2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Passive mode is OP...sorta

Striker258

Every freaking time I join a public section I get killed then they go to passive mode I mean it's ridiculous and they gotta do something about it they should make it so you can't move OR Use it every time you kill someone for no absolute reason IM sick of it how is this a game if jerks kill you then goes to passive mode like they worship they're mother ...they gotta nerd passive mode or at best change something about it

• Like 2

they should make it so you can't move

I said it before and I'll say it again; no.
  • Like 20

IcOqQpq.gif

why?Because in my opinion, it's silly. If you can't move in passive mode, why play the game for some butchered spectate mode? The idea of "not moving in passive mode" doesn't make much sense.
  • Like 19

IcOqQpq.gif

why?Because in my opinion, it's silly. If you can't move in passive mode, why play the game for some butchered spectate mode? The idea of "not moving in passive mode" doesn't make much sense.and yet they over use it for kills and then they run away like lil ninys

The perfect fix for Passive mode would to ONLY allow you to go into and out of it from your apartment/garage. The ONLY exception would be if you are killed 5 times in a row without killing anyone you get a popup upon your 5th death that says push (button) for passive mode. Passive mode trolls rendered obsolete.

• Like 9

Passive mode is balanced.

You just suck at the game.

It isn't. Passive mode should have a timer if you kill someone and be disabled if you have a high mental state. That way people won't use it for trolling or griefing. It's not OP, it's unbalanced and so easy to annoy people with that.

• Like 9

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif

So we're gonna nerf something that some of us properly all because some trolls abuse it? That's B.S.

Either go passive yourself or kill them while they're trying to kill you.

There is a trick to killing passive players in NG. You use parked cars and even NPC cars. If they're on foot ram into the NPC car so it hits them.

OP? No.
Unbalanced? Yes.

I've seen people who abuse and use passive to their advantage. Back on LG you cannot use passive while in cars but in NG/CG it is a different answer. Someone I know actually abuses passive. He would kill someone in his hydra then quickly switch while his enemy fires a homing launcher back. I take it that passive is quite annoying at times, especially when in a scenario in which you miss out on a kill/bounty because of it and maybe get killed in the process.

A timer could be added to passive mode but nothing as silly as 'not being able to move' when in passive, as OP suggested.

• Like 2

Just take the -1 and be on with your session.

If they come out of passive mode, kill them before they kill you again.

Just be thankful they can only kill you every few minutes that way instead of constantly.

OP? No.

Unbalanced? Yes.

I've seen people who abuse and use passive to their advantage. Back on LG you cannot use passive while in cars but in NG/CG it is a different answer. Someone I know actually abuses passive. He would kill someone in his hydra then quickly switch while his enemy fires a homing launcher back. I take it that passive is quite annoying at times, especially when in a scenario in which you miss out on a kill/bounty because of it and maybe get killed in the process.

A timer could be added to passive mode but nothing as silly as 'not being able to move' when in passive, as OP suggested.

This is why I prefer last gen passive mode. Casper the ghost mode was a little too excessive for next gen.

Git gud?

Mainthreadrule.gif

So we're gonna nerf something that some of us properly all because some trolls abuse it? That's B.S.

There is a trick to killing passive players in NG. You use parked cars and even NPC cars. If they're on foot ram into the NPC car so it hits them.

If you are using it "properly", how would a timer after killing someone affect you?

meanwhile i can still run people over if they cower behind passive mode.

"Passive mode is OP"

Uh, yeah. On next-gen.

That's why I'll never upgrade, so long as people can ghost.

• Like 3

"Passive mode is OP"

Uh, yeah. On next-gen.

my point exactly

"Passive mode is OP"

Uh, yeah. On next-gen.

my point exactly

Word, brother. I like last-gen Passive Mode because I can still be killed if someone rams into me with a car.

"Passive" does not mean "Impervious to Damage".

It means taking abuse and turning the other cheek.

Edited by BoJack Cognac

If you are using it "properly", how would a timer after killing someone affect you?

I never said anything about the timer idea? The more i think about it the more i find it to be pointless because someone will find a way around it. I can see it now, they'll enable passive just as they pull the trigger so the timer doesn't kick in and we'll be back here again.

I'll say this: I'm still on the fence about the timer idea and the whole idea of nerfing passive mode because if you can't kill someone before they kill you or while they're trying to kill you (it's not like it's a quiet thing), you're either not paying attention or you're a sh*tty player and either way you deserve to die. If you don't wanna encounter trolls go passive or go invite/solo/friend+crew session but no matter what game you play there's going to be trolls and punishing the good players isn't the way to deal with the corrupt ones. Now if the timer was to start the moment you fired your weapon and you couldn't press the passive option with a weapon drawn that would work better than having the timer start when you kill someone, but if we're doing that we should instill the same timer for the "kill yourself" function because after passive mode, trolls use that option probably as much if not more.

on last gen consoles ps3 / 360 there is two things wrong while in passive mode (getting run over and killed & passive mode getting disabled when you enter a car).

"Passive mode is OP"

Uh, yeah. On next-gen.

my point exactly

Word, brother. I like last-gen Passive Mode because I can still be killed if someone rams into me with a car.

I'm good thanks, I quite like the fact that when I enter "Don't f*ck with me mode" I can't be f*cked with.

"Passive mode is OP"

Uh, yeah. On next-gen.

my point exactly

this guy gets it

if someone uses passive mode against me, i enjoy the fact that i can still run them over. it's even better when they don't immediately die, because then they have to put up with the annoyance of my car being on top of them for a good 5 minutes, helplessly watching as my tires slowly squeeze the life out of them.

or, being on the other end of that situation, i can sit and enjoy the show as someone desperately tries to kill me while i'm on higher ground, where they can't reach me. while all that's going on, i'll blow them kisses, blow cigarette smoke in their face, slow clap or flip them the bird just to piss them off even more.

i'm gonna miss that thrill when the day comes that i'm forced to upgrade if i wanna continue playing. :\

When you turn off passive mode, you should be killable for the 10 second wait.

• Like 3

You poor souls simply haven't mastered playing with last-gen Passive Mode.

I get killed every now and then. It happens. I also don't go out of Passive Mode and shoot people in the backs.

But I will go out of Passive Mode to fire a rocket at an asshole in a car who's trying to run me over. They deserve it.

Oh, you ghost-mode next-gen users. I will never understand you. And I don't want to. Which is why I shall pass on next-gen.

• Like 3