2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Gta 5 Xbox One v Gta 5 Ps4

Hickey1995

So I'm going to be changing to current gen pretty soon from PS3 , in the next 5/6 days and I wanted to know the differences if any between the Xbox one and ps4 with gta 5 and also which console is better overall , not just on any certain game ? If you have nothing good to say then please refrain from waisting valuable space where others could provide some good and usable information 😁

PS4 has a few gimmicks that are kinda cool on the controller.

Go to a game store with both set up to play and just try them both out. 99% of it is just player preference.

I like the UI, controller, and overall look of the PS4 better myself.

Inb4 console wars/PCmasterrace

Edited by Mach1bud

Latemodelchild

PS4 is good. That's what I've got. Driveclub, last of us, rocket league. You will also take all your trophies etc with you.

Never played on an xbone. Can't imagine it's much better or worse though. See if there's any decent deals on. Also, what have your mates got? Nice to have the same as them.

Enjoy whatever you get though.

• Like 3

The quick grenade toss comes in handy on ps4.

Not sure if such a feature is on xone as it use a swipe up on the ps4 touchpad

Edited by stonedpimpso

I too play GTA on PS4. I love it. That's all I really have to say. Some of my friends and family have it on XB1, but to be honest I like the PS4 version better. The controller is cool and the interaction menu is a little easier to bring up compared to XB1. The touchpad in general is a great feature on the PS4's controller.

Like Latemodelchild said, PS4 has Rocket League, Driveclub, and Last of Us, in addition to MLB The Show and a few other cool exclusives. Overall, I think I prefer PS4 myself, but you really can't go wrong with either. But since you have it on PS3, I'd recommend getting a PS4 since you're used to playing on a PSx platform.

Good luck, and like I said, you really won't make a bad choice either way. :)

Edited by DetroitGamer

If you are getting a current gen just to play GTA 5, then I'd say PS4. There are also other PS4 exclusives that are pretty good. I personally will be upgrading to XB1 this coming holidays because of Forza 6 and Halo 5.

You should just pick whatever console you have the most friends on. I like the ps4 better just because it has spotify but Xbox one can play 360 games also. Make sure you also check what exclusives each console has and see if you want to play any of those and base your decision on that. Just head down to your local game store and explore each of the game's interfaces and see which one you like more. I'm a ps4 owner and I love it just for spotify but Xbox one also has better servers, also it supports a 5g wifi connection unlike the ps4. Really though, my advice is to just drive down to the store and try them both out. Most answers you get here will probably be biased anyways.

Edited by Delta8042

This is a doomed thread.

For what it's worth, the game is slightly better on PS4 - as in it runs a little bit better, but the difference is so minor it shouldn't influence your decision.

Plus, GTAV has motion controls with the PS4 controller (which are pretty terrible), and the light bar lights up based on which character you're controlling. It's cool.

This is a doomed thread.

For what it's worth, the game is slightly better on PS4 - as in it runs a little bit better, but the difference is so minor it shouldn't influence your decision.

Plus, GTAV has motion controls with the PS4 controller (which are pretty terrible), and the light bar lights up based on which character you're controlling. It's cool.

I have a ps4 and I never really cared about light bar. I turned it as low as possible as soon as I got my ps4 cause I heard it wastes the controller's battery.

Another perk I forgot to mention earlier is that the ps4 controller is also rechargeable, so if you don't want to waste money on batteries, then ps4 is the way to go.

Ill give this thread an hour before it turns into a sh*tstorm.

Edited by Delta8042

In the same boat as OP and def goings PS4 route.

1. Its time

2. Last random lobby explosion really getting old

3. Getting ready for FO4

Any recommendations where to purchases a ps4? Been searching for a week, the gta5 bundle looks to be rare now...any links or suggestions? Thanks

:) i Chang

Well a dude I know has both the Xbox one and Ps4 and he asked me would I swap my PS3 , all my games and headset for his Xbox one as he rarely plays it , if I do swap and I'm not pushed about it then I can swap for a ps4 with someone else 👍🏼 I'm more pushed towards ps4 as I really want to get The Last Of Us back as its prob the best game I've played story wise since LA Noire and Red Dead Redemption so it's a bonus with the ps4 and as mentioned above about friends , nearly all are on ps4 👍🏼 I'll swap , see what I think and go from there , thanks for the help guys

In the same boat as OP and def goings PS4 route.

1. Its time

2. Last random lobby explosion really getting old

3. Getting ready for FO4

Any recommendations where to purchases a ps4? Been searching for a week, the gta5 bundle looks to be rare now...any links or suggestions? Thanks

:) i Chang

It sucks that you missed out on the bundle. It saved me a ton of money and gave me a chance to try out the last of us as well. If I were you, I would try to hold out until Black Friday in hopes that another bundle like last year's will come around again.

Unless you are playing for like 8 hours straight, the light bar on the PS4 doest really have any effect on the battery. At least not that I have noticed.

I like it because it gives me a little heads up that I got a wanted level.

Honestly get the next gen of whatever console you have right now. If it's an 360 get the One. PS3? Get the 4. That is, unless you don't mind learning new controls. Look at the features of Xbox Live versus PS+ see which one you'd rather pay for. Look beyond the just console if you're going to be playing online or other games outside GTA:V

Personally, i vote for the PS4 but i've also owned every single Sony console that they've made and I don't care for Microsoft as a company anymore.

Edited by Flagget

Unless you are playing for like 8 hours straight, the light bar on the PS4 doest really have any effect on the battery. At least not that I have noticed.

I got like three hours of battery life. Turning off the light bar gave me about five, turning off vibration gave me eight.

I like it because I have a weird thing for the colour codes of the character. Franklin's green, Michael's blue, Trevor's red* and Geno's yellow.

*orange

I've made my decision with going with the XBOX One, and I've been learning more about the Xbox one, so excuse me if I'm wrong on some PS4 points.

* If you were on XBOX 360, naturally go to XBOX ONE, because of backwards compatibility coming up (also I'm coming from the 360.)

* If you weren't this is where it is dependent on other games, if you prefer the PS4 exclusives, go PS4, if you prefer the Xbox exclusive, go XBOX One, also consider the friends factor

* People talk about the interface of the Xbox One being confusing, well, that's going to be updated with a sleeker look

* Both offer the ability to play outside the console, the PS4 having remote play on the Vita and ability on every Android phone anywhere, while the Xbox One is limited to any Windows 10 device however it's only local, I haven't heard if it would work anywhere else. Of course, you'll need a controller for the best experience

* I see more offers/deals currently for the XBOX One, if storage is a big deal for you, the Xbox One supports external drives, if you're into also self-radio, the PS4 has Spotify and you can play music in the background. I'm unsure if the PS4 has a 1tb model, because I do recommend having a 1tb hard drive. (Edit: you CAN replace the PS4 HDD itself ala PS3)

* Controllers are toss up, PS4 can also be used as a controller for other devices cause it's Bluetooth operate, but the Xbox one I heard feels much better in the hands (speaking of the new controller) it's just made with RF tech, so no ability to use the controller outside the system, you'll need a USB dongle if you plan to play on windows 10.

Honestly, I would just go with the place with more friends and more games you like... Or PC.

Edited by Bieberkinz

I got like three hours of battery life. Turning off the light bar gave me about five, turning off vibration gave me eight.

I like it because I have a weird thing for the colour codes of the character. Franklin's green, Michael's blue, Trevor's red* and Geno's yellow.

*orange

I like it cuz you can buy these cool sticker things that give it cutout so you can have like Spiderman's web, or the Bat signal, or what have you on the lightbar. Plus the changing colors is pretty dope.

I think I'm going to get a second ps4 controller soon. Sometimes I'll forget to charge it after I use it and run out of battery next time I use it. Getting a second one will allow me to charge one controller and play with the other at the same time.

*orange

Wow really? I normally play all day from about 9-5 on Sunday and don't have to plug it up. Huh. Oh well even when it does start dying it's not a big deal to plug it up and keep going.

Above Omnipotence

Me and the wife played on both systems(we own the ONE version) and seriously can't tell the difference. Though, 1 thing we most definitely noticed was some slightly faster race times on the leaderboards by at least 3 seconds on the PS4. We think it might be a slight difference in framerate that possibly affects the time clock?

Also, XBOX ONE has a rechargeable battery for the controller as well and can last a full day and a half, and the price for it was under $25.00.

Or buy a PC that can run the game a whole lot better, and you have mods.

Edited by ApexReclaimer

Pc has the best graphics, and is forever upgradeable. But its also full of modders. With ps4/x1 u sacrifice better hardware for a modder free experience. I used to have a decent pc, but i switched to ps4 since im more of a casual gamer. And pcs are too complicated sometimes, I just wanna play.

Big_Boy_Bmw760Li

OP, I recommend a ps4. I kinda know where your coming from since I had a 360 back in the day as well. Nothing wrong with trying new stuff. And if you really care about graphics on a console, I would recommend a ps4.

This is a loaded question ...

I have both PS4 and XBOX One, I personally prefer the xbox interface and really dislike the PS one, but you adapt to either one. If you just looking at games like GTA5, then either will do.

If you want to play uncharted 4, then PS4 might be the better route. Also your controller on a PS4 flashes red and blue when cops chase you ..

I have two xbox one's and one PS4, so my vote is XBOX One, but that's me.

If most of your friends are on the PS platform, then you should stay there. If you looking to try something different, then maybe XBOX One is the route to go.

Both have game exclusives. I prefer the XBOX controllers myself, but the PS4 controller is pretty nice as well.

I gotta say PS4. Dualshock 4 is truly something out of this world, it's a great controller.

I have two xbox one's and one PS4, so my vote is XBOX One, but that's me.

Why two Xbox ones? Edited by Delta8042

Seeing that you play on the PS3, shouldn't you get a PS4 to keep your friends? What are your closest friends playing on atm?

When it comes to exclusives, it's down to your preference. I game on PS4 and have absolutely no interest in Infamous, Killzone, The Last of Us, or Uncharted series.. know what I mean?

PS4 has slightly better hardware and therefore slightly better graphics. Otherwise, both systems are quite similar in gaming. PS4 has a larger player base too but I doubt you'll have trouble finding players online on Xbox.

Good luck!!!

Edited by ji.Ruichi