2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTA5 still stutters during dusk and morning

WATER DRAGON

Is anyone else having this problem? When it hits dusk or morning the game goes all Ill Gotten Gains Part 2 on me and micro stutters like crazy. Every other time is alright I guess but morning and dusk? What the f*ck Rockstar? You morons forget something? If this problem was on console it'd get addressed and fixed. I remember at first it used to be night time that stuttered.

Is anyone else having this problem? When it hits dusk or morning the game goes all Ill Gotten Gains Part 2 on me and micro stutters like crazy. Every other time is alright I guess but morning and dusk? What the f*ck Rockstar? You morons forget something? If this problem was on console it'd get addressed and fixed. I remember at first it used to be night time that stuttered.

Yeah, i need to quit and restart the game for get rid of that annoying microstutter... this game will never be fixed for real, i'm waiting by 2 year for playing it, i'm tired....

and your computer is good enough ?

What this even mean?

I restart the game and then it runs perfect again, and the FPS is 60 locked, of course is a game problem...

and your computer is good enough ?

What this even mean?

I restart the game and then it runs perfect again, and the FPS is 60 locked, of course is a game problem...

I think the reason for the FPS drops on dusk and dawn is because the weather affects aren't optimized. That's my idea. Because the grass isn't optimized very well either. Which is why to fix FPS drop for grass all you have to do is Alt-Tab out of GTA5 then go back.

The thing is: the FPS DON'T drop on dusk and dawn, it only start to microstutter, but it run still at 60+fps...

With alt-tab you only "fix" the 60>30fps issue regarding the buggy vsync of the game... but then the game start to microstutter instantly.

It has nothing to do with his computer not being strong enough.. Jesus everytime someone posts a performance issue, everyone assumes the persons computer sucks. Get over yourselves GTA community ffs.

He clearly didn't have these issues before the Ill Gotten Gains update, and we all know that the update introduced a ton of performance issues.

OP, contact rockstar and let them know. Wait 2 months for it to get fixed. That's all you can do.

It has nothing to do with his computer not being strong enough.. Jesus everytime someone posts a performance issue, everyone assumes the persons computer sucks. Get over yourselves GTA community ffs.

He clearly didn't have these issues before the Ill Gotten Gains update, and we all know that the update introduced a ton of performance issues.

OP, contact rockstar and let them know. Wait 2 months for it to get fixed. That's all you can do.

That's why I don't even bother responding to them. Clearly they don't understand what's going on and when I do tell them I'm rocking an EVGA GTX 780 6GB they don't know what to say. Like what? You gonna tell me to upgrade to a NASA computer next? LOL Them asking me what's my specs are is like Rockstar customer support telling me to upgrade to Nvidias latest drivers.

Because i dont have the problem myself and i always wonder how come so many have this problem? and alot of people play this game on very old sh*ty computers and complain the game lags and stutters how u expect to get help if we dont know the computer u play it on ? moron

Because i dont have the problem myself and i always wonder how come so many have this problem? and alot of people play this game on very old sh*ty computers and complain the game lags and stutters how u expect to get help if we dont know the computer u play it on ? moron

i7 4770k @3.9Ghz
Asus AMD R9 280X DC2T
16GB Ram @2133Mhz

i'm sure that now you'll be very useful to solve the problem............

• Like 2

Yes install msi afterburner and when u get the stutter alt tab and take pics of the cpu graphs or use the one in windows task manager that shows cpu usage of all cores, im curious if the cpu dips to 100% or something and stays there for some reason... cause a i7 should handle this game without any problems as i play on a core i3 only and game runs fine.

Edited by swebarb

That's why I don't even bother responding to them. Clearly they don't understand what's going on and when I do tell them I'm rocking an EVGA GTX 780 6GB they don't know what to say. Like what? You gonna tell me to upgrade to a NASA computer next? LOL Them asking me what's my specs are is like Rockstar customer support telling me to upgrade to Nvidias latest drivers.

I don't even think a NASA computer has the type of GPU power you have lol. They probably have a sh*t ton faster processor, RAM, and harddrives but yeah.. probably no video card.

Edited by Nick930930

I don't even think a NASA computer has the type of GPU power you have lol. They probably have a sh*t ton faster processor, RAM, and harddrives but yeah.. probably no video card.

I thought they probably would of! LOL Any way I figured a way around this problem. Alt-Tabing or off and on a graphic setting. There's still some slight micro stutter though... As usual...

I thought they probably would of! LOL Any way I figured a way around this problem. Alt-Tabing or off and on a graphic setting. There's still some slight micro stutter though... As usual...

This is a weird reversal of something I observed with previous patch versions. Alt-tabbing or changing a graphic setting such as anti-aliasing introduced stutter for me.

I played more, and the game start to microstutter at dusk, then i simply don't move any option (if i do then the game have a permanent microstuttering) and at night the stuttering is gone, and so on until the next dusk when reappears. No issues at morning.

I really don't understand why, the game is clearly messed up, i think i'm just going to deal with it :(

Have you this problem too? You can see the microstuttering by turning slowly the camera in circle with the right analog stick.

That's the fabled vsync problem then, which they haven't fixed since launch. That's seriously f*cked up, how can they NOT know about it? Or the incompetence is way too much.

nitw_nightmareeyes.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away

That's the fabled vsync problem then, which they haven't fixed since launch. That's seriously f*cked up, how can they NOT know about it? Or the incompetence is way too much.

Hopefully they'll fix it in the next update and not just leave the Vsync like this like how Ubisoft left Watch Dogs's buggy Vsync. I just figured out that most of my FPS problems on that game were because of Vsync. But unlike GTA5 you can't fix the Vsync on Watch Dogs. Either play in 29 FPS with Vsync or play with 60 FPS with screen tearing.

yep, i've found that v-sync cause me even a bug with Snapmatic, the photo turns out black when is enabled... -_-"

Ahhh so that's what it is! I have the same issue for like 3 updates now, I guess it's vsync then.

nitw_nightmareeyes.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away

• 2 weeks later...

New update from Rockstar. It looks really big too. So my predictions are either it's gonna fix the remaining problems or introduce more!!! I really wanna know what's gonna happen on Tuesday.