2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

question about the 'live a little' trophy..

Nihilanth1982

this is defined as "You spent a total of $8,000,000 purchasing vehicles included as part of The Heists Update."

question: do you actually have to make sure that vehicles as part of heists bought, all eventually add up to exactly 8m? what if i spent money on heist vehicles and it goes over 8m without hitting 8m exactly, would the trophy pop or not?

if exactly 8m is required (not more), what list of vehicle prices all add up to 8m exactly?

have i read too much into the wording of this? thanks

It cost me around 9 million. I'm a trophy hunter and it pissed me off. Just add up what you want, all of the heist vehicles count but the trophy is buggy as I mentioned.

Edited by SteveNYC

1. You can spend more than $8,000,000

You can spread that cost across both characters (if applicable)

It counts each time if you buy a PV, sell it, then buy it again

Only counts purchase-prices. No upgrades count

Only counts vehicles that were part of the Heists update (duh)

• Like 2

It cost me around 9 million. I'm a trophy hunter and it pissed me off. Just add up what you want, all of the heist vehicles count but the trophy is buggy as I mentioned.

You shoulda just bought a personal vehicle, sold it, bought it again, repeat.

Honestly, I'm a trophy hunter but I refuse to get this trophy on principle. Either you waste a LOT of work on a trophy, or you buy the trophy with real money. How convenient that the most expensive shark card you can buy is... exactly $8,000,000.... f*ck me.

I actually bought what I wanted, no regrets, but the damn thing would pop at the 8 million mark. I had to buy and sell my Casco twice, I know the method you're referring to, my friend who only played online for the trophies did it with the Kuruma.

EDIT: I agree, and there are allot of games with these micro transaction based trophies. MLB 15 is the worst with their stubs, and card packs, the one transaction related trophy is being awarded a diamond quality item. Problem is you have to literally play a whole 160 game season just to get it, or get lucky by getting a diamond card in a random pack. The scam they pull is releasing these limited edition packs where you have a 50x greater chance of getting the item, instead of getting 10 cards like you do in a standard pack you get 3, and they cost 12-20,000 stubs. Every once in a blue they'll have a diamond card pack, which costs about 50k stubs. Real life money around 50 bucks. I got lucky at around my 80th season game I got a diamond card, but believe me they've scammed many with their stub sh*t.

Edited by SteveNYC

well i have the armoured karuna and it's proving to be useful.

just wondering what other vehicles you recommend me buying (as part of the heists) that can also be useful in missions/heist replays etc?

*Insurgent(with mounted .50 cal) : 1,350,000$ - aquired from humane labs raid.

Insurgent(no gun) : 635,000$ - aquired from humane labs raid.

Valkyrie helicopter : 2,950,000$ - aquired from humane labs raid.

*Hydra fighter jet : 3,000,000$ - aquired from humane labs raid.

Kuruma : 95,000$ - aquired from fleeca job.

Kuruma armoured : 535,000$ - aquired from fleeca job.

Prison bus : 550,000$ - aquired from prison break.

Casco classic : 680,000$ - aquired from prison break.

*Karin rebel technical(mounted anti air gun) : 950,000$ - aquired from series a funding.

*Savage helicopter gunship : 1,950,000$ - aquired from pacific standard bank heist.

Mule : 32,000$ - aquired from series a funding.

Velum 5 seater plane : 995,000$ - aquired from prison break.

Gang burrito van : 65,000$ - aquired from pacific standard heist.

*Lectro street bike : 750,000$ - aquired from pacific standard heist.

the ones in * are of interest to me - vehicles with weapons and they all exceed 8m in total so getting the trophy shouldnt be a problem?

Edited by Nihilanth1982

also..for the military air vehicles, if i buy them i obviously cannot park them in the garage like you do with cars, so where are they stored and how can i do loss prevention on them?

also..for the military air vehicles, if i buy them i obviously cannot park them in the garage like you do with cars, so where are they stored and how can i do loss prevention on them?

The are Pegasus-delivered (like all boats, aircraft, and certain land vehicles)

Once you buy one, you call Pagasus for delivery ($200 each time). No insurance needed because you can call for another one (unless it's stolen and not destroyed)

this is defined as "You spent a total of $8,000,000 purchasing vehicles included as part of The Heists Update."

question: do you actually have to make sure that vehicles as part of heists bought, all eventually add up to exactly 8m? what if i spent money on heist vehicles and it goes over 8m without hitting 8m exactly, would the trophy pop or not?

if exactly 8m is required (not more), what list of vehicle prices all add up to 8m exactly?

If you spend $9 mill, you've still spent $8 mill haven't you?

Stupid question is stupid.

• Like 2

i was wondering if you needed to spend 8m exactly as it said a 'total' of 8m.

jackass jock.

gta_psychedelic

I bought a few Lectros, sold them, kept one, add the Insurgent and the Hydra and there is your 8 mil.

I think you only need like 1.5 mil in principle to achieve the trophy, of course you'll lose some with the goddamn low resell value.

I personally did it that way since I was migrating my characters from PS3 to PS4 and just wanted all PS3 trophies to auto-pop-up on the PS4 asap.

jackass jock.

Not my fault it was a stupid question. No need to resort to racial insults.

jackass jock.

you're a little slow aren't you? Why the hell would they make it 8 million exactly. To the dollar. Daft ass.

rockstarfanboy1987

You shoulda just bought a personal vehicle, sold it, bought it again, repeat.

Honestly, I'm a trophy hunter but I refuse to get this trophy on principle. Either you waste a LOT of work on a trophy, or you buy the trophy with real money. How convenient that the most expensive shark card you can buy is... exactly $8,000,000.... f*ck me.

My body is ready girl

SkynetOnlineID

jackass jock.

you're a little slow aren't you? Why the hell would they make it 8 million exactly. To the dollar. Daft ass.

Because it's Rockstar? To make it a more difficult trophy challenge? The wording is wrong. It should say "spend 8 million or more purchasing vehicles included as part of The Heist Update". No need to be a jerk because people want to check before spending 8 million GTA dollars.

jackass jock.

Because it's Rockstar? To make it a more difficult trophy challenge? The wording is wrong. It should say "spend 8 million or more purchasing vehicles included as part of The Heist Update". No need to be a jerk because people want to check before spending 8 million GTA dollars.

There's nothing wrong with the wording. Even if you spend more than $8 mill, you've still reach the $8 mill target haven't you?