2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

How often do you go through the storyline?

MrAlexVercetti

MrAlexVercetti

i just wonder how often u guys go thru the storyline n finish it 100%?

just me these couple weeks maby went thru the storyline for 3 times to finish couple saves.

Lethal Vaccine

2006, 2014, 2014, 2015, and 2015. I played through VC 5 times to 100% and each time bettering my Stats and Special Vehicle collection. But at this point in time, I can't physically do any better so now I just enjoy my 100% Saves both on PS2 and iOS. The first 2015 date was on iOS and the second 2015 date, which was actually 2 weeks ago, was on PS2. All the previous dates were just on PS2.

Thing is, it's not just VC I play. I finished III, VC, and SA in exactly 24 days, lol. III took 4 days, VC took 5 days, and SA took 15 days. All of which I finished the past few weeks and now I am moving on to do another LCS playthrough and SA on Mobile.

Edited by Militia
  • Like 1

MrAlexVercetti

i see. guess it takes long on PS2/3/4 if any1 has. i do better on pc tho again a whole nite almost not enuff to finish the game fully. too much stuff to do for just 1 nite. but yes i got diaz admiral again on a better save..and doing the missions even better with every time..couldnt play on ios..hard after PC..dont even own xbox or ps2.

Lethal Vaccine

Nah, it doesn't take long on Playstation. My last PS2 VC Save was 19 Hours and 10 Minutes for 100%, with 0 Deaths/Busted/Cheats, 91 Mission Attempts in total (Minimum you can get is 88) and 27 Special Vehicles, which is ALL of them in the ENTIRE game but one (EP/FP Hotring Racer). On iOS, I did the same thing, but the Total Playing Time Stat reads 22 Hours and 8 Minutes there. I went SO fast on my newest, current, and last VC PS2 Save.

Algonquin Assassin

I haven't made a full run through since about 2003. Along time between drinks I know, but maybe one day I'll finish the story again.

Edited by PulpFiction

Boardwalk Empire Episode 2.1 Review - That Shelf

Lethal Vaccine

Lol, I could of sworn a year ago, maybe a bit less, you said in the IV Section about you playing VC again? :p

I finished III 5 times, VC 5 times, SA (doing my 6th playthrough in a couple months in the future and on Mobile), LCS 6 times (currently re-doing all 6 Saves now, so I guess you can make it 12 times soon), VCS (3 times, but again, like LCS, gonna re-do those next, so I guess you can say 6 times), IV 1 time, TLaD 2 times, TBoGT 1 time, CW 1 time, and V 1 time.

However, since I been re-doing all my Saves to make them better, I will probably re-do IV just for 2 less Missions Failed in the Stats giving me 0 instead of 2 how I currently have, TLaD, and CW, as well. I won't do TBoGT and V, as I don't like them.

But again, all of this will happen as time progresses. For now, it's LCS and then VCS.

Edited by Militia

Algonquin Assassin

Lol, I could of sworn a year ago, maybe a bit less, you said in the IV Section about you playing VC again? :p

I did, but I gave up on the save and went back to GTA IV instead.:p

• Like 1

MrAlexVercetti

how do u save the EP/FP Hotring Racer? how do u get it off the stadium?

regarding Pulp Fiction => meh i played vc ever since 2006 but went thru the game maby like 1000 times if not more lol.

Lethal Vaccine

EP/FP Hotring Racer is the hardest Special Vehicle to obtain in VC and it's the only one in which I haven't obtained yet for my PS2 and iOS Save, but here is how to do it:

Or

• Like 1

Once or twice a year... Sometimes more when bored. I do it in my freetime for fun and in those sleepless nights (like this one for example, although it already is day).

Edited by BlackSnow176

The Mysterious One

The last time I did this was four years ago, and I remember that I had completed 100 percent by finishing the storyline. I might have to do this again.

MrAlexVercetti

EP/FP Hotring Racer is the hardest Special Vehicle to obtain in VC and it's the only one in which I haven't obtained yet for my PS2 and iOS Save, but here is how to do it:

Or

meh now that was one creepy hell of a place..which was right underground lol. under everything lmao..i wana try but dk..dont wana end up in that hell..

Lethal Vaccine

You're supposed to get the Hotring Racer under the Stadium and then you must find your way in the Black Area to the Rifle Range to get teleported outside into the normal game world. It's not easy. It's the hardest one to get in VC...I didn't even get it yet and I can get anything I want in any GTA game basically. More times than not, the Hotring Racer will blow up BEFORE you get it under the Stadium and you must reload and try again. It's a serious bitch to obtain...

MrAlexVercetti

honestly i made it thru. but yes its hell of a thing. but here's what i can tell yall. its still a normal car. i got it in my garage, then blew it up n it happened like in the video, it said my car was destroyed. then i went to the garage n tried to blow it and it blows up. so wtf? i then close the garage door n its ok. but it is NOT BP/EP. and that black hell..i knew that the way out is the rifle range marker. i got there too..i can even try to blow it up outside to show yall. will do that right away..give me time to record it and upload to youtube..will post the link..

Lethal Vaccine

It's not BP...It's EP/FP. Only Grenades, RPG's, Molotovs, and a Flamethrower won't harm it. If you are shooting it and blowing it up, it blows up cuz it's NOT BP...

Are you sure you grabbed the right Hotring Racer? There is always one parked outside of the Stadium once you pass that "Hotring" Side Mission. The one that is EP/FP is the one you drive during the "Hotring" Side Mission Race. Anyways, I am surprised you got it under the Stadium. I only ever did twice out of about 15-20 tries and when I got it under the Stadium, I bounced up and fell into the invisible Ocean. The only time I was able to get out and run to the Rifle Range, I f*cked it up cuz I didn't know where I was going and couldn't navigate properly...

MrAlexVercetti

i got right from the mission. i didnt do the race. it happened just the way it was in that previous video. and here i took the video n uploaded. have a look.

P.S. man it took me an hour n 24hr of in game time to get it thru that hole ..the race info took like 25-30mins lmao..all cars bangged out there and only the commentor or however u call it was talking..but its not what was weird. all this underground black hell was creepy. u rly dont know where to run. just running towards that rifle range marker..

Edited by MrTommyV

Lethal Vaccine

Woah....Congrats, man. That's incredible you got that through the ground. For some reason, when I do it, the Hotring Racer's Health always goes down way too quickly and it blows up or when it fell through twice, I didn't have the luck to find the Rifle Range and you also need some luck for it to land properly underneath the Stadium as sometimes it will tip upside down or bounce up and land in the invisible ocean. Seriously, congrats. I got to get it now! :) Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

Yes, Good Work.

Now, let's keep the discussion on topic. Any discussion on Unique Vehicles should go here. :^:

• Like 2

MrAlexVercetti

thx bud :D yeah it landed the right way, like Tom says "nice & easy just as we planned" lol. tho it was creepy down under. felt like im in the hell lmao.. and the car's health didnt get wasted soon. only when i bangged it in my garage lol.

@GTAKid. sometimes happens when we get off the topic.

MrAlexVercetti

Honestly if i think theres not much to do after 100% achievement. just messing around with ppl, shooting, banging cars with rocket launcher, or grenades. or even minigun.. unless go and set some records i dirt ring or other..make riots. get 6 level heat...etc etc..

Since 2003, I already finished the storyline several times. Maybe over 50 times, at least! This year itself, I did twice! So basically, I play through the storyline, at least, 3-4 times a year, and try to finish everything, including side missions and other stuff outside the story 100% as well.

But, my record of 100% achievement is a bit poor compared to completing the storyline. In fact, any GTA when it comes to 100%.

Edited by Osho
  • Like 1

Algonquin Assassin

Since 2003, I already finished the storyline several times. Maybe over 50 times, at least! This year itself, I did twice! So basically, I play through the storyline, at least, 3-4 times a year, and try to finish it 100% as well.

Bit, my record for completing 100% is poor compared to completing the storyline. In fact, any GTA when it comes to 100%.

Don't beat yourself up too much. GTA IV is the only GTA I've completed to 100% and I've only done that once, but I've completed the story like 8 times.

No, seriously! If there was a way to prove then I'd have definitely provided all the evidence.

I am basing this on around 4 playthroughs of the storyline over the years since the release, and should fall somewhere around 50.

Believe me. LOL!

VC storyline doesn't take too much time, and I usually spend few weeks playing one game, at a time, and in rotation with other favorite games.

That's how I basically play games.

If you ask me about 100% then I could guess the amount of time spent doing 100% rather than the times I did, as its not possible for me to recollect on an individual basis. Its definitely a lot less than completing the stories, since I usually touch the storylines of only those games that I absolutely love to replay.

Very few games fall into this criteria. I have finished Mafia City of Lost heaven as well around 20-25 times already.

San Andreas would be 15 max. Because its not only long but have certain boring bits as well. LOL!

Also, On PC, I usually maintain starter saves, separate for both, story campaign and everything outside the campaign.

For SA, I usually start from Badlands, SF ( after The Green Sabre ), to skip going through the LS parts which I have already done a lot. This, it makes it easy to progress through the story by avoiding the initial LS parts, which I now find quite boring to replay.

Yup, that's all.

• Like 1

I finish it at least once a year, some years even more than once.

I have two copies of Vice City. One is the one in which I experiments my mods and other is the vanilla one. I goes through the storyline daily. I mean plays not completes.

Edited by gtafan2u

MrAlexVercetti

yeah i have 2 too. one is clean and one is modded. i play both. but truly prefer the original version. for its EVERYTHING!!

Lethal Vaccine

I never got into altering any Rockstar Game with Mods other than GTA V. For the sake of V, the Game sucks without Mods, but for the sake of III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT, and CW I can easily enjoy them just as much as I enjoyed them on release date. I don't need to alter the Games to have fun as the Game Rockstar has created it very good in my eyes. Not to mention, I play on PS2 and iOS. iOS can be modded, but I don't, and PS2 can't unless your Console is modded and mine is not and I don't care to f*ck with it, either.

I don't see myself doing any more VC playthroughs, though. I have the best possible PS2 and iOS Save, so I see no point in doing any more playthroughs. I just enjoy my 100% Saves now...

I will be starting 3 VCS Saves in a couple weeks, though.

Currently on my second playthrough (though for what it's worth, I only played it for the first time last year). I started a new game mainly because my original save file got corrupted to the point where it was basically unplayable--I guess I sort of delayed going through the "campaign" again because I dreaded some of the early missions like "Demolition Man" and "Bombs Away!"...But honestly, it all seems kind of silly now, because I'm having a great time! :D