canyon. Maybe Paleto Cove to Stab City?

Edited by VanessaMagick

Some people are saying this is the easiest one

For others like myself, this is the hardest so far...

The last one was a real nightmare, I never want to try it again, but I'll reserve my judgement of this time trial until I try it.

They're pains in the ass to beat the par time, but it feels so good once you do!

Does anyone know how many time trials there are? Do they repeat in cycles? Is there a bonus reward for beating all of them?

They're so easy to make that I expect them to run for a long, long time. All you need is a start point, and end point and then let the GPS work out a rough time it would take and multiply it by something like 0.7. Bosh - time trial!

The last one was a real nightmare, I never want to try it again, but I'll reserve my judgement of this time trial until I try it.

They're pains in the ass to beat the par time, but it feels so good once you do!

Does anyone know how many time trials there are? Do they repeat in cycles? Is there a bonus reward for beating all of them?

They're so easy to make that I expect them to run for a long, long time. All you need is a start point, and end point and then let the GPS work out a rough time it would take and multiply it by something like 0.7. Bosh - time trial!

If that were true, than the second time trial would have been a lot easier. The par times are Rockstar's best time, or at least heavily based on their actual time. I'm 100% sure of it.

If that were true, than the second time trial would have been a lot easier. The par times are Rockstar's best time, or at least heavily based on their actual time. I'm 100% sure of it.

Yeah, I've seen that suggested quite a lot, and it's based on nothing other than someone's idea. We have no reason at all to think that the par times are anything other than a simple calculation. Actually, suggesting that anyone at Rockstar actually plays this game makes me laugh. I'd be embarrassed to be involved in the development of this game!

Either way, I'm loving the time trials and this one does look very interesting. Only 7 hours till I get to have a go!

Yeah, I've seen that suggested quite a lot, and it's based on nothing other than someone's idea. We have no reason at all to think that the par times are anything other than a simple calculation. Actually, suggesting that anyone at Rockstar actually plays this game makes me laugh. I'd be embarrassed to be involved in the development of this game!

Either way, I'm loving the time trials and this one does look very interesting. Only 7 hours till I get to have a go!

I'd say that we have more reason to believe that the par times are an actual human's time than that Rockstar wrote a script that takes into account distance, terrain, altitude, slope, traffic, and automatically finds the best possible route disregarding GPS entirely, generating a time of a key difficulty and then running it every week on a time trial they themselves made.

This shocks me, though:

I'd be embarrassed to be involved in the development of this game!

I sure as hell wouldn't. GTA V is the fourth best-selling game in history. That's a hell of an achievement. Rockstar, like them or not, are a pretty damn prestigious company to work for.

Edited by VanessaMagick

I'd say that we have more reason to believe that the par times are an actual human's time than that Rockstar wrote a script that takes into account distance, terrain, altitude, slope, traffic, and automatically finds the best possible route disregarding GPS entirely, generating a time of a key difficulty and then running it every week on a time trial they themselves made.

This shocks me, though:

I'd be embarrassed to be involved in the development of this game!

I sure as hell wouldn't. GTA V is the fourth best-selling game in history. That's a hell of an achievement. Rockstar, like them or not, are a pretty damn prestigious company to work for.

Lol @ all of that. Sorry, but no. Rockstar is *not* a prestigious company to work for. It may look it from the outside but if you've ever looked into it and seen what the employees say then it's a very, very unhappy workplace. It's a job that you could show off with, by telling people you work for them, but you wouldn't be happy.

Anyway, I'm talking from a professional point of view. If I wrote software that had that many bugs in it and was so badly architected that (for example) a dead NPC in your vehicle meant you could duplicate your car and then sell the dupe , I wouldn't admit to being involved. Being one of (if not the) biggest selling games of all time has no bearing on whether or not it's a well written piece of software. It isn't.

We have zero reason to believe that a Rockstar employee has set the par time. It's pure fiction.

Edited by Furry_Monkey

ALWAYS 2:05something for me... aaaah ui ui ui my best was 2:04:980 and par time is 2:04:900... ui ui ui. tried on bati and with t20..

• Like 3

The few times I've seen R*'s own employees play the game, they are pretty awful at it, I doubt any of them set the par time.

The Rockstar employees that handle things like livestreams and community are not the Rockstar employees that would be responsible for setting times on challenges.

Lol @ all of that. Sorry, but no. Rockstar is *not* a prestigious company to work for. It may look it from the outside but if you've ever looked into it and seen what the employees say then it's a very, very unhappy workplace. It's a job that you could show off with, by telling people you work for them, but you wouldn't be happy.

Anyway, I'm talking from a professional point of view. If I wrote software that had that many bugs in it and was so badly architected that (for example) a dead NPC in your vehicle meant you could duplicate your car and then sell the dupe , I wouldn't admit to being involved. Being one of (if not the) biggest selling games of all time has no bearing on whether or not it's a well written piece of software. It isn't.

We have zero reason to believe that a Rockstar employee has set the par time. It's pure fiction.

The fact that GTA V is a broken buggy mess doesn't mean it isn't a technological programming marvel. In fact, the former is largely caused by the latter.

That's neither here nor there, though. If you're so sure that the par time is done automatically by a programming script, what's your reasoning?

The fact that GTA V is a broken buggy mess doesn't mean it isn't a technological programming marvel. In fact, the former is largely caused by the latter.

That's neither here nor there, though. If you're so sure that the par time is done automatically by a programming script, what's your reasoning?

I think you're taking this too far. I never said that it is done "automatically by a programming script". I was highlighting how easy it would be to do it that way. You need to chill out and stop taking someone having a different point of view as a personal attack.

Also, when you've got at much experience at writing software as I have then come back and we can have a discussion about it. Until then you should keep your imaginings of a "technological programming marvel" to yourself, because GTA is not even a scratch on that.

I think you're taking this too far. I never said that it is done "automatically by a programming script". I was highlighting how easy it would be to do it that way. You need to chill out and stop taking someone having a different point of view as a personal attack.

Also, when you've got at much experience at writing software as I have then come back and we can have a discussion about it. Until then you should keep your imaginings of a "technological programming marvel" to yourself, because GTA is not even a scratch on that.

Where did I imply I was "taking someone having a different point of view as a personal attack"? You're projecting.

Even more projecting is when you claim to have 'experience at writing software' while simultaneously presuming that I have none. Let's keep this intellectual, not psuedo-intellectually snide.

Where did I imply I was "taking someone having a different point of view as a personal attack"? You're projecting.

Even more projecting is when you claim to have 'experience at writing software' while simultaneously presuming that I have none. Let's keep this intellectual, not psuedo-intellectually snide.

I know what I'm talking about and you do not, so drop it or take it to PM. I'm done with your public display of idiocy.

I know what I'm talking about and you do not, so drop it or take it to PM. I'm done with your public display of idiocy.

You're projecting so hard you could point yourself at a wall and show off Powerpoint presentations.

• Like 2

You're projecting so hard you could point yourself at a wall and show off Powerpoint presentations.

You're a cliche and an uneducated imbecile that thinks pretty lights that make money must be the best thing ever. PM or STFU. I won't reply to you about this again. Stay on topic.

Damn guys I checked this thread 25 mins ago and all hell broke loose since then lol.

OT, my personal belief is that they actually do have people that tests these and figure out the par times.

Funmw2 says he found 22 time trials in the game code, he doesn't know if that is all of them or the particulars of them apparently.

My guess is they have a whole bunch of these things ready to go, like they aren't just made up every week. I bet they are planned a month out.

Based on the last two, where only the most perfect runs on a few different lines would make it, that arent gps routes, I think they do have people testing them. Just my opinion though, I like them however they are doin it.

Edited by Mach1bud

You're a cliche and an uneducated imbecile that thinks pretty lights that make money must be the best thing ever. PM or STFU. I won't reply to you about this again. Stay on topic.

I want to point out how hard you're projecting but I've kind of done that over and over so it'd be redundant and borderline petty. Moreover, GTA's programming is a lot more to do with "pretty lights" or how many copies it's sold... there's a lot more to a video game than just what you can see on the surface. Even Tennis for Two back in the day was a marvel of 'programming' when it was really just a virtual simulation in an oscilloscope.

I want to point out how hard you're projecting but I've kind of done that over and over so it'd be redundant and borderline petty. Moreover, GTA's programming is a lot more to do with "pretty lights" or how many copies it's sold... there's a lot more to a video game than just what you can see on the surface. Even Tennis for Two back in the day was a marvel of 'programming' when it was really just a virtual simulation in an oscilloscope.

PM or STFU. I won't reply to you about this again. Stay on topic.

PM or STFU. I won't reply to you about this again. Stay on topic.

I'm essentially just antagonizing you for no reason here but.... you just replied to me again.

Enough of the senseless bickering. Take it to PM.

• Like 1

okay i just made it in 2:02:something with the bati. it wasnt perfect at all but what i can give as advice. wheelie on every segment, even if its just a little. ui ui ui

• Like 3

Hmm, 2.05.100 first try.Could get a bit tricky as I had a near perfect run in my opinion. Do those ribbles slow you down on the highway?

Nope.

On high speed challenges it does, hmm.

If he's talking about the ribbed sides of the clear lane, then no, they don't slow you down. The little yellow dooshdooshdooshdooshdoosh things slow you down, but a miniscule amount.