1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Time Trial #3 "Great Ocean Highway"

CrysisAverted

What's the reward for completing the time trial?

They've been $1000 or $2000 for completing them, and an extra $50,000 for beating the par time (only once though).

They've been $1000 or $2000 for completing them, and an extra $50,000 for beating the par time (only once though).

Not a bad incentive, might have to give this one a go. Thanks.

Edited by Tacts_21

I used during extradiction drive over Tonga Hills a lot, so I know that place pretty well and I wonder if it wont be faster just going straight over it.

That is atleast what I will try.

Basic trigonometry is telling me that won't be faster. As soon as you go vertical you make the route longer, and half of that vertical you'll also be going slower.

Yeah, you are right, I timed myself driving over the mountain and just the mountain and not the other parts and the mountains themself took just under 2 mins.

While driving along the highway took me about 2:10 from start to finish.

oh and just speaking about the time trials, I have neither of the 3 visible on my map.

From what we've been told so far, you should only ever have 1 as it's meant to change on a weekly basis, but there's clearly something going wrong with it at the moment. A friend and I have 2 different ones available, and this one appears to not actually be out yet. It's shame that this has happened to what has so far been a totally bug-free experience :p

Yeah a shame :/ , I been trying out your path btw, and I'm having trouble going in and out from zancudo your way, best I could do was like 1:20 there, 1:50ish out, get shot by swat outside.

• Like 1

I used during extradiction drive over Tonga Hills a lot, so I know that place pretty well and I wonder if it wont be faster just going straight over it.

Basic trigonometry is telling me that won't be faster. As soon as you go vertical you make the route longer, and half of that vertical you'll also be going slower.

Yeah, you are right, I timed myself driving over the mountain and just the mountain and not the other parts and the mountains themself took just under 2 mins.

oh and just speaking about the time trials, I have neither of the 3 visible on my map.

From what we've been told so far, you should only ever have 1 as it's meant to change on a weekly basis, but there's clearly something going wrong with it at the moment. A friend and I have 2 different ones available, and this one appears to not actually be out yet. It's shame that this has happened to what has so far been a totally bug-free experience :p

Yeah a shame :/ , I been trying out your path btw, and I'm having trouble going in and out from zancudo your way, best I could do was like 1:20 there, 1:50ish out, get shot by swat outside.

Lol. I do believe it will probably be the fastest route, but the added difficulty may make it not worth it. Out of curiosity, can you make cops turn a blind eye when you're doing a time trial?

Lol. I do believe it will probably be the fastest route, but the added difficulty may make it not worth it. Out of curiosity, can you make cops turn a blind eye when you're doing a time trial?

I have no idea sadly, I think it should be possible.

I'm gonna do some test driving around the Fort instead and see what times that gives me.

Edited by Khaisz

I'm gonna do some test driving around the Fort instead and see what times that gives me.

Sustained high speed over a slightly longer route may be quicker than a more direct route with a few corners. Trial and error is probably the only way to be sure. What vehicle are you using to do this?

Edited by Furry_Monkey

Any tips on how to advance to the third time trial?

Maybe just try joining new lobbys

I went through a couple, and tried completing the time trial again. I'll keep bouncing around. Maybe you have to complete a free mode event to do it. I don't know.

Sustained high speed over a slightly longer route may be quicker than a more direct route with a few corners. Trial and error is probably the only way to be sure. What vehicle are you using to do this?

Bati 801, I been using it for the other 2 and I will stick with it for this aswell.

Bati 801, I been using it for the other 2 and I will stick with it for this aswell.

Same here. I rarely use it for normal free roam, but it's proven to be the best for the previous 2 time trials, for me at any rate.

Same here. I rarely use it for normal free roam, but it's proven to be the best for the previous 2 time trials, for me at any rate.

I have started using it in normal free roam for some of the events that requiers speed over protection, I even sold my Akuma since I don't use it anymore.

I have started using it in normal free roam for some of the events that requiers speed over protection, I even sold my Akuma since I don't use it anymore.

I think that's a fair reason to use it, and you were probably right to keep it in preference to the Akuma (sadly). I use a Ruffian in free roam, but I can get from A to B a lot quicker on that since I tend to go over most things, rather than around them. I can't do that as effectively on a Bati, which is a shame. I just want R* to release a Ruffian MkII, that's exactly what it currently is, but as fast as the Hakuchou. Now THAT would interest me.

Till then, the Bati is my goto for these things, same as you. It is growing on me now that I'm using it more, though.

*Yawn* Another time trial that requires nothing but wheelies on a bike...

Yes. Merely wheelie for about 2 minutes and get $50,000.

It makes a very welcome and pleasant change to have something challenging that doesn't involve a clichéd Tonka super car or ramming other drivers with a ton of steel. These require some skill and thought. I honestly expect a lot of players to think these things are utter sh*te, because of that specific reason.

I have tried 4 different ways now,

The what I assume will be the expected way on the highway.

Thru Fort Zancudo

On the right side of it next to the mountains

and following the road on the left.

and while I wasn't really wheelieing all time but mostly just leaning forward, the best times I had all was around 2:05-2:10 with the worst being 2:20 going on the hill side next to the Fort.

I bet I could do the fort faster if I just managed to jump the fence.

I mostly land ontop of the fence and bounce once more, both going in and going out.

I wonder if it's $1000 per complete minute of the par time? Seems more logical than $3k for the third, $4k for the fourth, etc.

Nobody else is having problems spawning the third time trial?

:sui:

Edited by Blasterman4EVER

I wonder if it's $1000 per complete minute of the par time? Seems more logical than $3k for the third, $4k for the fourth, etc.

Nope, from my experience you get $1000 for setting a new personal best, and $50,000 for beating Rockstar's time.

Nope, from my experience you get $1000 for setting a new personal best, and $50,000 for beating Rockstar's time.

I got $2000 every time I did the observatory one, even when I failed.

This time trial isn't showing up for me either. I had a go anyway and did the route I suggested through Fort Zancudo, and did it in 2:20 (ish). There were a couple of sloppy bits but I reckon I could only get that down by about 10 seconds. Maybe the obvious route is the best for this. Plus I don't know where the end marker is exactly.

Edited by Furry_Monkey

Jesus guys calm down it will show up it has only been what? 3 days? Calm down.

• Like 1