Which movie/TV show/book etc. do you want to see adapted into a video

Richard Power Colt

SmokesWithCigs

is there a thread for games that you would like to become a movie or tv show? because I think professor genki's super ethical reality fun time would make a great game show on par with ninja warrior. contestants will have to wear a wacky costume or dress as a cosplay warrior like in lets make a deal. of course real guns won't be used instead there will be light guns like lazer tag. the obstacles like fire and electricity will be harmless lightshows that can affect your target sensors if they touch you and deduct points. the game would play out just like in saint row 3. I didn't know professor genki was a tim and eric skit before saints row put it into the game.

movies that should be video games?

this is too easy.

zLgbSkF.jpg

4JeS5XH.jpg

H1Gx2Ta.jpg

Edited by El Diablo
  • Like 3

Richard Power Colt

There actually is a new upcoming video game based on the Ghost in the shell tv series, but.. it doesn't really look worth playing:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm extremely dissapointed i never got an Evil Dead/Army of Darkness videogame for (now) the last generation of consoles, might be a good thing tho because the series never produced good games with exception of Evil Dead Regeneration.

Also, a videogame about Dirty Harrt should exist:

God is dead and this not being an actual thing is the proof.

movies that should be video games?

this is too easy.

zLgbSkF.jpg

pls gib me diz

The Crazy 88 sword fight would be my most replayed level evar.

Edited by Midnight Hitman

TheDeadite.gif

Goodfellas should definitely be made into a game. No idea how they would do it as I doubt they would use Henry Hill as the game character but I think if done right it would be a classic game

Would also be good if they released the Sopranos on PS4 as I never got a chance to play it on the PS2

• Like 1

LongHairedFreakyGuy

Goodfellas should definitely be made into a game. No idea how they would do it as I doubt they would use Henry Hill as the game character but I think if done right it would be a classic game

With the likes of Mafia and GTA, how would this game work though? I can only see it as some heavy narrative-driven game that tries to be too much like the film, but in a very, very bad way, with terrible voice acting and the like, with sh*tty side-missions trying to give the false illusion of a break away from it. Back in the PS2 era, this may have worked, but I just can''t see it working now.

El Diablo's mention of Kill Bill has made me think that The Raid might be a decent hack and slash action game, but obviously not too heavily based on the film itself, but as a side-story in some way.

• Like 1

Great Ideas here! I would like to add the universes/realms of...

Firefly

(tv series) including "Serenity" (firefly's movie)

Stargate SG1

(possibly including Atlantis and other Stargate elements such as the movie, there is a game on SNES I played but a new one would be great)

Farscape

(tv series)

Moon

(movie)

Doctor Who

(series and movies, may already be a game I'm not sure)

Plasmo

(claymation childrens tv series)

Dark Star

(1974 film)

Harwood Butch3r

With the likes of Mafia and GTA, how would this game work though? I can only see it as some heavy narrative-driven game that tries to be too much like the film, but in a very, very bad way, with terrible voice acting and the like, with sh*tty side-missions trying to give the false illusion of a break away from it. Back in the PS2 era, this may have worked, but I just can''t see it working now.

El Diablo's mention of Kill Bill has made me think that The Raid might be a decent hack and slash action game, but obviously not too heavily based on the film itself, but as a side-story in some way.

As much as I love Goodfellas I agree. The only way I could possibly see it working is a point and click, graphic game like Back To The Future, The Walking Dead, Life Is Strange etc.

It wouldn't work well as an open world game because it's too dialogue heavy. I would only accept it if it had the original cast like Ray Liotta, Joe Pesci, Robert DeNiro, Paul Sorvino etc.

Edited by SonOfLiberty

It would be cool to see a game based on Daredevil. it can be a game like Batman but its always in a detective mode and the more noise you make than you see more of the world.

• Like 1

LongHairedFreakyGuy

It would be cool to see a game based on Daredevil. it can be a game like Batman but its always in a detective mode and the more noise you make than you see more of the world.

I'd happily wager on there being a few Marvel/DC based games on the horizon with all the hype surrounding it at the moment...

As much as I love Goodfellas I agree. The only way I could possibly see it working is a point and click, graphic game like Back To The Future, The Walking Dead, Life Is Strange etc.

It wouldn't work well as an open world game because it's too dialogue heavy. I would only accept it if it had the original cast like Ray Liotta, Joe Pesci, Robert DeNiro, Paul Sorvino etc.

I reckon it could be done, tough maybe, but it could be accomplished. Just like how The Godfather 1 & 2 games were done. Most of the cast did the game voices, as some died long before the game was released. Even the guy who did Paulie Gatto returned to work on the game. They were terrific games.

I also don't see why the original cast would object to do the game. All of them are alive and would be paid well.

LongHairedFreakyGuy

I reckon it could be done, tough maybe, but it could be accomplished. Just like how The Godfather 1 & 2 games were done. Most of the cast did the game voices, as some died long before the game was released. Even the guy who did Paulie Gatto returned to work on the game. They were terrific games.

I also don't see why the original cast would object to do the game. All of them are alive and would be paid well.

Time's moved on quite considerably since then though, and as gamers, we're expecting a sh*t ton of content with each game. Like I said in my original post, Goodfellas is more of a narrative driven film, and with the likes of Mafia and GTA, how would they set this game apart, apart from using a sh*t ton of in-game cut-scenes to progress the game, or adding sh*t side-missions that make it more of a parody than a serious take on the film. Goodfellas is a brilliant film, but just wouldn't work as a game...