2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Tips for specific freemode events

kleerp2011

Ok, having played the freemode events for a day now - it's quite clear that some people have figured out some ways to do way better than others.

I was looking for a sort of tips section for the free mode events, such as tips for the destruction one, some of the random ones like who can fall the farthest, etc. Any of them.

I thought I'd try and open that discussion here for those who have suggestions.

Pick an event and if you've got any tips, pot 'em up!

Focusing entirely on "legitimate" ways to do it - no passive to cheese it, no jets, etc.

I've done Penned In a few times and here's my strategy for it.

1 - Pick your car. If you have an Insurgent, that might be your best bet. Check where it starts. If it starts in El Burro Heights, a street car will do as it is mostly on the street. But in places like the wind farm and the vineyard, an offroad vehicle is the way to go. Don't pick a bike! Even if you're a great bike driver, people can (and will) still run you over. And don't pick something like the Turismo - low suspension can get you stuck in a really unfortunate way.

2 - Go into Passive Mode, head to the bubble and wait. Or you can smash up people's vehicles for a laugh. Doesn't hugely matter. Just remember to turn off passive mode at 15 seconds, or you'll be disqualified and your parents won't love you.

3 - Stay near the back of the moving area and pay attention to where it's moving to. Don't try to run people out, just stay near the back and follow the bubble. Don't guess at where it's going, follow it. Most of the time your vehicle will be pointed towards the middle of the bubble. Keep it that way.

4 - Be prepared for the last 10%. The last minute or so really ramps up and people often aren't prepared for it. The bubble will get really small and move really quickly. Keep up and watch for other players. It's okay to leave the bubble as long as you can swoop back in. Right when the bubble is small enough to only fit one car... make sure it's yours.

Focusing entirely on "legitimate" ways to do it - no passive to cheese it, no jets, etc.

1 - Pick your car. If you have an Insurgent, that might be your best bet. Check where it starts. If it starts in El Burro Heights, a street car will do as it is mostly on the street. But in places like the wind farm and the vineyard, an offroad vehicle is the way to go. Don't pick a bike! Even if you're a great bike driver, people can (and will) still run you over. And don't pick something like the Turismo - low suspension can get you stuck in a really unfortunate way.

2 - Go into Passive Mode, head to the bubble and wait. Or you can smash up people's vehicles for a laugh. Doesn't hugely matter. Just remember to turn off passive mode at 15 seconds, or you'll be disqualified and your parents won't love you.

3 - Stay near the back of the moving area and pay attention to where it's moving to. Don't try to run people out, just stay near the back and follow the bubble. Don't guess at where it's going, follow it. Most of the time your vehicle will be pointed towards the middle of the bubble. Keep it that way.

4 - Be prepared for the last 10%. The last minute or so really ramps up and people often aren't prepared for it. The bubble will get really small and move really quickly. Keep up and watch for other players. It's okay to leave the bubble as long as you can swoop back in. Right when the bubble is small enough to only fit one car... make sure it's yours.

If you're out of the bubble too long and get exploded, do you have to pay your car's insurance? If you don't then I'd guess the Insurgent would be the only option for this - nothing rams other cars out of the way like that does. A potential 16K in insurance is a bit nasty though.

If you're out of the bubble too long and get exploded, do you have to pay your car's insurance? If you don't then I'd guess the Insurgent would be the only option for this - nothing rams other cars out of the way like that does. A potential 16K in insurance is a bit nasty though.

Nope. Insurance is free for everyone.

Smooth Longsack

Coil voltic for the reverse challenge and for penned in. Hakachou for the wheelie and stoppie.

Edited by Smooth Longsack
  • Like 3

Coil voltic for the reverse challenge and for penned in. Hakachou for the wheelie and stoppie.

I tried both my Hakouchou and Bati for the stoppie challenge. On my Bati I got 101 metres, on my Hakouchou I couldn't get any more than 85.

A Paradox from 94

-Use a Jet for inverted flight

-Go to a mountain top or Maze Bank for Longest Jump

-Top Speed use Freeway, Airport or go to Sandy Shores.

-Stealing Cars: Cause a traffic back up on a freeway/highway

-Air Checkpoints: Use a Jet or Mallard

-Suitcase/Vehicle Hold: Take the vehicle to Fort Zancudo and into the tower if possible

-Hunt the Beast: if you're chasing the beast don't be afraid of probing around to let him kill you so that you can have accurate knowledge of his position.

Don't do this. Maze Bank is like 220m tall... Mt. Chiliad is like 500 or 600m tall?

Go to max elevation and coin 2300-2500m.

Can the wheelie be done using the faggio?

Also for the damage one use your tank and go in the freeway cause a jam and enjoy.

Edited by TCA

Also for the damage one use your tank and go in the freeway cause a jam and enjoy.

CAN it be done? Yes, but... would it work?

Don't do this. Maze Bank is like 220m tall... Mt. Chiliad is like 500 or 600m tall?

Not sure I understand this - unless you're allowed to parachute - how the heck do you survive a fall from maze bank? - correction I just read this is for longest jump.

Anyone have ANY idea about "farthest fall without dying?"

Edited by kleerp2011

Not sure I understand this - unless you're allowed to parachute - how the heck do you survive a fall from maze bank? - correction I just read this is for longest jump.

Of course you're allowed to parachute... you're supposed to from max elevation and pull your parachute as late as possible to get the longest freefall you can.

Unless there's another challenge that I'm not aware of?

New Cross the Line Adversary mode tips:

1. Wait for teammates just outside the "Line" instead of inside the "line", getting inside the line gives the opponents a tell-tale audio alert you have crossed and can put a target on your back. A tip I would follow if you are the weak link and your teammates are sending you ahead of them.

2. Make sure you get the special weapon on the map. Getting your hands on the Special Carbine while the opponent runs around with the AK-47 gives you nice advantage if you are a skilled killer.

I've done the top speed challenge twice now and won both. I found that the best way to get max speed is head towards the long stretch of road that has the vinewood oriental theater on it and start by Michael's house.

Get some speed headed towards mirror park and right about after you pass the freeway on ramp you'll be going downhill extremely fast. I managed 234 KPH so far. (T20)

Edited by Itzreality

CAN it be done? Yes, but... would it work?

Which one damage or wheelie? If wheelie I've done a never ending wheelie all through LS once. Right speed everything, problem is getting to the airport before it starts on that thing.

Hector Tavares

Anyone got any tips for the Del Perro Pier time trial? No matter what I use, I can't get ANYWHERE near the 1:43 time.

Anyone got any tips for the Del Perro Pier time trial? No matter what I use, I can't get ANYWHERE near the 1:43 time.

Use a Bati or Akuma.

Stay on oncoming traffic for the entirety of the freeway section.

Wheelie as much as you possibly can. This makes a huge difference.

Hector Tavares

Use a Bati or Akuma.

Stay on oncoming traffic for the entirety of the freeway section.

Wheelie as much as you possibly can. This makes a huge difference.

Alright I'll try this. Thanks. :)

Hopefully my Akuma will be good enough.

Of course you're allowed to parachute... you're supposed to from max elevation and pull your parachute as late as possible to get the longest freefall you can.

Lol - well it never said! It just said who can SURVIVE the longest fall and that water landings don't count. I'd assume that would discount parachutes based on the word survive? I guess my jumping off a building didn't help...

Lol - well it never said! It just said who can SURVIVE the longest fall and that water landings don't count. I'd assume that would discount parachutes based on the word survive? I guess my jumping off a building didn't help...

To me, "parachute" and "survival" can be mutually inclusive but I don't know what you do in your free time...

Hakachou for the wheelie and stoppie.

This is 100% right...I managed to get close to 4000 feet wheelie on the Hakachou and over 550 feet on a stoppie...

&

The best place to do it is at the Airport and use the runway make sure that you start on the right of left edge of the runway never in the middle because you'll start drifting to the side and hit the grass and will loose the wheelie or crash outright

There is another challnage to where you have to fall from a height without dying and using a parachute...I managed to do it from about 65feet from one of the low bridges over the LS Rive

DentureDynamite

Just don't land in water, or your jump will be invalidated.

Hector Tavares

YES! I cleared the Del Perro time trial...barely.

Par Time: 1:43.200

My Time: 1:43.136

Vehicle Used: Dinka Akuma

• Like 2

Damn, you cut that one by a pubic hair. Nice job.

Hector Tavares

Damn, you cut that one by a pubic hair. Nice job.

Thank you! :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can do this challenge from an air vehicle.

If it's the same challenge that I've been doing, I just fly to the top of the map - a point where your aircraft won't fly any higher. I then jump from there. I think its like 8800ft of free falling or something.