2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

BEST part of the Freemode Update - HIDING ICONS :O

XO Radio

I should preface this, I'm not sure who all will be able to use this (I don't know if Last Gen will have this ability or not... did you guys get any update at all? Or the same one we got, minus the Freemode stuff?)

but!

Forget everything else --- You can now hide the eyesore job icons, store icons, tattoo parlor icons etc etc etc that flooded your maps HOLY CRAP something I've wanted since day one! My pause screen map is now not a jumbled mess of thousands of blue job icons. THANK YOU ROCKSTAR MY EYES CAN STOP BLEEDING

Can I get an amen!!! Obligitory dancing gif!

Gta_4f28b8_2159413.gif

Edited by XO Radio

more pegasus spawns too.

Edited by stonedpimpso
  • Like 2

It's glorious.

I want to brag, I want to call out those dudes yesterday who swore they'd never upgrade ("Last Gen is superior, we can drive over 120 mph") and you know what, rather than boast I'm going to let it all go. Any comparison will be a petty attempt, the NG just won (for me).

The hiding of icons has been A LONG TIME COMIN' and that's made the game so much better. It's subtle, but VERY WELCOMED. Such a small change but greatly improves my experience. I won't argue further in any thread, the whole "last gen vs next gen" bc I think the gauntlet was just thrown down, hard. I'm pro-upgrade, whenever and however you need to do it, do it. Anyways I digress...

It's glorious.

Edited by XO Radio

the blips and this ---> Fixed an issue that incorrectly triggered a wanted level in the wilderness when committing a crime with no witnesses.

plus editor makes me a pleased panda.

• Like 2

I was hoping player blips could be hidden as well including yourself for others, but that doesn't appear to be the case?

Actually, I think the blip comment was to do with Bounties.

My Daily Objective today (one of them) was collect a bounty. Dude goes into an eternal pause screen a block away from me. I throw a bounty on him and immediately notice... NO skull and crossbones icon. So THOSE are gone (I welcome this change too!)

I have to admit this one hurts. After 2 years of players begging for this LG gets left behind. The one thing most of us actually agreed on.

You guys could keep your events and neon lights and f*cked up passive mode but this one takes the cake.

Surely a sad day for LG.

• Like 10

I agree with the OP! No more icons junking up my expanded mini map and no more walking into jobs while fighting on the streets! I love it!

Yes OMG thank lord! I don't have current gen but I am glad they made an option at least there, does in hide the coronas as well?

F8i4bRU.png

Yes OMG thank lord! I don't have current gen but I am glad they made an option at least there, does in hide the coronas as well?

Yup.

5GXhUUC.png

brGDTfN.png

That's my favorite thing ever in this update. About time they added this.

Is it all or nothing? Or can you choose to only hide the blue icons for example?

You can hide everything except for safehouse icon and Lester/Simeon/Trevor icons. Don't know about events (target vehicle, crate, new events, etc.).

You can also give it a custom setting so you can make it so deathmatches don't appear but races do or so that only LSC appears on the map.

• Like 1

I don't see why they couldn't add that in October 2013 or to LG consoles. Rockstar is like Apple, they're years late on something and their fanboys get hyped.

PS I'm on team Apple. :/

DentureDynamite

Forget everything else --- You can now hide the eyesore job icons, store icons, tattoo parlor icons etc etc etc that flooded your maps HOLY CRAP something I've wanted since day one! My pause screen map is now not a jumbled mess of thousands of blue job icons. THANK YOU ROCKSTAR MY EYES CAN STOP BLEEDING

Can I get an amen!!! Obligitory dancing gif!

Heck yeah! Beat-boxing and break dancing to that. :)

NOW...if they could just give the weapon wheel some similar, much-needed attention..!

If they can fix the blue map icons, I believe they can actually(!) fix the long-standing issues with that too.

There will be tears of joy flowing down the streets of Los Santos when that happens. I guarantee it (if only mine). lol

I speak for me and my 360 when i say that's just cold

Brrr

Maybe not cold per se (depends), but calculated? Yeah, very. They know what they're doing: trying to create "incentive" for old-gen people to want to upgrade.

But I hear ya. I bought a PS3 last October JUST for GTA Online before switching to my PC. It served me well--had a lot of fun, and was able to rank up my main character.

Edited by DentureDynamite

Crunch McThornbody

I still enjoy the game on my 360, but that ability to remove the blue icons from the minimap only on new gen is a c*nty move by R*.

• Like 3

CrookByDaBook4

My Daily Objective today (one of them) was collect a bounty. Dude goes into an eternal pause screen a block away from me. I throw a bounty on him and immediately notice... NO skull and crossbones icon. So THOSE are gone (I welcome this change too!)

I jumped into the game and had a bounty and the jets came right away, so I think you could be wrong - PC

DentureDynamite

The hiding of icons has been A LONG TIME COMIN' and that's made the game so much better. It's subtle, but VERY WELCOMED. Such a small change but greatly improves my experience. I won't argue further in any thread, the whole "last gen vs next gen" bc I think the gauntlet was just thrown down, hard. I'm pro-upgrade, whenever and however you need to do it, do it. Anyways I digress...

It's glorious.

You're not just a woofin' :) Words them-thar Rockstar folk need ta hear!

I jumped into the game and had a bounty and the jets came right away, so I think you could be wrong - PC

Actually Crook is absolutely right, I just hopped into a lobby and there are the red skull icons (bounties) about 10 of them going on (???) I guess in my case, it was a glitch or something. So... I'm not sure what the blips thing Psymin was mentioning might be?

OfficialTwiggz

Bounties are still very much active and alive. Ran into three of them just ten minutes ago. Skull icon and all.

EDIT -- sorry, somehow my comment got double posted

Edited by XO Radio