2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

f*cking stuttering

quejki

after 2 hours of playing this game i have f*cking stuttering on my GTX 960 2GB, i5 2400 3.1GHZ and 8GB RAM. what's wrong? temperatures are fine

Edited by Quejki

no stuttering at all. smooth as butter here. even in police shoot outs, jumping, racing, running, shooting ...ive tried it all and not a single damn hiccup or sputter.

i5 2500k

gtx970

full screen 1920x1080

all settings maxed except:

shadows: high

grass: high

postfx: very high

advanced graphics: all off

maybe its due to the high ram usage ? my gets pretty filled up after less then 30min and i have 8gb ram too.. u should lower graphic settings and see if it helps cause this game uses crazy amount of ram. And there is nothing wrong with his computer really.. decent cpu and graphics card is good too people run this game with alot worse computers and it runs good.

Edited by swebarb

A little more information on this would be nice, like on what settings you play the game, or what your FPS is like.

Still, your computer is not really that powerful, i have Intel i5-4460 @ 3.2 GHz - 8GB DDR3 RAM - GTX 750 Ti 2GB vRAM.

I'm able to run the game on high settings between 50 - 60 FPS vSync. Most times i'm at 55 - 57. I don't get any stutter ever.

your computer is kinda weak

a gtx960 is not weak. Cmon don't be a dickweed. It's not as strong as other cards sure, but it's still a good enough card where he shouldn't be getting stuttering.

OP did you contact R* support?

Hmm I'm having the opposite experience. Ever since this update everything is almost as smooth as it was at launch. No more stuttering when going in to cover, no more stuttering when getting in a firefight with police, and no more stuttering when crashing into things at high speeds. I don't have the strongest pc but it does what i need at 1080p 70+ fps with mix of very high and high with msaa and advanced graphics turned off. I also have the gpu limitation thing turned off. I only use up about 2g of the vram according to the indicator.

Xeon v2 1231

R9 280x windforce oc edition.

16gb ram

Installed on HDD

Edited by itsjulian_bro

I'm also getting stutter, below 30fps at certain locations of the game. My specs are a FX-6300, Radeon R9 285 Strix OC 2GB and 8GB RAM. Is this enough to run the game without any stuttering, fps drops, etc at high settings (some very high like reflections)?

A little more information on this would be nice, like on what settings you play the game, or what your FPS is like.

Still, your computer is not really that powerful, i have Intel i5-4460 @ 3.2 GHz - 8GB DDR3 RAM - GTX 750 Ti 2GB vRAM.

I'm able to run the game on high settings between 50 - 60 FPS vSync. Most times i'm at 55 - 57. I don't get any stutter ever.

Yes you do have stuttering and if you didn't then you would be able to post your gtav benchmark results and prove otherwise, however since you do have stutters you can't.

Edited by ZodaEX

Yes you do have stuttering and if you didn't then you would be able to post your gtav benchmark results and prove otherwise, however since you do have stutters you can't.

Ugh these people. I can confirm that I without a doubt have NO stutter right now with my rig. I had terrible stutter after update 1.28, and update 1.29 fixed it.

Just because yours is broken doesn't mean everyones is. I thought the same too with update 1.28, but learned several people just did not have problems.

Oh i forgot to add - I have random stutters only in GTA Online. In story mode I have stable 60fps with Very High/ High settings.

Edited by Quejki

GrandTeaRedemption

after 2 hours of playing this game i have f*cking stuttering on my GTX 960 2GB, i5 2400 3.1GHZ and 8GB RAM. what's wrong? temperatures are fine

Your CPU

OK, I fixed it by enabling Adaptive Vsync in NVIDIA Control Panel. To all experts about my PC - ure pathetic :D

Edited by Quejki