3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Freemode events?

TheGuyBehindYou

TheGuyBehindYou

I have a few questions about freemode event update.

How many players must be in game for the challenges to appear? And do they appear in private or closed friend session lobies or do I have to join a public server?

Also is there a way to join a server with a precise number of people? Usually I have lags if there are more than 10 people so I have to press "find new session" multiple times to join a good one.

I believe 5 people is the minimum for events to trigger and that it has to be in a public or closed session, not invite only.

Edited by kingofcake21o

King is most likely right.

I had an invite lobby spawn one on Tuesday but we had people come and go so I didn't remember if we had 4 or 5 people in at the time.

The last night we tried it again, eventually got 4 people in a friend's lobby and nothing ever happened.

TheGuyBehindYou

Thanks for the replies, I have one more question. Sometimes when an event starts I'm not included, everyone has a score besides their name but my name and rank are the same as always and my scores don't count. What do I have to do to participate?

1) for most of these events you can't be in passive although I've heard of reports that people have been.

2) Challenges often have to be done in vehicles spawned into the lobby for that event and only done in that vehicle. Look for vehicle icons located on the map.

Also in specific areas or criteria ie; when doing the low flying challenge, I was constantly reminded flying over deep water did not count.

I don't know if this applies to your situation because I would need more details but it's what my experience has been so far.

Edited by Anachronistic

TheGuyBehindYou

1) for most of these events you can't be in passive although I've heard of reports that people have been.

2) Challenges often have to be done in vehicles spawned into the lobby for that event and only done in that vehicle. Look for vehicle icons located on the map.

Also in specific areas or criteria ie; when doing the low flying challenge, I was constantly reminded flying over deep water did not count.

I don't know if this applies to your situation because I would need more details but it's what my experience has been so far.

I wasn't in passive so that can't be the reason. And I was playing the free fall event, I already did it once in my hydra but when I played it recently the score was always 0m.

I've only done the free fall challenge once and had forgotten I was in passive. I used a helicopter off the heli pad, in other words not a challenge specific vehicle. As far as I understand none of friends did either. (This was my first event ever in the invite lobby, I might have overlooked any challenge vehicle icons but I don't believe any of us used one) so I can't see you hydra being a disqualifying point. Ultimately I'm not an authority, I only speak from my experience and don't know why your attempt didn't count. Maybe there was a notification we both overlooked and say you jumped over an inappropriate area but that is mere speculation. If I come across any potential reasons I will post but chances are someone with more experience may answer it before then.

TheGuyBehindYou

I've only done the free fall challenge once and had forgotten I was in passive. I used a helicopter off the heli pad, in other words not a challenge specific vehicle. As far as I understand none of friends did either. (This was my first event ever in the invite lobby, I might have overlooked any challenge vehicle icons but I don't believe any of us used one) so I can't see you hydra being a disqualifying point. Ultimately I'm not an authority, I only speak from my experience and don't know why your attempt didn't count. Maybe there was a notification we both overlooked and say you jumped over an inappropriate area but that is mere speculation. If I come across any potential reasons I will post but chances are someone with more experience may answer it before then.

Thx for the answer, today every challenge worked fine so far, maybe I just had to restart GTA.

Edited by TheGuyBehindYou

^^maybe but I had the free fall challenge again and when going for my second attempt I noticed jets killing people's I went passive to get a helicopter. Not only did this erase my first attempt but even after coming out of passive before jumping my second attempt didn't register. The leaderboard and "current attempt" info appeared bottom right but it was locked on 0.0. Not sure if it's a glitch or what.

• Like 1