2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Colors start playing around

TiTAN_AI

i didnt find in the forum search a topic about this, but this disturb me really after i play san andreas a while, its always around when i play more than 40 min the game starts pull out some weird colors, first it starts small but more and more the sreen get covered almost complete, here is a screen: https://i.imgur.com/Co81xDq.png(sometiems its not brown, than its blue ect.)

i mean wtf ?! the game is 10 yrs old and when i remember back (on my old machine) i was able to play hours without that issue, ofc i use some mods today that i didnt use before but i use normally just the usual mods to make the game run fine:

ASI:
Cleo 4.3
Modlaoder 0.2.5
Silent's ASI Loader v1.3
Silent Patch v1.1 build 23
Widescreen HOR+ Support v1.0.2
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Widescreen Fix
Black roads fix
Project2DFX v3.2
GTA5 HUD by DK22Pac v0.925
Improved Vehicle Features v2.0.2
CLEO:
Cop Bikers Overhaul 1.0
More Hostile Gangs 1.0
Trailers
Securicar Drop Money
Real Traffic Fix + IndieVehHandlings
Mix Sets
Death in Car
REST:
GTA V Radar
Hot Coffee v2.1
ImVehFt Cars beta14
Parachute Animation Fix

there are a lot of ppl outside that have much more heavy modded san andreas and it seems they dont have that issue (and i have a good machine) maybe there is a fix ? or a solution ?
while i was searching i found a memory fix but that wasnt the solution for my problem because textures loading fine.

i didnt find in the forum search a topic about this, but this disturb me really after i play san andreas a while, its always around when i play more than 40 min the game starts pull out some weird colors, first it starts small but more and more the sreen get covered almost complete, here is a screen: https://i.imgur.com/Co81xDq.png(sometiems its not brown, than its blue ect.)

i mean wtf ?! the game is 10 yrs old and when i remember back (on my old machine) i was able to play hours without that issue, ofc i use some mods today that i didnt use before but i use normally just the usual mods to make the game run fine:

ASI:
Cleo 4.3
Modlaoder 0.2.5
Silent's ASI Loader v1.3
Silent Patch v1.1 build 23
Widescreen HOR+ Support v1.0.2
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Widescreen Fix
Black roads fix
Project2DFX v3.2
GTA5 HUD by DK22Pac v0.925
Improved Vehicle Features v2.0.2
CLEO:
Cop Bikers Overhaul 1.0
More Hostile Gangs 1.0
Trailers
Securicar Drop Money
Real Traffic Fix + IndieVehHandlings
Mix Sets
Death in Car
REST:
GTA V Radar
Hot Coffee v2.1
ImVehFt Cars beta14
Parachute Animation Fix

there are a lot of ppl outside that have much more heavy modded san andreas and it seems they dont have that issue (and i have a good machine) maybe there is a fix ? or a solution ?
while i was searching i found a memory fix but that wasnt the solution for my problem because textures loading fine.

Are you using ModLoader to run your mods? If so, try turning everything off and turning them on one by one to figure out what was the problem.

EDIT (Possible Solution): Okay, figured out the problem, this has something to do with the timecyc.dat (I used a different timecyc once and the same effects applied on the pic). Try changing your timecyc to a different one.

Edited by SolidEevee

i just use mod loader for files that normally need a replacement, like peds.ide, fonts and some cars.

timecyc.dat is unchanged, i also tried a ps2 timecyc.dat and the same issue appear.

It's obviously not a timecyc issue, its the streaming memory, if you use anything over 300mb the game will start showing these weird artifacts, no matter how powerful your machine is.

Since you're using MixSets try this setting for the streaming memory:

StreamMemoryMB   = 256

BUT I highly recommend turning that to -1 (disabling it) and use Open Limit Adjuster instead with this line:

MemoryAvailable = 256

I say this because .asi files load before .cs, and are generally more stable when it comes to streaming memory, I don't think you will have any problems if you let MixSets handle it, but just to be safe you should use the .asi method.

EDIT: Also if you have an Nvidia card DON'T use DSR with this game, if you use it this problem will show up even if you have 128mb of streaming memory, trust me It's happened to me before and it took ages to figure out what was causing it.

Edited by Reyks
  • Like 3

jYzLR2j.png

thanks Reyks, i try it out soon, StreamMemoryMB was 1024 in mixmods and in limit aduster MemoryAvailable = 30%

1024 is definitely too much, you can try using 300mb instead of 256mb as well, but at least in my case (with lots of mods), 256mb is enough.

jYzLR2j.png

just want to say that 256 MB works well with the open limit adjuster and the issue no more appear for me (was now able to play more than 2 hrs), thanks again :^:

256 MB should the standart value in the asi and/or mix mods, i never thought that more less values make the bug gone.

Actually it turns out 256mb isn't really bug-proof if you have a heavily modified game, coincidentally I figured this out today, but I don't think it will happen in your case, I had to REALLY overmod the game to make this happen.

See this post: http://gtaforums.com/topic/750681-skygfx-ps2-graphics-for-pc/?p=1067995108

jYzLR2j.png

i think you didnt read the posts, if 1024 is too much, than 2048 is more than too much, also its already sayd that 256 is fine (until your game is not heavily modded)

• 4 months later...

even with alot of mods i experienced that 512 even was too much, then put 256 in limit adjuster and no problems, game just moves things in and out of memory when you move around and won't stress out system

Edited by Jaanus949