2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Time Trial

aaronBLUEeyes

I can't be the only one frustrated with this challenge, I've been attempting this challenge since day 1 with no luck at all.

My fastest time is about 1min53 sec.

I'm using a maxed out Hakachou and I've also tried Lectro, Vindicator, t20, and Osiris.

Motorcycle seems to be the way to go bu even with cutting corners literally and jumping 2 sections of the s-curve on the hillside I can't complete in time.

I go on the highway using off-ramp then cut across when there's a clean break to exit later on.

Has anyone here passed it? What vehicle and any route tricks? I had fun at first but now I'm just like Rockstar made this so challenging it's not fun.

Hakouchou should be fine. If you're not wheelie-ing constantly whenever you can it's very very difficult to compelte.

I did it with a Bati 801 with about 2 or 3 milliseconds to spare. First of all place a way point on the finish. My route: straight down the pier following the road up until the movie studios, turn right then left onto the off ramp. Follow the highway on the wrong side of the road until you get to the 3rd exit which is an on ramp for oncoming traffic. From there follow your way point you placed earlier exactly and when you get to the dirt road stay in the middle to avoid any slight bump, particularly around bends, as it will likely screw you up and cost you valuable seconds.

Edited by Passive Mode

I wheely it off the start to the bridge then again on the highway. Gunna try to stay on wrong side of highway and exit with an on-ramp on left.

I already do most of what ya said except staying on the wrong side of the highway which I just fin a run that way.

Haha I learned right away to ace a waypoint, why the frack didn't Rockstar just have the darn thing already have a waypoint?

Visit this topic, http://gtaforums.com/topic/820363-del-perro-time-trial/

quite a couple people passed it and posted videos so you can see their vehicles and routes.

Edited by CrysisAverted

It really shocks me how many people don't utilize oncoming traffic ramps... is it just hard-wired into people to unquestionably follow the GPS route? I do it all the time to save like 10 seconds just getting around the map...

I've been going the EXACT same route as the YouTube video and can't get better than 1min53 seconds. And I don't feel like going to buy a Bati, Double T, or Carbon RS just to supe it up for this challenge.

The GPS system sucks when not following the rules of the road and does no good.

I've been going the EXACT same route as the YouTube video and can't get better than 1min53 seconds. And I don't feel like going to buy a Bati, Double T, or Carbon RS just to supe it up for this challenge.

The GPS system sucks when not following the rules of the road and does no good.

Are you wheelie-ing the whole way?

this is important

Also in that YouTube video the player had like no traffic when ever I do it, doesn't matter time of day there's literally 3x the traffic.

NightTrainCaine

Finally completed it on my fully loaded Bati 801RR.

Stay left and wheelie often.

Try between 1:00 and 7:00 when there's less traffic.

$51,000 reward!

I can't wheel that much on the highway going against traffic without them swirving into me, esp at on ramps.

Also in that YouTube video the player had like no traffic when ever I do it, doesn't matter time of day there's literally 3x the traffic.

Exactly. It's easy as hell to wheelie into on-comming traffic when there is no traffic. But every run I've done, there's always a ton of cars, not too mention the erratic A.I to go along with it.

• Like 1

NightTrainCaine

Stay hard left against oncoming traffic.

Only use the hand brake R1, especially on that curvy dirt road near the end.

I can't be the only one frustrated with this challenge, I've been attempting this challenge since day 1 with no luck at all.

My fastest time is about 1min53 sec.

I'm using a maxed out Hakachou and I've also tried Lectro, Vindicator, t20, and Osiris.

Motorcycle seems to be the way to go bu even with cutting corners literally and jumping 2 sections of the s-curve on the hillside I can't complete in time.

I go on the highway using off-ramp then cut across when there's a clean break to exit later on.

Has anyone here passed it? What vehicle and any route tricks? I had fun at first but now I'm just like Rockstar made this so challenging it's not fun.

Get good.. there.. problem solved.

Yes, several people have passed it, and there's already a thread about this.

I passed it on my 4th try. It's hard, but that's what makes it rewarding when you pull it off.

I am good, I have nearly 500 race wins. And I hug the left side but sometimes the A.I. Drivers actually swirve into me rather than away from me and it's a pain when there's a car at a crucial hard turn.

But the accidents, as frustrating as they are, don't happen to often. Most of my runs are clean. I even shaved time off by avoiding the S curves on the dirt road by carefully ramping over them in a straight line.

You'd think the Hakachou, being the fastest bike with the highest top end would be the way to go, for the long highway stretch.

But it seems most peeps are using Bati 801.

Edited by aaronBLUEeyes

oleg_aka_djmeg

difference between hakuchou and bati top speed does not cover the difference between hakuchou and bati cornering. that being said, bati is the only choice here, because while akuma has better acceleration, bati has better top speed AND cornering, making it the best bike for this trial, and possibly all the other trials that we'll see in the future.

Edited by oleg_aka_djmeg

I know people who have managed to pull it off with Hakachou with a time of 1:38 and another that used Akuma and barely made it.

I've sticking by Hakachou because of the top speed.

I've had the most luck with a Bati 801 so far. Still working on the time trial, but I just saw the video by an Asian player and a new shortcut.

Seen videos of the T20, Zentorno, Jester Race car, and Elegy all beating it. I have done it in the T20 myself. It is not that hard and you should check out the other thread for some tips.

I'm going to have buy a Bati 801 and supe it up then. Thanks for the advice everyone. I didn't see the other post maybe we created them about the same time.

Additionally, I'm doing everything that's been suggested with the other bikes as far as always leaning forward, pulling wheelies when I can and the route I've been taking.

Mainly been using Hakachou but the Bati has better cornering, for it's a smaller more agile design and looks like it has a smaller CC engine than the Hyabusa (looks like a 1300cc).

Using a super car is more challenging, for you can't go against traffic the same way as with a bike.

Edited by aaronBLUEeyes